• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kinetic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013
    Thanks for standing up this great website, Don. As a '13er, I'm just sorry I didn't find it sooner.

And welcome aboard Kevin. You sound like a steady hand to have on the tech tiller.

Shouldn't take you more than 2 weeks to get up to speed.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    DD - THANK YOU! You've enabled a community. I've learned from and been entertained by this site.

If it's the money, we could give you 10% and two more vacation days.

Texkev - Welcome!

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I wish you all the best Don. Thank you for bringing such a great online community to MD and the surrounding states. Although I will always blame MDS for the insane amount of money I've spent on guns, I will always be thankful for it.

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    DD214, thank you for creating a great community and resource. Godspeed in yr endeavors.

Welcome Kevin and the new team.
    Again a shout out to our MOD team for putting up with us.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I'm sure I'm just duplicating all the things that have been said in the previous pages, but thanks for creating this place and more importantly the culture of mdshooters. It's a different feel from any other forum I've browsed and discarded.

Thanks Don! Best of luck.

Thanks to the mods, and a warm welcome to Kevin!

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Thank you, sir.

I am amazed at the breadth and depth of the knowledge here on MDS about any and all subjects. The minimal degrees of separation and the in-depth coverage of events, regardless where in the US, is simply astounding. I think that speaks volumes about the site and to your stewardship.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I know so much now that I never would have without this amazing resource of a website.

Thanks Don

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I never had any desire to participate in any sort of a web based forum, until I stumbled upon your MDS. This 13er soon found your site compelling, and not only because of the subject matter and the membership. There's also the compelling backdrop of the times.

Your creation in retrospect was indeed and in sum visionary, and for myself the right site at the right time. You have created something on a level that is far in excess of any of our capabilities individually.

I Thank You Sir for that foresight and that vision. I Thank You for making your timely vision a reality for all of us.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Hey all,

My name is Kevin, from Texas, of course a gun owner and happy to be here. I am not a part of a team, just me and a part time web guy I use rarely. I like working with forums, I work from home caring for my disabled wife so it fits well with my wonky schedule. Very sorry in advance to everyone at the shock of this. Don has had nothing but amazing things to say about the group here. Actually he interviewed me and wanted to know everything about what I would have planned, etc. He cares a ton about this place and its future.

I want to first make sure everyone knows I am not here to change the flow, how the site is modded, etc. The mods still run the place. I am simply here more as a tech help, bring the site up to date (backend stuff, not seen), hopefully help it grow, etc. Of course the members here are the backbone of the site, I just hope to be able to help behind the scenes, etc.

I look forward to learning more about the group here. I sure know you guys have it tougher when it comes to gun policy then we do. Please PM me if you have any questions, etc. Thanks…

Kevin

Welcome...As your first task please install a new valid SSL cert.
    https://letsencrypt.org/
    I mentioned in the comments and suggestions a couple months ago, and it did not go anywhere.
    FREE. How can you pass up FREE?

Also hit me up if you want an advice, assistance moving to AWS and autoscaling groups.

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    DD214, What can a member say at this time, it's an end of an era.

BUT :

AWESOME.jpg

IC135515.png

12278777_10153706984867731_3590184874275026464_n.jpg

Best of Luck Always, Mark

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Thank you for starting this forum and giving so many of us a chance to become a brotherhood. Albeit sometimes a dysfunctional one sometimes. But that's part of the fun. Good luck in the future, you will be missed.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Don,

Having a small glimmer of what it takes to run a site like this in today's tyrannical environment, I have to say that you are a courageous individual and untold numbers of honest citizens are in your debt both here and across the country.

You are a true patriot.

God bless you and your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom