• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ffrobbyrob

Mar 3, 2007
    Finksburg
    So I went to get my stuff out to go bow hunting this weekend, but someone seemed to want my stuff more then me. They stole my bow and accessories. After adding all the cost up and taking in consideration of the 500 deductible, it seemed more cost effective to get a crossbow. What do you guys think? So I get another compound bow or go with the crossbow? Will crossbows be legal all season again next year?:mad54:

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Damn, don't know what to say other than THAT SUX. :sad20: Were they outside in a garage or something? Have no idea of the legalities, who knows what the Peoples Republic will do year to year but a compound will probably be a safe call.

ffrobbyrob

Mar 3, 2007
    Finksburg
    Yes. It was in an outside storage shed. Lock was cut and my case with all my goodies was taken. It was about $1700 worth. It weird how at this stuff adds up over the years and you do not realize how much is there to you have to replace it all at once. I finally had it tuned and shooting the way I liked it.
    The cops also took the time to fingerprint to match to previous crimes. And if you believe that I have a slightly used bridge to sell you. But they did grill me for leaving that stuff outside.

There's alot of gun folks out there who don't know what archery gear is worth today. Good archery gear can be far more expensive than a good firearm.
    For example, a Marlin 30-30, and a decent scope can be had for about $600 whereas my Hoyt Trykon XL retailed for $779 bare. Add an $89 arrow rest, a $129 sight, a $50 stabilizer, $150 for a dozen arrows, $50 for a release, $75 for a quiver... well ... you get the picture.
    Bowhunting is definitely a more expensive endeavor than hunting with a firearm.

I hope you find your stuff.
    I'd put the word out at all the bow shops in the area in case somebody tries to have ite set up for their draw length, or attepts to trade it in on something.

You did record the serial #... right?

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I have some Bows for sale, if you want to come take a look at them. IF you're interested in getting another compound it might save ya a little bit. I know it sucks to have stuff stolen, and than having to spend the money to replace it.

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    There's alot of gun folks out there who don't know what archery gear is worth today. Good archery gear can be far more expensive than a good firearm.
    For example, a Marlin 30-30, and a decent scope can be had for about $600 whereas my Hoyt Trykon XL retailed for $779 bare. Add an $89 arrow rest, a $129 sight, a $50 stabilizer, $150 for a dozen arrows, $50 for a release, $75 for a quiver... well ... you get the picture.
    Bowhunting is definitely a more expensive endeavor than hunting with a firearm.

I hope you find your stuff.
    I'd put the word out at all the bow shops in the area in case somebody tries to have ite set up for their draw length, or attepts to trade it in on something.

You did record the serial #... right?

Amen to that. My new Bowtech setup was $1600.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    It sucks to have stuff stolen...theives are only SLIGHTLY above rapists for me. And you're right....not enough is done to find stolen items, which is probably why so much gets stolen. My climber is in the bed of my truck right now drying out, and I'm hoping it's still there when I get home.

I have some Bows for sale, if you want to come take a look at them. IF you're interested in getting another compound it might save ya a little bit. I know it sucks to have stuff stolen, and than having to spend the money to replace it.
    What do you have available? I'm going to look for a new bow next year, but I need a 28" draw (tyrannasaurus arms here :o ). Looking to replace my PSE Nova

It sucks to have stuff stolen...theives are only SLIGHTLY above rapists for me. And you're right....not enough is done to find stolen items, which is probably why so much gets stolen. My climber is in the bed of my truck right now drying out, and I'm hoping it's still there when I get home.

What do you have available? I'm going to look for a new bow next year, but I need a 28" draw (tyrannasaurus arms here :o ). Looking to replace my PSE Nova

28.5 - 29 HERE.:o

SilverShooter

Oct 30, 2008
    Silver Spring MD
    2008 Bowtech Commander

I have an 08 Bowtech Commander in Testarossa (black matte with red cams) at 60#, RH and DL of 28. Can swap out limbs for #70. Will sell with DLoop, peep and rest (but no sight/scope) for $600.

hughmon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2008
    Sorry to hear that some scumbag robbed you.

OTOH, no one shoots traditional bows?

hughmon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2008
    I eat, sleep, and breathe Trad bows.

Cool, I am partial to traditional bows. I have a very old bear kodiak hunter that is so old I can't remember exactly when I bought it, other than I was shooting it in high school in the 70's. I want to get back into archery, but right now my fun budget is going to firearms and reloading supplies. I figure traditional bows are way down on the ban list, so I have de-priortized archery temporarily.

I would also like to build a self-bow, and arrows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom