• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    I've been using a Clinger sticky type holster for a few months. IWB, canted to the right, nestled off center to the right side for left hand draw. I carry a Walther PDP "F-atty":D 3.5. I offset the buckle to the left side on my Kore belt. The holster's been my go, to especially for 'tucked' carry at Church. I've returned a Vedder and a Muddy River Tactical, because neither offered the comfort/concealment the Clinger has. Just exchanged one Vedder for another model which seems like it'll be fine for un-tucked carry.

Attachments

• Resized_20240102_063833.jpeg
      Resized_20240102_063833.jpeg
      34.9 KB · Views: 36
    • Resized_20240102_063903.jpeg
      Resized_20240102_063903.jpeg
      34.7 KB · Views: 39

MADad

Sep 8, 2013
    Charles County
    I have used a sticky with a bodyguard when wearing gym clothes or sweats and find it works very well. I even use it with street clothes when I just want to Cary something light.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I tried out a Remora holster years ago, and it was quite a bit better than I expected, provided you use it for a purpose it was designed for, short term IWB carry of very small/light pistols, or pocket carry. The main reason it worked was a kydex frame inside of the rubber outer and nylon inner materials. It kept the holster's shape and better tension with a belt or drawstring pants, kept the mouth open for holstering/drawing without yanking the pistol out with the holster attached. Pretty much every other holster of that type wouldn't stay put IWB including sticky, as they lacked the kydex frame.

The remora really had about a 20oz loaded limit, anything heavier wasn't secure enough, and it was bulky, they do sell clips to use with their holsters, both making them more secure, and eliminating much of the convenience over other designs. Ultimately kydex holsters with ulticlips work better, and are more secure for a quick carry solution, especially with sweatpants. less bulky kydex pocket holsters work better in pocket carry, so ultimately other holsters worked better, but it took 2 different designs, and neither was quite as versatile.

Checksbob

U wreckum I checkum
    The DeSantis SuperFly works extremely well. BUT it's for inside the POCKET only. Personally I would never use anything sticky IWB. Never!!!!

Not primary but I also have a DeSantis SuperFly for the Sig P365 for when pocket carrying. I'd never consider this or the Sticky for IWB.

Works great in the intended use and the outer material really does stick to the pocket lining fairly well. There's enough friction the gun doesn't move in it at all but does slide out very easily when you want it to.

I think the DeSantis cut for the grip would be easier to get your fingers around than what the Sticky photo shows.
    DeSantis (The flat back piece to break up the pistol shape is removable):
    71PUt-cUdYL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Sticky:
    71bPLawLqYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I have a DeSantis Nemesis Pocket Holster I like to use during the summer when I'm wearing cargo shorts. It fits nicely into my front right pocket and has a flap so you can't tell it's a gun. The surface is a bit sticky and supposed to stay in the pocket when you draw and allow for reholstering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom