Story about bad Bass Pro gun buying policies.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I live near NAS Pax River. The Dick's Sporting Goods store here is the only one in the Sales District to still have a gun counter and ammo. I worked for them in Illinois from 96 - 05, was The Gun Guy and had a lot of repeat business. Dick Stack's son Ed is the one who led them away from the anglers, hunters and campers that built the business.

Fortunately, there are a couple of local shops who have knowledgeable staff.
    Dick's Sporting Goods in Gaithersburg got rid of its whole firearm section. Most of the gun owners that I know have been boycotting that place because of its anti-Second Amendment stance even before that and most of us are not just firearm enthusiasts but also camp, fish, and do water sports. I am guessing that they believe that the Sports Authority business model will work this time.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    From the article:

Also, the Biden-Harris administration has declared war on gun dealers.

And years prior to that, Marxists (and generally aimless pos’s) declared war on America … I STILL contend that, had every NFL stadium and TV channel been empty the week after the human match (sh*t) stick had refused to stand for our National Anthem this entire war on America - smoldering since Obummer’s martyred a felon pos in MO - would have been snuffed OUT!!!!!!

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    From the article:

Also, the Biden-Harris administration has declared war on gun dealers.

And years prior to that, Marxists (and generally aimless pos’s) declared war on America … I STILL contend that, had every NFL stadium and TV channel been empty the week after the human match (sh*t) stick had refused to stand for our National Anthem this entire war on America - smoldering since Obummer’s martyred a felon pos in MO - would have been snuffed OUT!!!!!!
    Free circuses do wonders to placate the rowdy public. Throw in some free bread and spinkle with MSM distraction stories and voila! Pols can get away with pretty much anything.

The public will not give up the free circuses until they're throughly fleeced and starving in the streets.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I drove an hour and a half to one of their stores that had a scope in stock I wanted. The ******* behind the counter told me I had to take a number and wait like everyone else who wanted to fondle or purchase a gun. I walked out and bought elsewhere, never to return.
    This reminds me of a situation I deemed worthy of my boycott of a particular A&P supermarket at the age of 14 or so.
    My parents dropped me off at that location to meet up with a friend who had not arrived yet. Obviously I could not drive to go elsewhere, so I went into the store to ask about using their bathroom. I was told they don't have one. Since I was sure I had been lied to, I never set foot in there again.

As for the Bass Pro at Arundel Mills. My fiancee and I used to go to AM to eat or go see a movie and sometimes go into BP for me to look for hunting stuff.

Over the past 6-8 years I have only been in BP once last year to buy some ammo a day or so before Blaster and MRH and I were going to do some pistol practice. I was never treated rudely in there or anything, and yet I just have chosen to not go, due to news of crimes committed in and around the mall, plus the darn prices of the ammo was insane. I could not believe that one box of 38 SPL was $27-$35+. Heck, I used to get Federal American Eagle 44 Mag Hollow Point ammo for roughly $19.99-$21.99 at Duffy's, and 30-06 for roughly $10- $13 depending on if I got Remington Core Lokt, Winchesters or the Hornady. Heck, when a box of 5 sabot slugs started to cost $15, I even stopped shooting my slug gun until I was in the field to take down a deer.

I do think I can count on one hand how many times I have gone shooting in the past 15 years. With ammo shortages, component shortages and high prices if one can find things, the left has definitely curbed the firearms usage of more than one citizen like me who is not filthy rich and can absorb price increases on everything and still blow through $100 bills of ammo like it was eating a Mcdonalds Happy Meal in 1990s and early 2000's and having change left over.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    This reminds me of a situation I deemed worthy of my boycott of a particular A&P supermarket at the age of 14 or so.
    My parents dropped me off at that location to meet up with a friend who had not arrived yet. Obviously I could not drive to go elsewhere, so I went into the store to ask about using their bathroom. I was told they don't have one. Since I was sure I had been lied to, I never set foot in there again.

As for the Bass Pro at Arundel Mills. My fiancee and I used to go to AM to eat or go see a movie and sometimes go into BP for me to look for hunting stuff.

Over the past 6-8 years I have only been in BP once last year to buy some ammo a day or so before Blaster and MRH and I were going to do some pistol practice. I was never treated rudely in there or anything, and yet I just have chosen to not go, due to news of crimes committed in and around the mall, plus the darn prices of the ammo was insane. I could not believe that one box of 38 SPL was $27-$35+. Heck, I used to get Federal American Eagle 44 Mag Hollow Point ammo for roughly $19.99-$21.99 at Duffy's, and 30-06 for roughly $10- $13 depending on if I got Remington Core Lokt, Winchesters or the Hornady. Heck, when a box of 5 sabot slugs started to cost $15, I even stopped shooting my slug gun until I was in the field to take down a deer.

I do think I can count on one hand how many times I have gone shooting in the past 15 years. With ammo shortages, component shortages and high prices if one can find things, the left has definitely curbed the firearms usage of more than one citizen like me who is not filthy rich and can absorb price increases on everything and still blow through $100 bills of ammo like it was eating a Mcdonalds Happy Meal in 1990s and early 2000's and having change left over.
    That's why I shoot shitloads of 22!

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    I was going to say that is what I would have done too, that and arrows.

Then when even 22's got scarce and pricey, I got a bb gun, but didn't totally give up. I got a 10/22 around the same time.
    I can go to the range and, for a buck per pull, basically point straight at the 300 yard plate and nail it easily. It's much more entertaining to aim several feet over it, though, and watch the .22 drop down and hit it. PING!

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Went with a friend to look at a firearm he was interested in at BP Arundel. He wanted to purchase there because he is a rewards member. They refused to show it to him because he didn't have an HQL. He only wanted to look at it. I threw my HQL at them. Took the handgun and handed it to my friend to look at. He decided he wanted it so I drove him to 2A. He bought it and they held doing paperwork till his HQL came in. F BP.
    That probably that employee being a A$$O. I was shown many handguns with my 8 year old next to me.

My experience in BP is 50/50. One dude was awesome and had one old guy just ignore me and pointed through me to help another guy behind me who was just looking. I agree with F BP gun counter

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I wanted to buy a RPR in 22LR at BassPro in Harrisburg PA. I waited my turn with the number till I was called. I said I wanted to RPR in 22LR and the guy grabs it, hands it to me, I fondle it, then say lets do the paperwork. He asks be for my ID so I produce my WV license. He then says he isn't sure he can sell to me since I;m not a PA resident and proceeded to get really douchey after he saw my license. HE then proceeds to look at a laminated sheet of paper that has states he is approved to sell to and WV was a approved state but he said ti wasn't on the approved list. Firearms supervisor came over and corrected him really fast. Mind you I also had about another 1k worth of merch that I was going to buy with the rifle. I do the paperwork and get the proceed, and as this guy is ringing me up he forgets to scan the Diamonback Tactical rifle scope I was buying, but he waved it overt he magnet so it wouldn't trip the sensors at the door. I'm a honest guy so I asked him if he scanned the scope, he hadn't scanned the scope and his supervisor saw the whole thing.

BassPro is a sh!tshow, no matter when I have gone into one.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I can go to the range and, for a buck per pull, basically point straight at the 300 yard plate and nail it easily. It's much more entertaining to aim several feet over it, though, and watch the .22 drop down and hit it. PING!
    My buddy and I watched this type thing at our PA range at Jefferson Sportsman's 300 yard range as they lobbed 58 cal Black Powder balls down range.

owldo

Ultimate Member

Biden’s War On Guns Prompting Big Box Gun Sellers’ Unreasonably Restrictive Gun Sales Policies​

Only thing that some people and companies understand is a good lawsuit !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom