• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I hope you at least took the suppressor off first...

I'll just make buy another one.

(to any and all law enforcement agents, federal or otherwise, along with anyone else who has a piss poor sense of humor....that is a joke, BSing, jocularity, mirth and perhaps just a little sarcasm to boot)

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    It's usually caused by the owner throwing it across the room after spending 30 minutes trying to get the damned things back together.
    .:D

Sgt Preston here...

Here is a video of how to disassemble & reassemble your Ruger Mark 2 pistols...

This guy has done a very good job of simplifying the process...

Save this video & view it the next time you clean your Mark 2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5eylgiNcI

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Instead of crying about how hard they are to put back together FIX IT!

[YT]vDcwDg2aTs8#at=29[/YT]

I have these kits in my Ruger MKI, MKII, MKIII and have ordered one for my new MKIII 22/45 Lite.

As for the OP's problem. It may be an ammo issue or your barrel could have a buldge/burr causing the leading.

Try changing ammo first. I refuse to use Thunder Bolt

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Sgt Preston here...

Here is a video of how to disassemble & reassemble your Ruger Mark 2 pistols...

This guy has done a very good job of simplifying the process...

Save this video & view it the next time you clean your Mark 2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5eylgiNcI

Instead of crying about how hard they are to put back together FIX IT!

[YT]vDcwDg2aTs8#at=29[/YT]

I have these kits in my Ruger MKI, MKII, MKIII and have ordered one for my new MKIII 22/45 Lite.

As for the OP's problem. It may be an ammo issue or your barrel could have a buldge/burr causing the leading.

Try changing ammo first. I refuse to use Thunder Bolt

Mine's actually loosened up enough that it's not too bad to get together these days. I'll still probably end up selling because I find myself using a different .22 almost exclusively anymore.

Dec 6, 2011
    It's the Thunderbolts. I fired a couple of boxes earlier this year and the lead was so soft that it skipped across the lands and fouled my barrel into a smooth bore. When accuracy drops off in a Anschutz, you know something is wrong.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    I always had very poor accuracy with Remington thunderbolts. Remington standard velocity is very accurate, but you usually get about 3 to 5 rounds that don't go off every hundred rounds.

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    I put an earplug down the end of the barrel and let it soak in hoppes copper solvent overnight. I ran a few swabs down the barrel and made no progress. I used a .22 cal brush until it was ruined, then ran a 30 cal brush through until that was also ruined. The brushes worked but it took a lot more work than it should have.

The barrel looks perfect and smooth now, so im still at a loss for why lead was accumulating in the middle as opposed to evenly throughout the barrel. I'll probably get rid of the rest of my thunderbolt ammo and find something cleaner. Any recommendations?

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    I mostly use CCI and Aguila, but probably everything other than Remington will serve you well. Fortunately Rugers like just about everything.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I contacted Remington this morning concerning the issue of lead in the barrel. The reply was not what I was expecting.

Thank you for contacting Remington! It is necessary to clean your firearm fairly frequently if you are putting a lot of rounds the gun. This is not unusual.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Thank you for contacting Remington! It is necessary to clean your firearm fairly frequently if you are putting a lot of rounds the gun. This is not unusual.

Double speak for Remington telling you that the ammo in question is junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom