• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Heh, that all depends...

I worked in a hand center once upon a time and occasionally EMS brings the machine in with the patient (their hand or what's left of it presumably inside) Best one I ever had was a girl who shoved her hand through a laptop screen.

Those sutures look good though. If you go into a clinic to get the stitches taken out make sure and keep the scissors they use. They come in handy!

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Wow! Glad you were able to get to the hospital to get that fixed up.

(I really, really dislike OLM-Medic's avatar!!!)

So, do you need a ride to the meetup next Friday?

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Wow! Glad you were able to get to the hospital to get that fixed up.

(I really, really dislike OLM-Medic's avatar!!!)

So, do you need a ride to the meetup next Friday?

076Frosh.jpg

You love it.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It happens. Consider it a future conversation starter. A few weeks ago, a screwdriver I was using for leverage slipped and went straight into my right hand between my thumb and index finger. Hole about half an inch long down to the bone. Hit a major blood vessel. By the time I made it to the kitchen sink about 20 feet away, my cupped hands were overflowing. When I called for my wife, she thought I spilled paint until she realized I was cut. Red everywhere. She almost passed out.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Yikes - hope you heal well....

I've had my share of accidents as have my kids. FWIW, a maxi pad makes a good compress for those really bad cuts. My 3rd oldest pulled a floor cabinet over when she was in second grade and gashed her head, just behind the ear - I've never seen a cut so small, bleed so much. A maxi pad held on with a TIGHT ace bandage made for quite a sight (think revolutionary war drummer) but it stopped the bleeding

---
    Shamr0ck

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    My 17 yr old put her hand thru a window pane back in June one day she was home by herself; 9 stitches. They asked her the "Do you feel safe at home?" question over and over ... she couldn't answer 'cause she didn't understand the question ... finally she said "Of course I didn't feel safe staying home by myself, I was bleeding"

The orthopedic surgeon we went to for her follow up suggested aloe vera gel for scar reduction, but I found something that works much better: silicone grease. You can get scar reduction labeled sil grease for about $30/oz ... or food grade (which is stickier) at $8 for 3oz. It worked really well.

Hope you have a full & speedy recovery

Feb 6, 2012
    Scar buddies, I've got a mark in that exact spot, though it came from a fence and not a knife. Hope there are no permanent issues from this incident.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Take it easy and let it heal!!!

Good luck with your hand. I am very sorry to see you got hurt. Union Memorial Hospital is world renowned for their hand and finger surgery. If anyone cuts off a digit, head there to get it reattached. If you have any problems, head there for an evaluation.

I had to get stitches six months ago for being careless cutting string. It's something we all do sooner or later.

Get well soon my friend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom