• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    A man knows his limits, and thank you, Don, for pushing past yours. As always, first round's on me if you find yourself in St. Louis.

Kevin, welcome aboard. If you do drink, I hope it doesn't involve umbrellas.

I hereby pledge my loyalty to Sasquatch and his jack-booted enforcers. Oh, and since I can post this with impunity:

uploadfromtaptalk1455593381955.jpeg

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Don,

Thank you for creating MDS and allowing me to be part of this fantastic community. Your post makes me sad because we are losing you. May God continue to Bless you and your Family. If I can ever do anything for you, please do not hesitate to ask.

TexKev,

Welcome to MDS. If you ever need something AR related, let me know and Ill help however I can.

Sincerely
    Chad

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    A man knows his limits, and thank you, Don, for pushing past yours. As always, first round's on me if you find yourself in St. Louis.

Kevin, welcome aboard. If you do drink, I hope it doesn't involve umbrellas.

I hereby pledge my loyalty to Sasquatch and his jack-booted enforcers. Oh, and since I can post this with impunity:

[/ATTACH]

He does seem to retain an active admin banhammer ...:outta her

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Don,

Thank you for creating MDS and allowing me to be part of this fantastic community. Your post makes me sad because we are losing you. May God continue to Bless you and your Family. If I can ever do anything for you, please do not hesitate to ask.

TexKev,

Welcome to MDS. If you ever need something AR related, let me know and Ill help however I can.

Sincerely
    Chad

TexKev, just watch out if Chad approaches you with latex products, or militec. You have been warned. :lol2:

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Don,

TexKev,

Sincerely
    Chad

I truly hope DD214 finds time to hang out here in his schedule, with the responsibility of the community off his shoulders. He deserves it.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Don,
    I want to say "Thanks and Good Luck" but that would be total B.S.

You can not slimply slip over the side and beach yourself. You do not get to go gently into the night.

For what you have created with MDS with your vision and leadership, mere words are not enough.

Hopefully, our MDS family can come together can give you a proper send off with a substantial gesture that truly measures our gratitude for this magnificent rallying point you have provided for your fellow citizens and patriots for the last 11 years.

Whether a DD214 Shoot or a testimonial dinner and wetdown to send you on to your next adventure, you deserve far more than a simple farewell. We owe you more than that....

Lest we forget

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Don,
    I want to say "Thanks and Good Luck" but that would be total B.S.

You can not slimply slip over the side and beach yourself. You do not get go gently into the night.

For what you have created with MDS with your vision and leadership, mere words are not enough.

Hopefully, our MDS family can come together can give you a proper send off with a substantial gesture that truly measures our gratitude for this magnificent rallying point you have provided for your fellow citizens and patriots for the last 11 years.

Whether a DD214 Shoot or a testimonial dinner and wetdown to send you on to your next adventure, you deserve far more than a simple farewell. We owe you more than that....

Lest we forget

Well said and very much agreed.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    Thanks to everyone for the welcome and the offers to help. Much appreciated. I look forward to being a part of the group.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    DD214, don't be a stranger. Thanks for setting up the forum, it sure has become quite the institution since '05.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    Thank you Don I have been here since 2011 a early 12er member. Thank you for all of you work.
    TexKev welcome to the group

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    so um, :smoke: DD214 gone? really? even though this is a SMALL community, when some of the furniture is removed, folks notice it. or don't. :innocent0.
    listen, when the sand-rats destroy the pyramids, you'll see an outrage, till then, DD214, if you go away, it's kinda like the pyramids being gone. we wish you well!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Don,

I don't know you, but by your actions, I know that you're both a visionary and a class act. Thank you for your greater than a decade effort to create and maintain a fast growing community that would share an enthusiasm in firearms related activities and serve as a town square in organizing efforts to protect 2A rights. Thank you for running the place with your colleagues with light fingers/equanimity, setting clear guidelines for appropriate discussions, while ensuring there was space for give-and-take, contrary opinions, etc. This site was instrumental in my becoming a new but informed firearms owner, and my story is one of tens of thousands here. The broader impact that your creation has had on the MD firearms community is likely staggering. But given the humility of your past posts, I think you probably don't reflect on accolades, and instead worry whether you're doing enough. Be certain that we in this community have a debt to you that can't be paid. Happy trails as you move forward.

Kevin,

thank you for taking up the site maintenance reins. Given the care Don took in finding a thoughtful and committed moderation team, I'm sure that you too will be a great fit. When/if there are occasions to raise money for site maintenance, many of the members are happy to do so beyond annual tithing/donations.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ironcity

Feb 6, 2013
    Taneytown
    DD214 thanks for starting this forum. Made a lot of friends and information from a lot as well.
    Texkev welcome to this great place.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    DD214,

Sir,

Though I never met you in person, a mutual friend has had nothing but good to say about you. I trust that friend and I trust you from what you leave here.

Thank you... Your vision and the action you took has created a great resource for many folks who will never even meet you. Many of them as yet unborn or even thought of. The ripple you started in a small pond has become a tsunami of Friends, Families and Patriots.

Thank you and God bless,
    RoadDawg

texkev,

Sir,

Many years ago a Designer/Developer planned and built Centers for Shopping and then a new and innovative Community. It was celebrated as one of the premier communities of tomorrow and won many accolades all over the country. The Design Company went on to be awarded many very lucrative contracts to build/develop many more things around the Baltimore Washington area.

James W. Rouse has nothing on the Community which DD214 has built and passed on to you. This is far better. Welcome aboard and may your time here be satisfying for you as it has for so many before you. You have some huge shoes to fill and It is comforting to know that the originator of this forum considers you highly enough to trust you to see it through into the future. Your Staff of Moderators is no doubt the best in the business... Due greatly to the fact that they actually care about what they do.

You have the torch...
    God bless,
    RoadDawg

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Don,

I can't really add anything to what's been said publicly here nor to what I've said privately, but suffice it to say that there's no question that this community has been the single most valuable resource for the preservation of the 2nd amendment in the history of the fight in this state.

People take for granted that this community exists as it does, but for those of us that were around prior to 2005 when the best we could do was to hog out some space at THR or to communicate via the old Yahoo MD 2A group, we can see how far we've come.

I don't think people really understand where we'd be without MDS, both socially and politically in this state.

Your vision and sacrifice for the benefit of this community will endure and those of us that act as the stewards for the community will continue to live up to that vision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom