• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    If not for the Electoral College, a few cities (New York, Chicago, LA, and a couple others) would be able to decide the fate of the entire country. Geographic and cultural diversity must be represented...a straight Democratic popular vote does not do that for a country of this size.

I personally don't buy that Clinton "won the popular vote". She did not show me anything that suggested to me that she won anything "popular". That assertion assumes that illegal immigrants didn't vote. (let's not forget the Dems' tireless work to strike down voter ID laws 'because racism') It also assumes that the dead didn't vote, that people voted only once, and that there was no election fraud.

The fact that that Godless thug of a woman won ANY significant number of votes just goes to show how far our country has fallen asleep, and how far it has to go to wake up from this two-party purple-tie-wearing exercise in legerdemain.

Not only did she win the popular vote, she won by 2.8 million votes. I didn't know that was something that was in doubt?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Not only did she win the popular vote, she won by 2.8 million votes. I didn't know that was something that was in doubt?

There was a news story that ~3 million illegal immigrants voted for Clinton in California, and thus Trump won the popular vote.

It appears to have been fake.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016

But not all those votes count. She got more votes in Detroit than there are registered voters. I'm sure that small problem is not unique to Detroit.

Maybe it was those pesky Russians.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Yeah, I wish Trump had won the popular vote, just to make opponents STFU, but it doesn't really matter and I don't care about it that much.

What matters is the electoral vote. Both candidates knew that and they shaped their campaigns based on it, not on winning the popular vote. If Trump had wanted the popular vote, he would have spent time in Texas, Oklahoma and other sure-red states in get out the vote efforts. But that would have been dumb.

Instead, he worked on turning traditionally blue states and successfully did so, sometimes by slim margins, but enough to take their electors.

That's winning and until the Constitution is changed, that's all that matters.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Given that we have around 11 million illegals living in the US by the government's own numbers, coupled with the democratic penchant for election fraud which I'm sure was running stronger than ever this election, I have no problem questioning whether Clinton really won the popular vote. Can it be proven? Well of course not unless someone has the time, money, and access to investigate the individual legitimacy of each of 60 million or so votes. But I think it's certainly possible. We're only talking about a little over 2% of the total votes cast in the election.

ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    Yeah, I wish Trump had won the popular vote, just to make opponents STFU, but it doesn't really matter and I don't care about it that much.

What matters is the electoral vote. Both candidates knew that and they shaped their campaigns based on it, not on winning the popular vote. If Trump had wanted the popular vote, he would have spent time in Texas, Oklahoma and other sure-red states in get out the vote efforts. But that would have been dumb.

Instead, he worked on turning traditionally blue states and successfully did so, sometimes by slim margins, but enough to take their electors.

Very True. I'm sure it will be confirmed today when the electors cast their votes.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

He played the game the way it's written. If it were a popular vote the campaign strategy is completely different.

Its like complaining that your football team lost the game 30-20 even though they out gained the other team by 150yards....

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I saw an interesting post from a black Democrat, under an ABC News story.

She said, "Hillary lost because she went to white states to tell black people to vote for her."

I thought about that, and it is somewhat true. They really shielded her from having to deal with the BLM crowd ever again.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    MarketWatch agrees ...

and what a coincidence, those states are populated with the elitist leftists who think they are smarter than the rest of us.

Thank God for the genius of the Founding Fathers.

Opinion: Hillary Clinton supporters need to quit whining about the Electoral College
    James E. Campbell is a UB Distinguished Professor of Political Science at the University at Buffalo, SUNY, and is the author of “Polarized: Making Sense of a Divided America”

The Founding Fathers got it right, and California is proof

California single-handedly turns a Trump plurality in the popular vote into a Clinton plurality.

First, had the election been conducted with rules awarding the presidency to the popular-vote winner, the candidates and many voters quite probably would have acted very differently and the popular vote would not have been the same. Trump and Clinton would have campaigned in the “safe” states. Potential voters in those states would have felt more pressure to turn out and to vote for “the lesser of two evils” and not to waste their votes on third-party candidates. Some additional Clinton voters would probably have shown up, but gains on the Trump side would probably have been larger as more reluctant Republicans would have been pushed to return to the fold, particularly in big blue states like California, New York, and Illinois ... AND Maryland ...

And then there's this ... HOW MANY ILLEGALS VOTED IN THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION?

The problem is that at least 3 million illegals may have voted, and likely for Hillary. If they did, and the 3 million number is removed from the popular vote count, it would mean that Trump won the popular vote as well. Clinton was only ahead by 630,877 votes.

Mr. Phillips’claims his organization plans to join with Truethevote.org to sue in order to obtain voter information in the states that have high populations of illegals, such as California. He claims that their analysis has shown that a high percentage of voters in that state can’t be verified.

Truethevote.org is the group that the IRS targeted, and our own 'extinguished' Rep Elijah Cummings was called out for his harassment. Does anyone wonder about the games they are playing and WHY so much pushback ? Easy, they are about to lose everything they have foisted upon us for the past 2-3 decades.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I saw an interesting post from a black Democrat, under an ABC News story.

She said, "Hillary lost because she went to white states to tell black people to vote for her."

I thought about that, and it is somewhat true. They really shielded her from having to deal with the BLM crowd ever again.

They assumed the black vote would be automatic; while Trump actually made an appeal to black america to try something different.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    My black coworkers said they think Hillary is a liar. They either stayed home or held their noses and voted Trump.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    one of many sources...

http://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/BL-WB-66979?responsive=y from the link.......

"Mr. Trump won roughly 2,600 counties. Since 2012, the population in those counties has grown by more than 2.8 million people. But in this year’s election, they produced 3.5 million more votes than in 2012.

In other words: Mr. Trump’s counties grew, but his vote tallies grew even more.

Mrs. Clinton won about 490 counties. Since 2012, the population in those counties grew by more than 4.4 million people. Still, they produced only 3.4 million more votes than they did in 2012."

Trump won 32 states.

The election ended on Nov. 8. I understand why it takes a few days to count the votes, but it seems like there is no end to it. A few days after the election clinton was up by about 1M votes. Then a couple of weeks later she was up by 1.6M, then 1.8M, 2.0M and on and on. Monday was the deadline for all states to certify their final tally. At that time, clinton was up by about 2.4M. Should have been "end of counting". Then yesterday (7 days after the certified votes were submitted), clinton was up by 2.6M and today they are saying 2.9M and expected to reach 3M. What the hell is going on? Has Russia not submitted their certified votes yet? Do the illegal Mexicans not understand they were supposed to vote on Nov. 8? If this keeps up clinton will have over 450M total votes by July.

Has anyone else been paying attention to this shit?

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I just read that two EC voters refused to vote Trump. And FOUR refused Clinton!!!

Crooked Hillary's evil plans backfire again.

Just like the recounts! The deplorables! The prepared fireworks! The hubris!

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Trump won 32 states.

The election ended on Nov. 8. I understand why it takes a few days to count the votes, but it seems like there is no end to it. A few days after the election clinton was up by about 1M votes. Then a couple of weeks later she was up by 1.6M, then 1.8M, 2.0M and on and on. Monday was the deadline for all states to certify their final tally. At that time, clinton was up by about 2.4M. Should have been "end of counting". Then yesterday (7 days after the certified votes were submitted), clinton was up by 2.6M and today they are saying 2.9M and expected to reach 3M. What the hell is going on? Has Russia not submitted their certified votes yet? Do the illegal Mexicans not understand they were supposed to vote on Nov. 8? If this keeps up clinton will have over 450M total votes by July.

Has anyone else been paying attention to this shit?

It's only been 6 weeks. We'll hear this crap for the next 4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom