• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    If it's open to public I'm in. Any requirements for holsters or other gear? About how how many rounds are needed for the event?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    If it's open to public I'm in. Any requirements for holsters or other gear? About how how many rounds are needed for the event?

No holsters. You shoot from high ready.
    A round is 6 targets shot at 5 separate times with a time limit of 30 seconds for each time you shoot at the 6 targets. So you have 30 seconds to shoot 6 pins, then the range goes cold and the targets are reset. Then you repeat it four more times and average the times of all 5 rounds. You can reload as many times as you need to within the 30 seconds. Three magazines is probably the most you'd be able to shoot before running out of time. The magazines can only be loaded with 6 rounds, so if you miss a pin it forces you to reload. So maximum round count would be 90 per round but realistic is 50-60. Of course if you don't miss you'll only use 30 rounds.
    It's a very friendly and welcoming environment. Genuinely nice people running it. Show up to have fun and shoot safely and you'll make friends.

Feb 28, 2013
    Just come out and have fun!!!! I did the first time. They are great people and will help you through it. even someone like me who was so intense looking at the pins forgot to reload and the guy timing me would yell "RELOAD"!!

I can't help bit feel sorry for the guys with wheelguns though.

Ok, if you go, I will. :)

(I am such a type A-cubed person sometimes!)

If you two go, so will I.:D

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I can't help bit feel sorry for the guys with wheelguns though.

If you two go, so will I.:D

Sling, I will be there!!! Short of some kind of major catastrophe. Trying to convince the wife to go and shoot. Her excuse "I don't have a gun", my response, "you can use mine". Still not sure if she'll come. I plan on being there.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Sling, I will be there!!! Short of some kind of major catastrophe. Trying to convince the wife to go and shoot. Her excuse "I don't have a gun", my response, "you can use mine". Still not sure if she'll come. I plan on being there.

Aw tell her to come! You can stop by here and she can pick one out to use :)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    ....And of course this has been scheduled on a gun show weekend that I'm working. :sad20: Wassa' matter, y'alla 'fraid I'll walk away wiff allda' monies??? :D

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Boy do I need practice! Went out back last night to see how rusty I was and was lucky to hit the target. Haven't shot since last Fall. I should have just thrown the gun at the target!!!

Feb 28, 2013

I have a couple revolvers I haven't shot yet.:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom