• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    This might be a stupid question but do magazines fall into a seperate category when it comes to transporting? Would you be okay driving through DC or a portion of the beltway that is DC aslong as you are not going to or from DC itself? I understand the law is stupid and its easier just to avoid the place but I was just wondering if there is a distinction. Are you also not allowed to transport you gun through DC based on Federal transport laws like I said as long as your are not coming to or from DC itself?

Doodads

May 29, 2011
    Sarasota
    This might be a stupid question but do magazines fall into a seperate category when it comes to transporting? Would you be okay driving through DC or a portion of the beltway that is DC aslong as you are not going to or from DC itself? I understand the law is stupid and its easier just to avoid the place but I was just wondering if there is a distinction. Are you also not allowed to transport you gun through DC based on Federal transport laws like I said as long as your are not coming to or from DC itself?

No portion of the beltway is in DC.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Anyone remember the jumper back in about 98 - 99? Someone reported he had a gun.

Stopped traffic over the WW bridge ALL day, and totally hosed ALL DC metro area traffic. People took 8+ hours to get home.

But one of the problems was jurisdiction. Exactly where on the bridge he was and who had jurisdiction over that part of the bridge and who had jurisdiction over the water under that part of the bridge. MD, DC, VA, Coast Guard all involved.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    No portion of the beltway is in DC.

That wasn't really the point of the question, So say driving through a portion of DC from VA to MD then whichever route you choose. My point was are laws for magazines the same as firearms for federal transport as long as your beginning or destination points are not DC itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom