• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Derek1320

Nov 10, 2009
    I swore I would never buy another gun from Dick's Sporting Goods.

Still, I can't help but check their circulars on a weekly basis for whatever deals they're throwing out on guns. This week, they're running a sale on the XT-22 for $169.

I want a bolt action .22LR rifle and I had been eyeing the Savage MKIII GXP package that they offer from time to time (wood stock with scope package.) I like the idea of their Accutrigger, but I'd have to order one to get that option.

Last fall I discovered the Marlin XT-22, which is a synthetic stock (at this price point) bolt .22lr rifle with their adjustable trigger system. I've heard mixed reviews on the Remlin rifles when it comes to quality, but I like the idea of an adjustable trigger for less than $200. I'm also slowly getting over the idea of having a synthetic stock, since it's just a plinker/something to take to HAP baker and play around with at 50-100yds, I don't really care that it doesn't look like CZ 452.

Any of you guys have an XT-22 or know of someone who does? Am I going to regret buying a Remlin? Or am I WAAAY overthinking this? (which I do about everything.)

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I have one. It's a good value for the price.

Go forth and spend money. :D

Attachments

• DSC_0057 (800x536).jpg
      DSC_0057 (800x536).jpg
      83.5 KB · Views: 9,367
    Feb 6, 2012
    Almost bought one at a gun show. I think I've shot them before as well a long time ago; they're a blast to shoot and cheap. I love me a bolt action in any caliber.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I have the XT22 RO, only "complaint" I have is the "bore sighted" scope was dead on at 15 yards and it took me ten minutes to get it adjusted for 50 yards.

It's accurate, price was right, and ammo is cheap.

There I hope I talked you out of it.

chappy444

Feb 15, 2013
    i have had a marlin 22 of some variety most of my life...i prefer the 22WMR and i just bought a XT-22 mag (~$200 at walmart) took it out the other day. performed great right out of the box. the target on the left was at 100yds and the target on the right was at 50yds... both standing and both with the open sights that it comes with....
    xt22mag.jpg

Derek1320

Nov 10, 2009
    If I could "group" like that, the first time out, standing, through the stock irons- I'd be very happy.

Unfortunately, I went to Dick's shortly after posting this thread originally, waited 45 minutes, and was told that they had no XT-22s in stock. They didn't even offer me a rain check. I took it as a sign that I wasn't meant to give them my money (and that I should have stuck to my principles and not even considered another Dick's purchase.) I'm still in the market for one, but it looks like it will have to be a local gun shop order (which will probably cost me more money, but it will be money well spent.)

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    If I could "group" like that, the first time out, standing, through the stock irons- I'd be very happy.

Unfortunately, I went to Dick's shortly after posting this thread originally, waited 45 minutes, and was told that they had no XT-22s in stock. They didn't even offer me a rain check. I took it as a sign that I wasn't meant to give them my money (and that I should have stuck to my principles and not even considered another Dick's purchase.) I'm still in the market for one, but it looks like it will have to be a local gun shop order (which will probably cost me more money, but it will be money well spent.)

It took them 45min to turn around and look at a rack? Which one did you go to?

I bought my son a XT-22 for Christmas, we've had it out to the range and it is a tack-driver!
    (I've posted about it in other threads)
    From the bench, less than 1" at approx. 25 yds with factory sights, putting Tech Sights on it soon.
    http://www.tech-sights.com/

So, I can't talk you out of a XT-22; It is the most accurate of the 5* different .22 rifles I own.

* = Rem tube-fed, Two (2) Marlin 795ss, Marlin XT-22, and Glenfield (Marlin) 60.

Derek1320

Nov 10, 2009
    It took them 45min to turn around and look at a rack? Which one did you go to?

No, that wouldn't have been so bad. I went and they had one kid working the counter. He's with some people and he looks up and says "I'll be with you in a second." And I was like "No problem, but can you just let me know really fast if you've got the Marlin XT-22 in stock." He turns, looks up at the rack and says "Yes we do, give me a second."

So I'm scanning the rack, looking for the gun and I don't see it. By what do I know? I've never seen it in the flesh, so I figure, this guy works here and he knows his stuff. So I browse through the special order catalog, walk through the cleaning supplies aisle, molest the safes, and all the while the kid is helping some guy and his girlfriend try to put the barrel on their new Remington 870. After another 30 minutes or so, he finally gets them signed off on, and he approaches me. A quick check in the back and I hear "Oh, sorry, we don't have that in stock."

Instead of having a brain embolism like I wanted to, I just thanked him for trying and left. (I actually asked him a couple of quick questions about the rifle too, trying to salvage something from the trip, and he offered his opinions on it.) It was Dick's in Hunt Valley.

BDWMS

Feb 21, 2013
    Howard County
    Dick's in Waldorf had one or two last week. I think the price was $189.99. I ended up buying the last Marlin Model 60 instead, though.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I have xt-22 tr, tube fed model, and I absolutely love it. One hole at 25 yards, smooth bolt and so fun to shoot with tech sights.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Like it or hate the color, here is a Boyds apple stock for my XT22.

More accurate than my stock Marlin 795 and more accurate than my friends stock Ruger 10/22.

Attachments

• AppleStock1.JPG
      AppleStock1.JPG
      40.6 KB · Views: 4,817

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads