• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Kinda like those three magazines I ordered from GLOCK for $500... opened the box and found a pistol inside *wierd*

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Observations:

- When Robertson's tells you these are filled with cosmo, believe it. This thing is LITERALLY 5 pounds lighter.
    - Got here via USPS...they just threw some newspaper in the box it came in (still had the CAI sticker on it) and threw a label on it.
    - Factory 26 1959 Chinese SKS
    - Nearly all numbers match: receiver, bolt, mag, stock...receiver cover is the odd man out. Meh.
    -- Strangely, the gas tube rod has an electropenciled (non-matching) number on it.
    - Stock is beat to &^%$. Used the towel/hair dryer method to get the stockmoline out. Got most of it--for now. Gave it a onceover with some 000 steel wool to take the edge/splinters off the bigger gouges. It should look decent after a bit of tru.

Pics soon...

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    It sounds like Robertson's has bought up the bottom of the barrel and is piecing together the best ones with parts from the worst. I've watched them sell batches of other firearms, and that's what they seem to do pretty regularly. Nothing wrong with that, though. You usually get a decent firearm at a reasonable price when everyone else is out of the same item. The down side is that you aren't likely to get the cream of the collectible crop, but if you are looking for a good shooter, that's not a bad way to go. I've bought from them before and got just what I paid for. They're really good people to deal with, too.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Ahh yes... It took me almost 2 weeks to remove that wood and metal thingy stuck to my cosmo shipment from Robertson. The best part was when I ran a cleaning patch down the gas tube and it looked like a grease gun squirting out the cosmoline.

I am thankful that the bayonet has been dulled. I'd be a couple fingers lighter if it wasn't. ;)

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    The best part was when I ran a cleaning patch down the gas tube and it looked like a grease gun squirting out the cosmoline.

Ironically, I threw about a liter of bore cleaner and Hoppes down the barrel, thinking--having just cleaned 900lbs of gunk out of everthing else--that it would be SOOOO needed. Threw a brush down the barrel, followed by patch: ohgodwhatisthisthing.jpg. Threw another patch down there: whyisthispatchclean.jpg.

Seriously.

Four patches and barrel was cleaner than my somethingthat'sreallyclean.

Random.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Remember to use a punch to disassemble the firing pin from the bolt. That puppy should be free moving when you shake it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom