• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Mine all work perfectly. Are you using 20rd mags?

30. I shot mine again today with 4 different magazines, the one that comes with the rifle (30-round handicapped to 20), a standard steel mag, a modified PMAG and an unmodified PMAG, in that order.

Yesterday, two different unmodified PMAGs caused persistent feed problems. Today, everything seems fine with all four mags I used.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I took the Tavor out to Myrtle grove today and im a bit disappointed. It had several FTF issues with steelcased ammunition. I noticed that it was under gased with steel cased 223 ammunition. Used modified gen 2 pmags.

It also grouped horribly, 1.5" at 25 yards. I changed mags and it still choked. In contrast, i brought two custom built ARs, and STG556. One ofthe ARs choked with FTF, the other ran okay and the STG performed really well, then i had an FTE on my last mag of ammo. The steelcase had to be pushed out with a cleaning rod. Accuracy wise, the STG556 blew the Tavor out of the water.

I'm thinking that the ammo is really underpowered.

RRP II

Jan 5, 2011
    Maryland
    When to AGC with the new Travor and Eotech 517. Got it sighted in at 25 yd. using new PMags Gen 3, everything worked as advertised. Ran twenty rounds of Black Hill 223 at 75 gr. down the pipe without any issues and the mags dropped free without any modification.
    A fun weapon to shoot!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I took the Tavor out to Myrtle grove today and im a bit disappointed. It had several FTF issues with steelcased ammunition. I noticed that it was under gased with steel cased 223 ammunition. Used modified gen 2 pmags.

It also grouped horribly, 1.5" at 25 yards. I changed mags and it still choked. In contrast, i brought two custom built ARs, and STG556. One ofthe ARs choked with FTF, the other ran okay and the STG performed really well, then i had an FTE on my last mag of ammo. The steelcase had to be pushed out with a cleaning rod. Accuracy wise, the STG556 blew the Tavor out of the water.

I'm thinking that the ammo is really underpowered.

The Tavor I was shooting was running brass-cased, had no issues with those. 55gr FMJBT and 62gr greentips.

Accuracy wasn't quite up to AR standards, I think we all get a bit pampered with our AR's from time to time. But there was a few strings that showed promise, was making just 1 ragged hole in the target. So I think it has potential, it's just not quite the same as what we're used to.

Haven't run steel-cased yet, but IIRC, there was that luckygunner test that showed how the pressures varied from steel and brass ammo, so it just may not run the cheap stuff that well.

If you set one up for a lefty, I'll sneak some brass-cased out and see if it runs better on those SCAR. :)

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm not sure if I already posted this pic. This is my 100 yard target from the 4th of july weekend. Each square is 1 inch. I was using an Eotech 512 with no magnification. Ammo was new production M193 ball othwrwise known as military 55 grain FMJ.

Attachments

• 20130705_130433.jpg
      20130705_130433.jpg
      68.2 KB · Views: 505

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Put another 100 rounds through the Tavor this afternoon. No more malfunctions. The trigger also feels a bit better. I think that the problems i had with it earlier were bugs attributed to the break in process. this afternoon, it functioned 100%.

i also tooK off the eotech and magnifier. That set-up seemed to upset the balance of the rifle. I opted to use a Burris FF2 with a 2 moa dot / riser mount. I got about a 5" group at 100 using Tula steel cased ammo.

The tall heightover bore makes zeroing the rifle a bit more complex than an AR. Zeroing at 25 yards isnt really ideal for me, Im hitting about 12" high at 100 with a 25 yard zero. Im zeroing it again at 75 yards to minimize this offset. ( same crap happens with a PS90 and AR with carry handle mounted optics)

I tried the millet DMS1 on it as well, too heavy and it also messed with the balance of the gun. I need something short with low magnification. The Burris AR332 or Primary Arms 3x prismatic sight may be just what Im looking for.

I zeroed the irons at 75 yards as well. With the heavy trigger and simple rear peep sight. I was able to keep my shots within an 8" shoot n see target at 100. I forgot that MG closed at 5pm on Sundays. It also rained so, that cut trigger time a bit.

When the burris ar 332 comes in, i'll shoot for accuracy. Will update the tread as new informations beomes available.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I picked mine up a week ago but finally got to greasing it up, havent shot it yet.

All I can say is it is a pleasure to tear-down, insanely easy to maintain design. I love the way this thing handles.

I hope to have another one before the door closes, especially if I can find a FDE16 or BLK18

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Peer pressure ... haha

Its okay....There is no such thing as too much firepower

Yep..lol... actually told wife that... its like shoes.. can never have too many and each occasion require diff style. Haha

Question.. just saw in inter webs it puts dents on the brass.. have you noticed that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom