• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

surplusfan

Feb 2, 2009
    PA
    I salute those that stay in MD and are in to fight the good fight. I've mentioned before that I was leaving. Guess what??? I am. So is my girlfriend. Hell, so is my cat. He's mighty pissed about the cat food tax. He's also worried that they may enact some sorta litterbox tax....
    We are in the process of settling on a house in PA. PA is no paradise but its better than here in regards to taxes, 2a, and yes cat food.
    I just don't wanna stay here and participate in the "battered gun owners syndrome" that we all currently stew in.
    Screw staying here and dealing with "California lite". Im too young to deal with that BS. I've no faith in the courts. Even less in the electorate of MD to make any changes for the better. I will continue to send funds and offer support in any way that I can to those still stuck here.
    See ya guys.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Just like a typical debate with a liberal minded person...it can never stay on topic and branches off to "yes but XXX did YYY". I'm not talking about Federal tax money at all. QUOTE]

1. I am not a liberal... Don't let the smooth taste fool you. Bottom line its all about $. The haves and the have nots. Some of you don't think you are a have not but you are. Bottom line, $ is $. Waste is waste.

Here is my take on the haves and the have nots. And it has nothing to do with material items and catch phrases from books.

Haves: Those who have, are, and will contribute and pay into the system.

Have Nots: Those who have not, don't, and will never contribute and never pay into the system.

The haves are sick and tired of paying for the have nots.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Leaving the state is not going to have much economic impact on Maryland. Maryland has a big government driven economy that is going to continue to grow. Eventually, the only private industry that is going to be left will be government contractors and service industries. Maryland politicians could not care less about business that isn't directly dependent on the Government for its livelihood.

Unfortunately, I fear staying wont have much effect either. I don't have much choice in staying, my wife and her family are from here and I voluntarily left Texas so she could be near family. So for the short term, in stuck.

I'm going to do as much as I can to influence everyone around me, but honestly first chance I get I'm going home. It's not just the gun laws, it's the entire culture. Texas still has a deep sense of rugged individualism, and you simply can't teach that to people on a one-on-one basis. Like being a patriot, it's in your heart.

I have met many of you over the past months that have this spirit inside you, but the sad truth is that it is not the prevailing attitude here. The real disheartening part is that Maryland SHOULD have this spirit in all its citizens. This is The Old Line State for crying out loud. It was the people of the state that selflessly saved Washington's army and gave them the chance to fight another day.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Would everyone stop talking about people and businesses leaving Maryland!! This is our state!!!! Some of us have just made the mistake of letting the control of it fall into the wrong hands.Consentrate on getting freinds and family registered to vote.Make sure they do vote! It's the only way.If we give up and move away then they have won.Stand and fight,take back Maryland.let's make the free state free again in 2014!!!!
    :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol::lol::lol: Best Joke of the Day... these brought tears to my eyes laughing so hard...

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Yeah, heaven forbid someone starts having an opinion that differs from the received wisdom around here.

Ok, then don't Feed the trolls. :D

If you feed them then you'll find yourself in a conversation of the Haves and the Have Nots.

Challa,

Please come visit me - I want to turn you into a Have. You can have a Shopping Spree (free of charge, meaning Free) in my house for 10 minutes. You can even take some of my wife's bras, if they should fit you, your wife, your BF, your GF, your Partner, or Partners. ???

Can I buy you a box of Condoms ... What size are you?

What the ... :confused:

It's no wonder I have few conversation with Liberals.

:D

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Do you all realize that if not for federal subsidies the state of maryland would be bankrupt. What is the state of maryland going to do when the honey pot dries up. I hope I am not here when it happens. I can't wait to leave this state.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Do you all realize that if not for federal subsidies the state of maryland would be bankrupt. What is the state of maryland going to do when the honey pot dries up. I hope I am not here when it happens. I can't wait to leave this state.

I can see that easily being the case. Right now I have Section 8 renters, that drive Land Rovers and some beater cars, still. They come into nice neighborhoods and dump. Literally dump where dumping is illegal. So they get Subsidies and then also want someone to Pay for their trash removal, of old furniture and garbage that they pack.

I wouldn't be surprised if Challa has not ever known anyone on Welfare. Usually rich liberals know not of what they speak. They just like control and giving up 60% of what they have because they know they will keep 40% and that is plenty.

obiii

Jun 2, 2010
    Allegany County, MD
    Change in Maryland

MD at one point may have been a salvageable state, but the writing is on the wall. The subsidy sucking maggots have become the majority in Maryland, and short of having 10's of thousands of Conservatives move into Maryland, it is unlikely to change. We residents of Western Maryland are clamoring for secession due to the fact that the useless azzhats in Annapolis gerrymandered us and removed our only source of representation to the House of Representative. We are now subject to taxation without representation (and who wants to be in the same boat as DC). I have two choices. Sell my house and move, or work on secession from the Republik of Marylandistan. There are not enough conservatives left to make any type of difference. Those that could make a difference are either too lazy or egotistical to get out and make an effort.
    Color me gone, as soon as possible.
    OB

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Challa, I don't think you are a 2A supporter, if not then please go away.

If so, then control yourself.

Thanks in advance

Yes, I support the 2nd amendment, and the 13th and 14th. So Control yourself!

Typical. So long as a brother is quiet and along for the ride its OK, but if he speaks his mind (1st amendment) its control yourself. You are a hypocrite. You want your liberties but others must control themselves.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Ok, then don't Feed the trolls. :D

If you feed them then you'll find yourself in a conversation of the Haves and the Have Nots.

Challa,

Please come visit me - I want to turn you into a Have. You can have a Shopping Spree (free of charge, meaning Free) in my house for 10 minutes. You can even take some of my wife's bras, if they should fit you, your wife, your BF, your GF, your Partner, or Partners. ???

Can I buy you a box of Condoms ... What size are you?

What the ... :confused:

It's no wonder I have few conversation with Liberals.

:D

Md9090 you don't have a clue. You don't know what I have or what I am about. We are supposed to be on this forum expressing solidarity for gun rights and having Intellectual discourse in the process. Unfortunately I have the requisite number of chromosomes that make me human and I cannot lose a few in order to dumb it down to whatever species you belong to. You assume that you are opulent and I am not. In reality I out class you in every way. I respectfully decline that invitation to your home as I am not accustomed to visiting the inbred. I also decline any bras that your wife and or sister may own.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Md9090 you don't have a clue. You don't know what I have or what I am about. We are supposed to be on this forum expressing solidarity for gun rights and having Intellectual discourse in the process. Unfortunately I have the requisite number of chromosomes that make me human and I cannot lose a few in order to dumb it down to whatever species you belong to. You assume that you are opulent and I am not. In reality I out class you in every way. I respectfully decline that invitation to your home as I am not accustomed to visiting the inbred. I also decline any bras that your wife and or sister may own.

Can you post some pics of your guns?

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Oh please.

I'm out of this god forsaken state as soon as I can.

It has little to do with getting people out to vote. Look at the demographs and how they draw the voting lines.

The only way to really get to the politicians is through the wallet. When they see actual people/money leaving and they can no longer fund these pet projects they'll be forced to reevaluate their stance.

Furthermore once the only group left is rich democrats and having nothing democrats the rich ones will see why no one wanted to give the have nothings anything.

I'm stuck here for many-o-years to come. My first chance I'm gone and I wont hold anything against anyone who leaves. In fact I recommend people leave.

But I do submit it would be nice if half the amount of people who will show up and complain in this thread would register and get out and vote.

You will have a tough time making your salary anywhere else working the streets (not in a funny way folks). Trust me, I did my share of searching, unless you wanna make a career change.

However I am +1 on this comment.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Please knock off the insults and the personal attacks guys. You may not agree with someone's point of view but that does not make them anti-gun rights.

We can all discuss things like gentlemen, even me :). That is all, thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom