• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I have one I bought just to use in the house... for example if the doorbell rings at 3 am and you want to slip something in your waistband.

It works for that purpose and as a sleeve when the pistol is in the lock box. Keeps the trigger covered when you reach for it in the dark.

It does move a tiny bit when walking around, I don't feel totally secure with it and I don't think I would ever use it off my property.

Billyb

MDS Supporter
    Nov 7, 2022
    Towson
    Seems like a poor choice for IWB. If you're relying on "stickiness" to keep it in pace, that's a bad bet.
    This. I tried a Sticky for my S&W Shield, but it’s just not good for extended IWB wear. I’ll still use it occasionally if I need to make a quick trip to Rofo or such, but that’s it.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I have one I bought just to use in the house... for example if the doorbell rings at 3 am and you want to slip something in your waistband.

It works for that purpose and as a sleeve when the pistol is in the lock box. Keeps the trigger covered when you reach for it in the dark.

It does move a tiny bit when walking around, I don't feel totally secure with it and I don't think I would ever use it off my property.
    Okay for this ^ or pocket carry. THAT IS IT! Do NOT use it for regular IWB carry.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback. Spoke to one of the trainers at Best Shot in Lewes, DE and he told me he uses Sticky holsters exclusively when carrying concealed.
    This is why I vet my instructors as well as I can before dropping $ to train with them.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    I have one. During my early years, I briefly used it for IWB but I was always adjusting it.

If you use one, just know that it will move and occasional adjustments may be necessary.

Since then, I switched to a different carry system (kydex pancake or clip on a belt) for my primary which allows me to not be so conscious about it because it is more secure and stays in place.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I use a sticky for a lighter pocket carry with an Airweight .38 it works well and as it should.

I would never trust it for anything else but pocket carry

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I can't see it. Drawing a gun in a hurry seems like the kind of thing that would cause me use more force than I want to trust to stickum.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    The sticky works well for a pocket carry and some will put it as a appendix carry while they're driving since you can't reach the pocket with a seat belt on. Have to switch back before you get out. I like Alabama holsters for pocket carry myself.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Thanks for the feedback. Spoke to one of the trainers at Best Shot in Lewes, DE and he told me he uses Sticky holsters exclusively when carrying concealed.
    Unless he exclusively pocket carries, it sounds like you ventured into DE's version of Worth-A-Sh!t (plenty of threads/posts on them here).

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    The DeSantis SuperFly works extremely well. BUT it's for inside the POCKET only. Personally I would never use anything sticky IWB. Never!!!!

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I have no experience with sticky holsters but IWB just seems like a bad idea as mentioned. It may stay put during normal walking around but I would think it could easily slip out of place if you end up in a tussle, have to run, hit the deck, etc.

For pocket carry, I've been happy with a leather/suede holster from Galco for a J Frame. They make them for small semi-autos too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom