• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    Just as a heads-up the Stealth Phantom jig bundle is on sale for $349 (with the discount = $314).
    Can't beat that with a stick.
    After reading thru this thread I "made it so"...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I need to get on this. Was planning on buying a 1911 thus year. Making my own sounds even better :D

I can't wait til someone comes out with the "EZ bake pistol" for making a polymer framed handgun :lol2:

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    Good Morning!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am prompted to join because I received a Stealth Arms 80% frame and jig kit as a Christmas present from my family.

Now comes the task of deciding on parts.

I have read through the treads on this site and others. I find myself a little dismayed that there is no clear consensus. All I am looking to end up with is a nice, reliable shooter.

Currently I am leaning towards the Advanced Tactical 1911 Builders Kit along with the Nowlin Action Pro matched hammer and sear kit.

Thoughts?

I was also wondering what makes the Stealth Arms parts kit so God awfully expensive. Seems way overpriced at $949.

Look forward to sharing my progress.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Just as a heads-up the Stealth Phantom jig bundle is on sale for $349 (with the discount = $314).
    Can't beat that with a stick.
    After reading thru this thread I "made it so"...

What discount are you talking about? Want to get one and would pay the $349 but $314 is much better.

Dave

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    MDstealth is the promo code from the 1st post. It comes out to $314 for basic pistol frame.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    MDstealth is the promo code from the 1st post. It comes out to $314 for basic pistol frame.

Yep, found it. Thanks! I ordered the Tactical frame Jig bundle. $319 before shipping.

Now to get the rest of the parts. Looking at a threaded barrel for this one. And the same Pearce finger groove grip insert I got for my Para Expert Carry. Will do a ambi safety also.

Not sure about other parts yet. Will post as I go.

Thanks again,

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Do you plan to use a parts kit or buy individual parts?

I am thinking a little bit of both. Try to find a decent parts kit (minus slide and barrel) and keep extra parts as spares.

Buy ambi-safety, trigger, hammer, and beavertail I like as well as a threaded barrel and slide separately. Sites will also be purchased separately.

Trying to customize it the way I want as much as possible but if I can get most of the inner workings like main spring, firing pin, slide lock, etc... as a kit I will do that. If not I will buy separately as I go.

Dave

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    So, to verify you can use the jig multiple times correct? If so would anyone like to loan or rent their jig?

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    As posted in another thread, any sage advice before I start cutting?

Attachments

• 2016-02-03 17.33.42.jpg
      2016-02-03 17.33.42.jpg
      93.6 KB · Views: 300

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads