• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Well I got the barrel switched out last night and the new stock on. Took a bit to line it up right and had to run a mag through it to get it to run right. Ran two full 10 rnd mags through it after that with no issues using CCI 22LR Standard Velocity.

stock_on.jpg

Next is the Bi-Pod and rail for the scope.

Dave

Looks nice....wonder if it will cycle with subsonics?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    cycling subsonic in .22 auto

Looks nice....wonder if it will cycle with subsonics?

dunno about his but mine doesn't with cb shorts..

Good question. Will be testing several types of ammo I have laying around. Will add any subsonic I have and post results here.

Dave

Just like picking which ammo has the best accuracy in any particular gun, you have to try them. My brother's 10/22's and my Marlin 60's are all over the place on which subsonic they will cycle and which ones they won't. My old Remington Nylon 66 cycles every .22lr I've ever tried in it except Remington "Quiet". I've bought a spare Marlin60 spring to make a light spring that might cycle a few rounds of Quiet before it hangs up. Shooting Quiet out of my big bad .22 bolt gun is quieter than my Crosman pellet gun. Not even Pfffftt ... just ffffft

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    My breakin and initial shooting was with CCI Standard velocity. They were as quiet as my sons Red Ryder Daisy BB Gun (no compass in the stock). I was told that this barrel will suppress even the high velocity bulk pack stuff from Walmart. We shall see. Once I have a list of all the various types of ammo I have to test with I will list it all out and with any luck I will test them this weekend. Stay tuned folks.

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK so here are the various types of ammo I will test out with this 10/22 build:

Remington 22 Thunderbolt
    Remington 22 Golden Bullet High Velocity
    CCI Subsonic
    CCI Standard Velocity
    Federal Bulk Pack 36Grn HP
    Aguila 10Grn High Velocity

Will let you know how all this feeds.

Dave

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I've been looking at those Thompson Machine barrels since my first suppressor purchase.

They're so tempting... Especially now that I have a lot more threaded 22lr rifles and pistols.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I'm getting a drop of 5 to 7 inches at only 7 yds when I use my Sparrow. Using CCI standard velocity. Does not seem right to me. Any thoughts or should I contact Silencerco? This is on SR22, MkIII 22/45. and 10/22. All factory barrels.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I'm getting a drop of 5 to 7 inches at only 7 yds when I use my Sparrow. Using CCI standard velocity. Does not seem right to me. Any thoughts or should I contact Silencerco? This is on SR22, MkIII 22/45. and 10/22. All factory barrels.

Clean everything first. I mean everything...

Where are you located?

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD

Is your 22Sparrow and Mod1(Aluminum and 7") or Mod2(Stainless and 6")?

I had issues with mine when it was in a Mod1 configuration. Sent it back for an upgrade. Works MUCH better.

Dave

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Nice but two questions anyone know of a local shop that will remove the front sight, move and thread the barrel? This would be worth the $$ to me.

have been thinking of doing this, maybe with an Tactical Innovations Reciver anyone ever play with this?

http://www.agparms.com/agp-take-down-kit-many-options/

I have been seriously thinking of getting the new ruger american 22lr bolt gun and threading that.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well after the stock swapout and the install of the suppressed barrel the new rifle has almost NO weight to it. I add a 6-9" harris bi-pod. Will put my scale to it and see what we come up with. Could not install optics yet as I need to install the rail for it. Unfortunately I dont have a small enough screwdriver on hand (mine seems to have walked off). Will stop by hardware store this weekend and get another set. Will post pics as soon as I can.

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well I weighed the rifle last night. Without the bi-pod it weighed in at 4.8lbs. Very light. With the bi-pod it weighed in at 5.5lbs. I was surprised that the rifle felt heavy with the bi-pod on. Will get the scope on next and take a couple of snapshots.

Dave

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    IIRC, The Thompson Machine barrel is 17" and the HTA bullpup kit requires an 18" barrel, or it's shorter than 26" OAL.

You are correct sir. I was just curious if anyone knew of a butt pad for the kit or maybe if Thompson Machine could make the baffle end cap on the end of the barrel any longer. :thumbsup:

I suppose this may be a question for either HTA or Thompson or both.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    You are correct sir. I was just curious if anyone knew of a butt pad for the kit or maybe if Thompson Machine could make the baffle end cap on the end of the barrel any longer. :thumbsup:

I suppose this may be a question for either HTA or Thompson or both.

One could add 1" of something to the buttstock permanently with screws. That's what I'd do.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    One could add 1" of something to the buttstock permanently with screws. That's what I'd do.

Probably what I'll end up doing. Sorry for hijacking the thread ar15dave. The rifle looks great and thank you for introducing me to the Thompsom barrel! I blame you for quite possibly pulling me into the NFA world. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom