• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    If the school has a no knife policy, and you knowingly bring a knife in, you have violated the policy and there should be consequences. Now a debate on weather or not a pocket knife should be on a banned list, is another question all together. I believe, in this society today, it should be banned in a juvenile educational environment, because if we do not allow the children to bring them, then neither should the teacher. If it were just gardening tools, that would be ridiculous.

Wtf ...

Well you got me there. If the students can't drive to school neither should the teachers.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Who do I find it ironic that the Chicago public schools find instruments used by people who want to do work so objectionable.

He should have just shown the kids an Independence Card. They'd have probably made him Teacher of the Year.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If the school has a no knife policy, and you knowingly bring a knife in, you have violated the policy and there should be consequences. Now a debate on weather or not a pocket knife should be on a banned list, is another question all together. I believe, in this society today, it should be banned in a juvenile educational environment, because if we do not allow the children to bring them, then neither should the teacher. If it were just gardening tools, that would be ridiculous.

How about the serving knives that are in every single teacher workroom in every school in the country?

We have a set of steak knives and an 8" knife in our cabinet. Guess the whole department is getting flushed down the drain. :sad20:

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    So, I was stunned by this initially, too. But there's a link in the article to the actual lawsuit that he has filed, and in the part that sums up the circumstances, it makes it clear that one of the "tools" he displayed was a pocket knife, and he was suspended for the pocket knife, not the tools. I'm still no big fan of zero tolerance policies, but it would seem reality in this case is not quite as absurd as this article makes it sound.
    https://www.rutherford.org/files_images/general/04-22-2013_Bartlett-Complaint.pdf

The teacher was in control of the "tools". SO where is the cause for concern? Seems like you may be on the side of the "over cautious" public. I guess in high school you would advocate confiscating all of the girls finger nail files! The absurdity of this ******** astounds me. If everything that "could" be used as weapon were banned in school all of the kids would be naked, shoeless, fingernails removed, and teeth extracted. The bleeding heart liberals need to realize that the American public was a heck of lot better off before they started managing every aspect of our lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom