• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Super Secret Silent 10/22 Build....

Here is my current project. I am working on a suppressed 10/22. Below is a pic with a list of all the parts. Finally got the paperwork back for the Integral Suppressed barrel from Thompson machine.

10_22 build.jpg

Will be putting this together this weekend I hope and testing it in the back yard. Should be real quiet.

Dave

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    Hello Dave.

What is the process for getting a suppressed Barrel ? And what sort of cost did you find? Thank you for any help. I look forward to seeing how your build turns out.
    I am putting together my first 10/22 project but am thinking that a suppressed barrel would be cool. I am still waiting on my Shaw 18 inch Target .920 Barrel to arrive from Sportsman guide . I am putting it on the Archangel Deluxe Target stock and a bi-pod .
    Not right-away but Next will be a new trigger group. Maybe from Volquartsen.
    I have been thinking about just playing with the stock trigger to see what I can do but I don't want to screw it up.
    Are you going to do anything with the trigger ?

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    You would need to go through a Class 3 NFA dealer to get the barrel. It requires a $200 tax stamp (one time fee) and the barrel can cost around $600. Hoping it is really quiet. Will see once I get it done. Will post pics and sound reports once I get it all together.

Dave

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    You would need to go through a Class 3 NFA dealer to get the barrel. It requires a $200 tax stamp (one time fee) and the barrel can cost around $600. Hoping it is really quiet. Will see once I get it done. Will post pics and sound reports once I get it all together.

Dave

Dave, on this and another thread (about the MP5), your pictures do not post - at least on my system (running crappy IE at work). Just an FYI, and I have no clue whether others experience the same issue....

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    I can see the pictures. And as far as the cost of suppressing I might not ever do that , I would love to shoot someone else s LOL.:innocent0

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    If you want a SUPERDUPER Secret Silent 10/22 you should add that integral barrel to a PWS T3 Summit rifle. That would be badass! Granted youd have a biathlon style action in place of the semiauto action. But it would be sweet!

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I can see the pictures. And as far as the cost of suppressing I might not ever do that , I would love to shoot someone else s LOL.:innocent0

Will see what we can arrange after the build. Got plenty of 22 ammo.

If you want a SUPERDUPER Secret Silent 10/22 you should add that integral barrel to a PWS T3 Summit rifle. That would be badass! Granted youd have a biathlon style action in place of the semiauto action. But it would be sweet!

Oh sure, one up me... :D I was thinking of another platform but settled on this. The barrel is .920 made specifically for the 10/22. Cool thing is when I am done I can shoot in my back yard and neighbors (or wife) would never know.

Dave

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Will see what we can arrange after the build. Got plenty of 22 ammo.

Oh sure, one up me... :D I was thinking of another platform but settled on this. The barrel is .920 made specifically for the 10/22. Cool thing is when I am done I can shoot in my back yard and neighbors (or wife) would never know.

Dave

Wait till you squirrel hunt with it....weirdest thing ever, you hear the impact! LOL.

I purchased a bolt gun, only for the reduced sound...and what a blast!!

By far, favorite gun to shoot.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    my suppressed 10/22 is a little louder than I like...I use cb shorts and its quiet. Best kills is 5 squirrels in 10 minutes..lol My pistol 22/45 is quiet even with full long rifle .22's same guy made both but dunno why one is louder than the other..

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010

Dave

The PWS T3 Summit is built off the 10/22. The only difference is that the action is reworked. It still fits all 10/22 parts, inlcuding your barrel. :D

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    That is a very nice offer Dave. Maybe if we ever have a shoot at Delmarva near salisbury again.
    I guess that a suppressor that screws on would be less. I will look around on sites. But for now I will be happy with a good shooter.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    The PWS T3 Summit is built off the 10/22. The only difference is that the action is reworked. It still fits all 10/22 parts, inlcuding your barrel. :D

You dont say? Well, well, well....looks like my son may have to wait a bit longer to go to college. Will have to see what a PWS T3 Summit runs these days and see if I can get one.

Thinking of sending my 10/22 TD down to Thompson machine to convert to suppressed. If I do i would want to switch my other barrel to another platform. Variety you understand :D

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    That is a very nice offer Dave. Maybe if we ever have a shoot at Delmarva near salisbury again.
    I guess that a suppressor that screws on would be less. I will look around on sites. But for now I will be happy with a good shooter.

If you are getting the archangel stock, volquartsen trigger and numerous other accessories then you aren't scared to spend money on the 22. forgo the trigger and the stock and put it toward the barrel. You can get a threaded suppressor for around 350 + 200NFA. This requires a threaded barrel which can cost upwards of 200, or threading your existing barrel for a 100 or so.

If you buy a suppressor you will not regret it.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I have a sig 522 I run a gem tech on its pretty quiet. I just bought a ruger 77/22 to run suppressed its going to Lord Chad this weekend to get threaded.

I have a friend who has a 77/22 with a can and it is super quiet! The tree rats do not stand a chance!

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    You dont say? Well, well, well....looks like my son may have to wait a bit longer to go to college. Will have to see what a PWS T3 Summit runs these days and see if I can get one.

Thinking of sending my 10/22 TD down to Thompson machine to convert to suppressed. If I do i would want to switch my other barrel to another platform. Variety you understand :D

You could just buy the PWS T3 action. You already have all the other parts. :innocent0

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=266&idcategory=26#details

Hopefully your son already knows how to read, that should be good enough, lol. :lol2:

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well I got the barrel switched out last night and the new stock on. Took a bit to line it up right and had to run a mag through it to get it to run right. Ran two full 10 rnd mags through it after that with no issues using CCI 22LR Standard Velocity.

stock_on.jpg

Next is the Bi-Pod and rail for the scope.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom