• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dl_smith

Jan 14, 2019
    https://www.riverfronttimes.com/new...rs-release-statement-in-support-of-protesters

Watch the video on there. At the 7 second mark you can see the mob reek total havoc on that gate. They have a angle grinder there, and they’re just going to town. (They just walk through the open gate, and it’s clearly the front of the march)

Uh, not sure what video you're watching, but all I see are a bunch of thugs, er, I mean peaceful protestors, walking through an open, undamaged gate?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Yes, those words were spoken. But people seem obsessed with taking the conversation out of any kind of context. Who knows why.

If you're looking out your window, and some guy is standing in your front yard raving and waving a rifle around and threatening people, what happens? You call the cops, the cops make an arrest, take the gun away, and THEN the due process wheels of justice grind through the lengthy next several steps. Does anyone here think that a crazy guy threatening people with a gun should be left alone until after a thorough court proceeding, which could last literally years? No. We make judgement calls like that all the time, and disarming someone acting dangerously happens all the time and always has. Then you go down the road of charging, trying, or freeing, etc. Just as true with a kitchen knife as it is with a shotgun. Make the immediate situation safe, then get to the bottom of it.

The issue is whether or not Trump supports too low a bar for what "safe" is or when/how/whether to take guns away from people who aren't an immediate threat. You know how to read his mind on that topic? Take a look at all of the policies he's officially backed that would do that too easily. Why, there are ... none of them. Zero. The contrary - his administration has expressed real concerns that state-level red flag laws are too cavalier and likely unconstitutional. But sure, let's take that soundbite as the only measure of the matter.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    We all know that Trump is not exactly temperate with his musings...he's kinda like a pinball bouncing back and forth with many thoughts and statements and sometimes lets his mouth get ahead of his brain with the occasional quip...who among us hasn't done something similar? But we're not the POTUS and few give a tinker's damn what we say for the most part. While I approve of many of his Presidential decisions and policies I have to say I would like to see him be a bit more temperate with his pronouncements. The Left hates him enough and I see little reason for him to give them more ammunition against him...but he does seem to love trolling them.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    There are a a lot of comments out on here but I have a question for the police out here. If the St Louis Police Department felt bad about raiding them and taking away their guns, then why didn't they tell that a - - Clown DA to go pound sand.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I think this may be a blessing in diguise. Who better to execute a warrant (red flag warrant) on then a lawyer couple that did nothing wrong. Not only will they get a new vacation home courtosey of the MO tax payers, they might also have the red flag laws thrown out for being unconstitutional as they are.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I think this may be a blessing in diguise. Who better to execute a warrant (red flag warrant) on then a lawyer couple that did nothing wrong. Not only will they get a new vacation home courtosey of the MO tax payers, they might also have the red flag laws thrown out for being unconstitutional as they are.

Except: this wasn't done under the auspices of a "red flag" warrant.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    There are a a lot of comments out on here but I have a question for the police out here. If the St Louis Police Department felt bad about raiding them and taking away their guns, then why didn't they tell that a - - Clown DA to go pound sand.

Several reasons...they cannot refuse a lawful command by superiors...and a warrant signed by a judge is lawful by definition. An officer can decline at the threat of being charged with insubordination or possibly ask to not take part and maybe a superior would grant the request.

Basically...it was a lawful warrant once approved and signed by a judge or magistrate. Any further recourse is in the legal arena between the lawyers defending the couple and the DA. We'll see how much popcorn is needed for this one...a lot is riding for those on both sides...the anti-freedom prosecution by a politically motivated DA and those who believe in the right of reasonable self-defense of citizens under the circumstances.

Ilexopaca

Mar 4, 2012
    Needless to say, if there was a "mob" of "armed," "violent" protesters on the street in front of my home - supposedly with guns and Molotov cocktails, and I was in fear of my life, my first move would not be to stand out in the open (with my inept woman next to me), brandishing weapons, provoking - and more importantly - providing targets to them.

Keep in mind nobody's home or person was damaged in this gated community. Oh, except for the gate.

It's one thing if you aren't looking for a fight but it comes to you, unavoidably.

It's another thing entirely if you are looking for a fight.

This is fighting 101, whether it's with guns, bats, fists, or anything else.

There are lessons to be learned here and I guess we'll all have to take our own lesson from it.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Needless to say, if there was a "mob" of "armed," "violent" protesters on the street in front of my home - supposedly with guns and Molotov cocktails, and I was in fear of my life, my first move would not be to stand out in the open (with my inept woman next to me), brandishing weapons, provoking - and more importantly - providing targets to them.

Keep in mind nobody's home or person was damaged in this gated community. Oh, except for the gate.

It's one thing if you aren't looking for a fight but it comes to you, unavoidably.

It's another thing entirely if you are looking for a fight.

This is fighting 101, whether it's with guns, bats, fists, or anything else.

There are lessons to be learned here and I guess we'll all have to take our own lesson from it.

Im glad you are the Left hand of Allah... You can tell everyone else what to do.

These MOBS that racked up over a Billion in damages, 1,000s of thousands structures damaged. They have the power of intimidation. If you defend you lose either way.
    Now people are dying all over. Go ahead defend the MOB.

You are mentality weak, or part of it.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    While I agree with you. I would have stayed inside only because I know how MD would treat me if I did what he did.

I will state that his actions ended with them leaving and nobody dead. Had he let them burn the house or come inside, it might have ended differently. It's easy to judge him after the event. He was guilty of pointing a gun at someone who rioted and broke down his fence. What thought would he have that they would not do the same with the front door? Perhaps he thought it better that he let them know not to come in and do the same to the front door as they did to the metal gate. Because I'd imagine the second someone broke through the front door and entered, there would in fact be shots fired. Perhaps he thought that through and wanted to let them know it would be better to leave.

I have a final question. Can you answer:
    How many of the violent protesters who broke down his fence and threatened him have been charged and arrested?

Most states, even those with open and concealed carry, whether by permit or permit-less, have laws against brandishing loaded/working gun or not and on your property or not. IMO, this case will hinge on fear of eminent danger and life threatening fear the husband and wife and a good lawyer can articulate before or in court.

I agree with you and would of hopefully reacted as you indicated. Over the thirty years I have lived where I live in PG, I have ventured outside my house several times to confront intruders at night in my gated fenced back yard. I have always been armed with a pistol tucked in my waste band and not exposed. Lucky for me and them, each time the individual/s left in a hurry, the way they came and did not present a life threatening threat to me. The way I responded is not advise to anyone, just how I handled it. In all three incidents I had called 911 before venturing outside, but when minutes counted, (to prevent theft of property), PG responded more than 30 minutes later in all three incidents, in one case over an hour. (Kind of like when seconds count we are only minutes away).

After the last incident, I installed a motion activated lighting and camera security system and as a result haven't experienced another incident. Fingers crossed.

Ilexopaca

Mar 4, 2012
    Im glad you are the Left hand of Allah... You can tell everyone else what to do.

These MOBS that racked up over a Billion in damages, 1,000s of thousands structures damaged. They have the power of intimidation. If you defend you lose either way.
    Now people are dying all over. Go ahead defend the MOB.

You are mentality weak, or part of it.

Dude. Maybe adjust your meds?

My retired LE brother thinks all this shit is hilarious (it is) and my other brother, well... He's not here because he came across the wrong side of an ignorant cop once too often.

But even before, when I was released as a Ward of the State of New Jersey - I left the feelings that lack of agency, disenfranchisement, anger - and the violent acts they engender - behind me.

Don't get me wrong, I've had my fair share of wood-shampoos and trumped-up charges from ******* cops but I can also say that there are good cops out there that simply demand of you to man-up. It's not a bad lesson. And more often than not, back in the day, if you did, you would end-up walking away scot-free.

The good cops are also, unsurprisingly, the ones that can man-up themselves.

For example, when that cop is chasing you down a mother-f'king, confined path, say 80 yards long. With a 12ft chain link fence (topped with barbed wire) on your left and a fk'ing 20ft steep drop into a drainage ditch on your right. But, you've got this! You're 16yo and he's prob 34. And you are pulling away like a champ. Bang! WTF?

I concluded stopping dead in my tracks was the best option. I spun around, hands extended, sort of 4 and 8 to my sides, palms forward, fingers splayed. Slowly walked toward him trying to make out his likeness through the darkness. When I recognized this cop, stopping say 20ft away, I screamed: "(last name) what are you doing!?" I was scared. To which he replied (as he was fumbling to re-holster his weapon): "(First name) just get the **** out of here, forget this, just get the **** out of here!. Now!"

And that was that. With each of us jogging away from one another. He fk'd-up and he man'd-up. To this day I'm not sure but I figure his pistol became unholstered and it discharged upon hitting the ground. Or, for some strange reason, he was spooked and was handling his weapon. (It was very dark and we were both full-gate).

My point is that not all cops are good and not all "criminals" are bad. There are good criminals out there. No doubt, even some of you 80-percenters on this forum. And there are seriously good cops needless to say.

I have no problem with people who believe that police brutality does not exist. It's not my fight. I also don't have a problem with people who know that it does.

But this is a forum about shooting guns, and enthusiasm about shooting guns in Maryland. Which is an awesome fk'ing state.

But whenever this becomes a discussion about shooting people than I will speak up. I don't think it's a good idea and I don't lay in bed dreaming about shooting people.

If that sounds like cowardice to you than I fear for your well-being.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Dude. Maybe adjust your meds?

My retired LE brother thinks all this shit is hilarious (it is) and my other brother, well... He's not here because he came across the wrong side of an ignorant cop once too often.

But even before, when I was released as a Ward of the State of New Jersey - I left the feelings that lack of agency, disenfranchisement, anger - and the violent acts they engender - behind me.

Don't get me wrong, I've had my fair share of wood-shampoos and trumped-up charges from ******* cops but I can also say that there are good cops out there that simply demand of you to man-up. It's not a bad lesson. And more often than not, back in the day, if you did, you would end-up walking away scot-free.

The good cops are also, unsurprisingly, the ones that can man-up themselves.

For example, when that cop is chasing you down a mother-f'king, confined path, say 80 yards long. With a 12ft chain link fence (topped with barbed wire) on your left and a fk'ing 20ft steep drop into a drainage ditch on your right. But, you've got this! You're 16yo and he's prob 34. And you are pulling away like a champ. Bang! WTF?

I concluded stopping dead in my tracks was the best option. I spun around, hands extended, sort of 4 and 8 to my sides, palms forward, fingers splayed. Slowly walked toward him trying to make out his likeness through the darkness. When I recognized this cop, stopping say 20ft away, I screamed: "(last name) what are you doing!?" I was scared. To which he replied (as he was fumbling to re-holster his weapon): "(First name) just get the **** out of here, forget this, just get the **** out of here!. Now!"

And that was that. With each of us jogging away from one another. He fk'd-up and he man'd-up. To this day I'm not sure but I figure his pistol became unholstered and it discharged upon hitting the ground. Or, for some strange reason, he was spooked and was handling his weapon. (It was very dark and we were both full-gate).

My point is that not all cops are good and not all "criminals" are bad. There are good criminals out there. No doubt, even some of you 80-percenters on this forum. And there are seriously good cops needless to say.

I have no problem with people who believe that police brutality does not exist. It's not my fight. I also don't have a problem with people who know that it does.

But this is a forum about shooting guns, and enthusiasm about shooting guns in Maryland. Which is an awesome fk'ing state.

But whenever this becomes a discussion about shooting people than I will speak up. I don't think it's a good idea and I don't lay in bed dreaming about shooting people.

If that sounds like cowardice to you than I fear for your well-being.

Umm. Seems like a rant man. Sorry. Everyone has a perspective. Worst thing ever was a speeding ticket. :shrug:

You might check your meds. ;)

I have called Police. There is a delay.

DHHilliard

Jan 20, 2017
    I think the reference to 72 virgins is supposed to mean females, not guys confused about which bathroom to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom