• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I just got done reading an article and it sounds like Obama and the Dems want to bring their gun control bill back to the table within the next year. They really want to get this mandatory background check bill passed and are looking to sweeten the pot a little in order to get the required votes.

One of the topics they are discussing in order to sweeten it up is the naturalization of concealed carry for gun owners.

What does this mean for Maryland if the Feds naturalize the right to carry? Does this mean MD can no longer enforce it's concealed carry laws the way they stand right now?

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ill-definitely-return-to-gun-reform-this-year

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    using the gun show loophole :sad20:

What will be taken from us for that nugget?

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    Never compromise with those gun grabbing idiots.... if you do you will lose.

missing-finger-kristen-baker.jpg

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    The way I look at it is we in MD don't have to worry about the so called gun show loophole anyhow. MD already requires background checks on all private sales of restricted firearms. If we could get concealed carry out of this, I think that would be a plus.

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    The way I look at it is we in MD don't have to worry about the so called gun show loophole anyhow. MD already requires background checks on all private sales of restricted firearms. If we could get concealed carry out of this, I think that would be a plus.

So you're going to trust them... and their bill? :sad20: Do it and your concealed carry might end up a flintlock pistol.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I wouldnt trust that bill or those asswipes at all. The background checks will go too in depth i guarentee it.

You blinked 1 eye before the other back in 1984, you cannot own a firearm.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Naturalized Conceal Carry except you have to register to do it. There is no way they will let anyone conceal carry unless they are vetted. Bait and switch Registration.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    ill believe it when i see it. National concealed carry got 58 votes, its certainly possible to peel 2 votes, but this seems more likeli after SCOTUS takes Moore or Wollard and reality is staring them in the face.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie

Why throw all 40 some other states under the bus just for the 8 or so that have strict carry laws? No way. No compromise.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    ....if only the federal govt had some kind of document that gave them guidance on the gun issues...that could sure make all this stuff about unarmed victims being attacked easy to solve...

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    So you're going to trust them... and their bill? :sad20: Do it and your concealed carry might end up a flintlock pistol.

I never said anything about trusting. At this point, there isn't even a bill to look at. I'm not a unreasonable person and I understand there is going to be laws regarding gun control coming through the pipe in the not so distant future. It's in our best interest to have these bills watered down and at the same time, have laws added that benefit those of us who choose to exercise our 2nd amendment rights.

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    I never said anything about trusting. At this point, there isn't even a bill to look at. I'm not a unreasonable person and I understand there is going to be laws regarding gun control coming through the pipe in the not so distant future. It's in our best interest to have these bills watered down and at the same time, have laws added that benefit those of us who choose to exercise our 2nd amendment rights.

Bad idea.... I'm just saying no compromise.... period. Demand them to preserve your right to bear arms! Stand your ground!

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    If they introduce another bill outlining back ground checks on private purchases, the realist in me thinks it will pass. Whether it's this year or next, I really do see a bill passing with such wording. They will probably sit down with the NRA and negotiate something they would be willing to back.

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    If they introduce another bill outlining back ground checks on private purchases, the realist in me thinks it will pass. Whether it's this year or next, I really do see a bill passing with such wording. They will probably sit down with the NRA and negotiate something they would be willing to back.

As far as I'm concerned any gun control aimed at the law abiding citizen is unconstitutional. You have two choices... bend over and take it or fight it. Start writing to them and tell them how you feel. Negotiating with tyrants.... is not the answer.... you will lose in the end because they will never stop until you are completely disarmed... that is their ultimate goal.

When you go to the range invite a friend who has never owned a firearm.... get others interested. Increasing are pool of enthusiasts will help us all in the fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom