• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    I've been looking and looking and can't seem to find one for sale anywhere. Does anyone know where they are? Or, has everything dried up?

Thanks!

Sling1

Provocative Interloper
    Nov 25, 2009
    Frederick
    Same here, been waiting a couple of months. I have signed up for email alerts on a few websites and haven't got a notification. Delta3 Tactical will let you order one and will ship/charge you for it when it comes in. I called and spoke to the owner and he said I can cancel my order if I get one from somewhere else. If you find them shoot me a PM or just order me one I'm good for it and you live close buy. If I find them I'm gonna buy three and sell them at cost in the classifieds.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I think the only differences between the regular kit and the Enhanced kit are the NiB coated trigger, ERGO grip, and ambi safety.

I used one of their Enhanced kits on my last build and am not overly impressed with the trigger; I would much rather have a RRA two stage, Timney, or Chip McCormick. The ambi safety, without Clandestines scallop work, gets in the way.

Bigpapa

Enthusiast
    Apr 18, 2011
    MD
    Comes down to preference, I like my Spikes enhanced much more than the RRA two stage I had.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Comes down to preference, I like my Spikes enhanced much more than the RRA two stage I had.

I just don't care for how heavy it is, I guess I could try swapping out the springs.

1173466f.jpg

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I have a Spikes Enhanced LPK on my build and the only thing I hate is the ambi safety. It is awkward to manipulate. The safety on my DD seems to be much better ergonomically.
    2A had some DD LPK's last time I was in there if you are considering it.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    We've been receiving small batches of enhanced LPK's at a time. Our last batch arrived on 4/23 for the black ones. We haven't seen any since. You can sign up for email notifications here though:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Email_Me_When_Back_In_Stock.asp?ProductCode=SP-SLPK301

I think the only differences between the regular kit and the Enhanced kit are the NiB coated trigger, ERGO grip, and ambi safety.

They also have a billet trigger guard (~$18) and KNS Gen 2 Mod 2 Anti Rotation Pins (~$28-$30).

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    Hi Joe Bob, I'm signed up for your notifications, thanks! It's just that I'm never around a PC when stuff is presented so I can snatch it up.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Hi Joe Bob, I'm signed up for your notifications, thanks! It's just that I'm never around a PC when stuff is presented so I can snatch it up.

We GENERALLY announce via email newsletters and through our subforum here on MDS a few days in advance to let guys know ahead of time, if possible.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I have a Spikes NiB Battle Trigger set. I haven't metered the trigger but it's crisp with no creep, probably between 5.5-6 lbs, great for a combat SBR.

For those of you who don't like the standard ambi, check out the BAD-ASS. I have it on my SBR as well and LOVE it. There are 6 or 7 different levers to choose from so you can configure it how you want. The kit comes with 3 I believe, and they let you swap them out if you want others.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    What's this scallop work of Clandestines all about?

-Scallop Ambidextrous Safety Lever, Refinish, and Stake Screw
    $50.00 Single Scallop
    $75.00 Dual Scallop (Both Sides)

The purpose of this Service is to slim the Safety Levers so the Operators Trigger Finger isn’t chafed from firing.
    2012-02-27_16-50-11_661.jpg

2012-02-27_16-47-53_776.jpg

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    clandestine said:
    $50.00 Single Scallop
    The purpose of this Service is to slim the Safety Levers so the Operators Trigger Finger isn’t chafed from firing.

It's an awesome little mod that makes a huge difference. Well worth it IMO and the work is excellent, chad did mine.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    $50.00 Single Scallop

2012-02-27_16-50-11_661.jpg

2012-02-27_16-47-53_776.jpg

This is based on the shooter because I have an ambi on mine and I do not notice any chaffing.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    This is based on the shooter because I have an ambi on mine and I do not notice any chaffing.

Correct.

BTW, do you have a MIAD for a grip with a beavertail? For some this forces the hand lower on te grip, which can force the trigger finger out of the path of the Safety, thus negating the chafing.

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Correct.

BTW, do you have a MIAD or a grip with a beavertail? For some this forces the hand lower on te grip, which can force the trigger finger out of the path of the Safety, thus negating the chafing.

Miads are a staple on all my builds :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom