• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    My old man always taught me to cut AWAY from myself...

This is why. I finished mowing the lawn yesterday and was going to have a delicious Corona afterward. I had a lime and needed to cut it. I was in the garage and instead of going inside to cut it with a knife on a cutting board, I grabbed an exacto knife out of my toolbox.

Slipped it about an inch, grippied the lime in my left hand and OH SHIT. Blood everywhere. Pinkie and ring finger numb. Home by myself. I wrapped it tigh in my shirt and drove to the emergency room in CC.

No using my hanf for 3 weeks plus, no motorcycle... have to type one handed, maybe some nerve damage.

Anyway, just a reminder to always be safe. I feel like a huge idiot... this could have been much worse. Maaybe by telling everyone about my idiocy, someone else won't make the same mistake!

Attachments

• hand.jpg
      hand.jpg
      69.7 KB · Views: 566

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Good job sharing. Lots of people are too proud to discuss an even like this.

Wound looks good, hopefully there's not much nerve damage.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Another thing the old man shoulda taught ya is this: bones heal and chicks dig scars.

Glad you're OK.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    when learning how to use a knife a family friend told us "cut towards your buddy, not your body"

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    My father was a master butcher. He was always lecturing me about cutting away from myself.

I have to admit, most of my knife injuries came from failing to heed his words!

I hope you heal up soon!

scouse

Mar 6, 2013
    Havana on the Severn
    Don't feel bad, those of us who use tools on a regular basis have done something similarly stupid at least one time in our life. Thanks for having the humility to fess up and remind us "don't do that".

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Good job sharing. Lots of people are too proud to discuss an even like this.

Wound looks good, hopefully there's not much nerve damage.
    Thanks. It is embarrassing, but also a good lesson. We all do something stupid from time to time and it only takes one moment of not staying vigilant to really hurt yourself or someone else.

We need the before stitches picture.
    I didn't take one... I have about a half inch of fat tissue hanging out and my pinkie and ring finger instantly went numb. I was losing so much blood I didn't want to unclench my hand to snap a pic.

Don't feel bad, those of us who use tools on a regular basis have done something similarly stupid at least one time in our life. Thanks for having the humility to fess up and remind us "don't do that".

Thanks. Hopefully someone else doesn't have to learn the hard way.

Another thing the old man shoulda taught ya is this: bones heal and chicks dig scars.

Glad you're OK.

haha... one of my favorite quotes, EK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom