• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Please tell me this is a joke.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So the people that NEED these drugs for depression or anxiety now may not get them because they don't want to lose their 2A rights? What's more dangerous, people with depression/anxiety with guns that are TREATED or UNTREATED?

What a ridiculous concept. Yeah, let's create a database of these people. F*** you.
    Yep unbelievable

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Maybe I'm wrong, but Tennessee didn't vote for gun control in regular session, being a 2A friendly state, so I doubt they will for for any in this special session that the POS Gov called. The 3 dimtards can file all they want and beat their chest. It's all a show.

Now on the other hand, the violations of HIPAA and forcing registration of oneself due to their medical needs won't go well in court. The left has become full on mental themselves.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Maybe I'm wrong, but Tennessee didn't vote for gun control in regular session, being a 2A friendly state, so I doubt they will for for any in this special session that the POS Gov called. The 3 dimtards can file all they want and beat their chest. It's all a show.

Now on the other hand, the violations of HIPAA and forcing registration of oneself due to their medical needs won't go well in court. The left has become full on mental themselves.
    This is correct. Lee can suck a bag of dicks.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    So if you take any of these SSRI's you can't purchase a firearm until 6 months after the last dose? and you are in a stat registry listing the medications you are taking. Sounds like some BS!
    (1) Citalopram;
    (2) Fluvoxamine;
    (3) Paroxetine;
    (4) Fluoxetine;
    (5) Sertraline;
    (6) Venlafaxine;
    (7) Mirtazapine;
    (8) Nefazodone;
    (9) Bupropion; and
    (10) Escitalopram
    Boy, I am sure glad none of us here in this body take those meds. My friends say I have a lot of personality. I correct them and say, personalities. Because all work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Do I have to watch the whole video to get an update on what's happening in Tennessee? Or do I have to watch Part Two?

How about a little more than just "What a great video." Jeeze, not even an exclamation point!!

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Looks like Tennessee is off my move-to list. I thought they were still sane, there.
    Tennessee is one of the highest drug abuse states in CONUS. The anti 2A legislation tactics will persist.

Your better off standing your ground where you are. Never retreat.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Tennessee is one of the highest drug abuse states in CONUS. The anti 2A legislation tactics will persist.

Your better off standing your ground where you are. Never retreat.
    That's crazy talk, if the state you moved to to get away from oppressive gun laws passes oppressive gun laws, then you just move to another state.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Do I have to watch the whole video to get an update on what's happening in Tennessee? Or do I have to watch Part Two?

How about a little more than just "What a great video." Jeeze, not even an exclamation point!!
    Watch it on 1.5 speed. It is speaking to impending Red Flag laws in Tennessee but it is mostly great arguments against Red Flag laws in general.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    My point is you hit us with a Drive By Post, which is a Very Sloppy Thing to Do. Why not make some sort of quick comment, such as "It is speaking to impending Red Flag laws in Tennessee but it is mostly great arguments against Red Flag laws in general."?

Anyway, I did listen to it at normal speed while making my lunch. It is indeed a very good video, It briefly mentions that the special session is starting on August 21, in three weeks. Later, at 21:15, he says he has no idea or indication what the legislature will do.

Mainly, he gives a brief description of what Red Flag Laws are, and their history, before discussing at some length their dangers and other problems. One point he makes, that even their proponents admit they do not work, so that in many states which already have the laws, activists are pushing to expand them further and reduce the few legal protections which remain.

I hope he expands on that in Part Two, as well as another point he mentions too briefly: that proponents fall in two groups. The first group are the Idealistic True Believers, who really hope these laws will make the world better. The second group, of course, know full well that these laws will not save lives. Their motivation is their lust for Power, and to expand the Power of the State.

I would like to see that point shouted from the rooftops. Too many people, even on this forum, still think these gun control laws are intended to reduce crime. Gun control is purely about controlling people.

We are rapidly advancing toward Chinese style Totalitarianism right here in America, and around the world. This is the openly stated goal of many, many of our own leaders and elites.

Anyway, another good thing about the video: the speaker himself is very good, has a very clear, pleasant manner of speaking. That is no small thing.

Good video.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Watch it on 1.5 speed. It is speaking to impending Red Flag laws in Tennessee but it is mostly great arguments against Red Flag laws in general.

See , one paragraph , and we have a good understanding of the contents .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

What are the two states that have made the most Pro 2A changes ? Tenn and WV . Which states are #1 and more or less in 3 way tie for #2 in OD deaths ? WV and TN . ( And the other 2 tied for #2 are also pro 2A .)

At the risk of reverse cultural insensitivity , two seemingly opposite things are true :

States with rural , Hillbilly populations strongly favor Gun Rights .

Hillbillies who like to get wasted in more modern ways than moonshine , tend to be reckless with their Meth , Oxy , and " nerve pills " . In low population counties , a few deaths in numbers drive up percentages . And they don't have near instant ambulance response to save them from their ODs like urban ghettos do.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So if you take any of these SSRI's you can't purchase a firearm until 6 months after the last dose? and you are in a stat registry listing the medications you are taking. Sounds like some BS!
    (1) Citalopram;
    (2) Fluvoxamine;
    (3) Paroxetine;
    (4) Fluoxetine;
    (5) Sertraline;
    (6) Venlafaxine;
    (7) Mirtazapine;
    (8) Nefazodone;
    (9) Bupropion; and
    (10) Escitalopram
    This will be interesting....

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    It doesn't look like the governor has support:

"NASHVILLE — Two top Tennessee Republican House and Senate leaders said Gov. Bill Lee doesn't have support in the GOP-dominated General Assembly to pass his proposed "order of protection" bill to keep firearms from potentially dangerous people."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom