• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    LoL so you bought a K can, didn't do your homework on what you were buying, and now you're blaming silencer central and stating they "refuse to make this right"... ROFL...
    I offered to send it back for their claimed $465 value against a real can (the $499 B-22) since this was my mistake. SC declined in spite their published return policy. This is what I meant by "doing the right thing" by honoring their published return policy. Draw your own conclusions.

Since you are so good at homework, I would be delighted if you could post a Banish "K" 22 specification link for forum members considering this can. It is 3.25" long and does not suppress sound very much. Thanks in advance.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    So I looked at the website. It clearly says Banish 22k v2 is the give away.
    BOGO is back! Silencer Central is offering a limited release of the new and improved BANISH® 22K-V2,
    If you do a search for banish 22k v2, you come up with a video comparing the full size to the K.

Other than that
    video, I didn't find much. But hey, it was free. How do you like the 46? What host are you using it on?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    The only can that SC shows is their Banish 22 on their site as of today and last year. There is also no online manual or spec for this can that I can find. Shame on me for not knowing that K means compact. My post was meant as a PSA. Draw your own conclusions.
    To be fair, can understand your point of biew. They don't have a K anywhere on their website. That one video comparison linked above is the only info I can find on it too. It does seem a bit disingenuous. If you weren't used to suppressor naming conventions I can how that could be misunderstood/overlooked. Can you even buy their K outside of their BOGO deal?

Did you complete the transfer on it yet and take posession? If not, you could have sold it to someone else as it would have still been on a form 3.

I'm starting to like K cans. Don't need super quiet all the time and they help take the edge off supersonic ammo which is never going to suppress perfectly anyway. I just bought a used/demo Q erector 22 for the sole intention of running it in a very short config on the Buckmark full time.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    So I looked at the website. It clearly says Banish 22k v2 is the give away.
    BOGO is back! Silencer Central is offering a limited release of the new and improved BANISH® 22K-V2,
    If you do a search for banish 22k v2, you come up with a video comparing the full size to the K.

Other than that
    video, I didn't find much. But hey, it was free. How do you like the 46? What host are you using it on?

Except for the $200 tax stamp it was free... 22 Plinkster is a great trusted source for this sort of info. I have the version 1 mono core that predates this video that did not exists last year, so at the time, my "homework" regrettably did not include his observations or I would have gone a different direction and bought a real 22 suppressor. You can clearly hear the difference between the 2 at 3:22 in sound reduction which is considerable hence my desire to trade it in for a real can.

The B-46 uses the same baffle system as the new 22 K ver 2 and works as expected. Both are titanium and are of high quality.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    To be fair, can understand your point of biew. They don't have a K anywhere on their website. That one video comparison linked above is the only info I can find on it too. It does seem a bit disingenuous. If you weren't used to suppressor naming conventions I can how that could be misunderstood/overlooked. Can you even buy their K outside of their BOGO deal?

Did you complete the transfer on it yet and take posession? If not, you could have sold it to someone else as it would have still been on a form 3.

I'm starting to like K cans. Don't need super quiet all the time and they help take the edge off supersonic ammo which is never going to suppress perfectly anyway. I just bought a used/demo Q erector 22 for the sole intention of running it in a very short config on the Buckmark full time.
    1. I do not believe you can buy this "$465 value" BOGO suppressor since SC won't even have the decency to advertise it on their site. If they had, I would have offered to send the the additional price difference of $30 to get the can I mistakenly thought I was buying "free" in the first place. Now I get to wait 11 more months and have to fork over for another $200 tax stamp for a non-SC can which is too bad since Banish makes a great titanium can.

2. Yes, but it took a while to find this toy can that is smaller than a typical flash hider. Being made of titanium, you don't even know it is there.

3. PM me if you want to trade a B-22 or similar for the K assuming you know how to transfer this thing legally?

Once again, I hope at least one newbie can buyer can benefit from my embarrassing mistake.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I'll explain transfers since this is a newb thread. It is confusing at first...
    You got the BOGO deal. It transferred tax free to your dealer on a form 3.

1) At this point, if you saw it and were not happy (and manuf wouldn't take it back) you have the option to resell it. Lets assigna sale value of $250 for sake of argument. This goes two ways:
    A) You could sell it in state. Just offer to sell here on MDS. Lets say you asked $250. Buyer would pay you $250, and they would go to your FFL and fill out the form 4 paperwork instead of you. The new buyer would pay the $200 stamp. You profit $250.
    B) out of state sale. Since its on a Form 3 you could have afvertised for sale somewhere like reddit/arfcom/etc. New buyer pays you $250, tells your FFL who there FFL is, and your FFL does a form 3 transfer to their FFL. Their FFL takes care of everything from then on and the new buyer pays the $200 stamp.

2) You had decided to keep it (or discovered the problem while in transfer), you had already appled for the form 4 ans paid the $200 stamp. You can ask the ATF to cancel that and get a refund BEFORE its approved. You can then go back to option 1 and resell the can.

3) You already took possession of the K and paid your $200 then changed your mind. THe $200 is gone and you can't get a refund. You can still choose to sell it:
    A) instate. Buyer pays you $250, they apply for the form 4 and pay $200 for (another) stamp. All in you only net $50 profit since you paid the orig $200 stamp.
    B) out of state. You have to pay ANOTHER $200 to get it back into your dealers hands so they can form 3 it to another dealer. Then you proceed back to case #1. This is stupid because you'd be out $400 for a $250 sale. $150 loss. This is why no one sells used suppressors out of state.

All this neglects additional fees dealers will charge if they have to do additional work/transfers.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    I'll explain transfers since this is a newb thread. It is confusing at first...
    You got the BOGO deal. It transferred tax free to your dealer on a form 3.

1) At this point, if you saw it and were not happy (and manuf wouldn't take it back) you have the option to resell it. Lets assigna sale value of $250 for sake of argument. This goes two ways:
    A) You could sell it in state. Just offer to sell here on MDS. Lets say you asked $250. Buyer would pay you $250, and they would go to your FFL and fill out the form 4 paperwork instead of you. The new buyer would pay the $200 stamp. You profit $250.
    B) out of state sale. Since its on a Form 3 you could have afvertised for sale somewhere like reddit/arfcom/etc. New buyer pays you $250, tells your FFL who there FFL is, and your FFL does a form 3 transfer to their FFL. Their FFL takes care of everything from then on and the new buyer pays the $200 stamp.

2) You had decided to keep it (or discovered the problem while in transfer), you had already appled for the form 4 ans paid the $200 stamp. You can ask the ATF to cancel that and get a refund BEFORE its approved. You can then go back to option 1 and resell the can.

3) You already took possession of the K and paid your $200 then changed your mind. THe $200 is gone and you can't get a refund. You can still choose to sell it:
    A) instate. Buyer pays you $250, they apply for the form 4 and pay $200 for (another) stamp. All in you only net $50 profit since you paid the orig $200 stamp.
    B) out of state. You have to pay ANOTHER $200 to get it back into your dealers hands so they can form 3 it to another dealer. Then you proceed back to case #1. This is stupid because you'd be out $400 for a $250 sale. $150 loss. This is why no one sells used suppressors out of state.

All this neglects additional fees dealers will charge if they have to do additional work/transfers.
    Thanks for the detailed explanation. Bottom line, unless an instate swap can be arranged, it makes no sense to sell it

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    The Banish 22, Rugged Oculus, and the Rugged Mustang all seem to be pretty much identical except the build materials used (Ti, SS, mostly Al) respetively. Since everyone does not seem to like Al due to cleaning issues and Silencer Central is dead to me, do you all like the Oculus except for the extra 2oz?

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    Omega 36M will get you up to 9mm
    I just got mine...in the works is .308 and 9mm
    Waiting to SBR a lower for .300BLK
    Need to get to the gunsmith to swap the flash suppressor on my 5.56

Can't wait

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The Banish 22, Rugged Oculus, and the Rugged Mustang all seem to be pretty much identical except the build materials used (Ti, SS, mostly Al) respetively. Since everyone does not seem to like Al due to cleaning issues and Silencer Central is dead to me, do you all like the Oculus except for the extra 2oz?
    I like mine. It's in the top 3 of the 7 or 8 I have shot.
    I don't worry about the weight everyone yells about. It never bothers me on any handgun with any can.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    I like mine. It's in the top 3 of the 7 or 8 I have shot.
    I don't worry about the weight everyone yells about. It never bothers me on any handgun with any can.
    Thanks for the feedback. It also seems like they are pretty bullet proof according to JohnFM. ;-)

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I will probably be buying Oculus myself. I have an aluminum CGS Hydra that works well as a pistol can.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    I will probably be buying Oculus myself. I have an aluminum CGS Hydra that works well as a pistol can.
    SC apologized so since they have all my paperwork, prints, trust stuff, I caved and went w/ the B-22 that I thought I was getting in the first place. The Oculus through them had a $12 delta so I went w/ the lighter B-22 Ti can. If I did not already have a B-22 "K", I would have gone with the Oculus in a heartbeat.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Have an Oculus, probably the most versatile and user friendly 22 can around. I like to use the short config on rifles, it can sound pretty good on a 16" barrel. The long config sounds great on everything, but at 6.9oz it's kinda heavy on small pistols. My 22/45 Lite balances very well with it, and it's fine for targets, but for fast plate racks with something lighter like my P322, the weight is noticeable. Usually takes aluminum baffles to get an appreciable weight loss compared to steel baffles, but you are limited in cleaning methods with probably the dirtiest caliber there is. The Silencer central banish being all titanium is the best of both worlds, IMO. I know Rugged has mentioned an Oculus/Mustang hybrid in the works that is essentially a mustang with steel Oculus baffles coming in at 4.9oz vs 3.3 on the aluminum/Ti mustang and 6.9 in the all steel Oculus. Have shot the banish 22, but don't own one, it was louder on a pistol than my DA Mask and Oculus(same on a rifle), but I do like the build better being all Titanium instead of Aluminum, and 4.4oz. If it was modular for length like the Oculus, I would have bought it instead. I prefer to use my local dealer, they already have all my stuff, and know me, so I can call and they order whatever I want, then I handle the Form 4, and they let me know when I can pick it up, I'm not as knowledgeable or comfortable with Silencer central's setup where everything is online or mailing stuff.

Last edited:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    SC apologized so since they have all my paperwork, prints, trust stuff, I caved and went w/ the B-22 that I thought I was getting in the first place. The Oculus through them had a $12 delta so I went w/ the lighter B-22 Ti can. If I did not already have a B-22 "K", I would have gone with the Oculus in a heartbeat.
    Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom