• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    The same IC that swore up and down that Iran had weapons of mass destruction?
    Yes But those are two separate events and should be treated as such. By your logic we should just disband all intelligence organizations in this country.

Like I said it should be investigated not ruled upon. Look at the evidence make a determination. Anything else would be willful ignorance.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Yes But those are two separate events and should be treated as such. By your logic we should just disband all intelligence organizations in this country.

Like I said it should be investigated not ruled upon. Look at the evidence make a determination. Anything else would be willful ignorance.

There are something like 16 publicly known US intelligence organizations and Lord knows how many secret organizations. Probably much more efficient and cost effective to have 1. Cannot have that many organizations without some redundancy. So yes some of them should be disbanded.

If they are so sure fired certain that Russia effected the outcome of the election then why did they do nothing to stop it before hand?

Before any dollars are wasted on an investigation some shred of evidence should be presented to the American people that Russia made people go out and vote for President Trump.

ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    There are something like 16 publicly known US intelligence organizations and Lord knows how many secret organizations. Probably much more efficient and cost effective to have 1. Cannot have that many organizations without some redundancy. So yes some of them should be disbanded.

If they are so sure fired certain that Russia effected the outcome of the election then why did they do nothing to stop it before hand?

Before any dollars are wasted on an investigation some shred of evidence should be presented to the American people that Russia made people go out and vote for President Trump.
    I'm not arguing about whether we should disband the IC. I was just using that to make a point. Obviously they can be effective. They found Bin Laden. Their issue is working together which Bush tried to address with the DNI.

If there is evidence that is unclassified then it should absolutely be released.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I think the IC has established a basis at the very least.

That's just factually wrong.

Don't confuse the IC (career professionals) with the IC (Obama political appointees who can say anything anonymously and attribute it to their Agency with the willing sycophantic media). Not all IC Agencies have them, but some do, and they're all funneled through political appointees just under, and in, the White House.

ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    That's just factually wrong.

Don't confuse the IC (career professionals) with the IC (Obama political appointees who can say anything anonymously and attribute it to their Agency with the willing sycophantic media). Not all IC Agencies have them, but some do, and they're all funneled through political appointees just under, and in, the White House.
    All were in agreement. How is that not a basis for an inquiry at the least? Do we just bury out heads in the sand?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    1. Russia has been trying to influence the outcome of our elections since the mid-1940's.
    2. It used surreptitious means in the past, like recruiting journalists, unions, and other organizations.
    3. E-mail and hacking are just new ways to do what they've already done, and succeeded at in the past, but nobody complained -- except maybe Joe McCarthy.
    4. How would you ever measure the extent of its effect? Even a poll of all Americans, or re-running the eklection wouldn't answer that.

It's a distraction, a stunt. GET OVER IT.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Re: Russian hacking (question #1) and using that to influence the US elections (question #2) I wrote up the practical scenario for that here.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    1. Russia has been trying to influence the outcome of our elections since the mid-1940's.
    2. It used surreptitious means in the past, like recruiting journalists, unions, and other organizations.
    3. E-mail and hacking are just new ways to do what they've already done, and succeeded at in the past, but nobody complained -- except maybe Joe McCarthy.
    4. How would you ever measure the extent of its effect? Even a poll of all Americans, or re-running the eklection wouldn't answer that.

It's a distraction, a stunt. GET OVER IT.

Joe McCarthy was a totally un-American POS. He accused other Americans of crimes without any evidence . He destroyed peoples lives for his personal gain. He should have rotted in prison for the rest of his life.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I know the Russians forced me to vote for Trump

I was jealous that they had a real man who loves his country leading them , so yes they forced me to vote Trump

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I know the Russians forced me to vote for Trump

I was jealous that they had a real man who loves his country leading them , so yes they forced me to vote Trump

Putin called me too. I couldn't say no to an exKGB guy. That would have put my life in Jeopardy. :innocent0

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Gents please caution yourselves against believing media hype over a good story. The only evidence that has been released is that the DNC exposed data due to spear-phishing attacks and that the source of the attacks is consistent with attacks previously attributed to Russia.
    There is 0 evidence of a Hack in the actual vote. Most of the voting system is air-gapped anyway (not connected to the web) and therefore not accessible to a long range hacking attack.

The worst that happened is the public learned of some damaging DNC secrets that influenced their opinion. And attributing this to Russia - especially a state sponsored actor - is Theory at best.

anything more than that is unsupported by any facts that I have seen....I should not have to tell you DO NOT TRUST THE MEDIA!

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Nailed it to the headboard -

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-over-popular-vote-harping.html?refresh=true

Trump, though, said Wednesday he would have campaigned “differently” if the United States chose presidents based on the popular vote only.

He argued his rival “focused on the wrong states,” asserting that campaigning for electors is “much more difficult & sophisticated.” Further, he ripped pundits for glossing over his cash deficit compared with the Clinton juggernaut in the general election race.

That really should end the argument right there...but it won't, of course. :sad20:

Oh, and -

More electors defected from Hillary Clinton than from Trump in the end.

Hehe.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    That really should end the argument right there...but it won't, of course. :sad20:

Sadly you are most likely correct. Never Trumpers need to get over it.

We tried it the Obama way for 8 years and all that did was double the national debt and give us a do nothing Congress.

Discounting the loonie toons on each coast the rest of the country has decided it is time for another change of direction.

I wish someone could explain to me why so many think the wicked witch of NY should have been President.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Attachments

• 3qdfnr.jpg
      3qdfnr.jpg
      17.7 KB · Views: 111

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads