• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fish67

Nov 13, 2008
    A grassroots "tea party" protest movement comprised of Republicans, Democrats and independents concerned about the direction in which our nation is headed has broken out across America and is now landing in U.S. House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer's own backyard. Ordinary folks have had enough and hundreds, most of whom have never engaged in a protest before, are volunteering.

The local Calvert County Republican Party has endorsed the movement and is lending its support. A "Concerned Citizens Tea Party" rally is scheduled for Sunday, March 22nd at 2:30 PM in Solomons, Maryland, a waterfront community. This public event is open to all and will be held at the Pavillion on the Solomons boardwalk.

http://www.calvertnews.info/news/1231/calvert-county-citizens-tea-party-protest

Anyone from Southern MD going to be there?

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    A grassroots "tea party" protest movement comprised of Republicans, Democrats and independents concerned about the direction in which our nation is headed has broken out across America and is now landing in U.S. House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer's own backyard. Ordinary folks have had enough and hundreds, most of whom have never engaged in a protest before, are volunteering.

The local Calvert County Republican Party has endorsed the movement and is lending its support. A "Concerned Citizens Tea Party" rally is scheduled for Sunday, March 22nd at 2:30 PM in Solomons, Maryland, a waterfront community. This public event is open to all and will be held at the Pavillion on the Solomons boardwalk.

http://www.calvertnews.info/news/1231/calvert-county-citizens-tea-party-protest

Anyone from Southern MD going to be there?

I kinda wanted to check out the one all the way up in D.C., but now, it's a no brainer. I'll be taking the family. :)

Luke 12:49

A Good Ole Boy
    Feb 18, 2009
    Culvert County
    I wish I could go this weekend...that's also my "backyard" but it's my nephew's first birthday up near Philly, and I've got two exams on Monday! Dern!

fish67

Nov 13, 2008
    I think it is funny that they make a point to tell you that the tea thrown into the river will be cleaned up to create an environmentally friendly event -- I say since the state and the feds want to spend money so badly THEY should clean it up!!!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I'll be in the black bandana, looking like I'm going to a IMF/World Bank protest. :ninja:

Beware of the PORK rinds floating in the river! Mwahahahahahahaaa!

Kind of hard to distiguish them from the light brown logs floating down river. eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    The Grill Sergeant will be selling BBQ and the only pork at this rally will be on the grill. Participants will be invited to express their opinions on the out-of-control spending of our governments in Washington and Annapolis, and the tea party will conclude with a symbolic gesture of protest, tossing boxes of "tea" into the Patuxent River (the boxes will be retrieved to maintain an environmentally friendly event).

Is Oprah going to be the guest of honor as well? Geez, sorry guys, but this kind of happy, fun anger is not going to even show up as a blip on the government's radar. I wonder if these guys had pulled pork and a cleanup crew as well?:rolleyes::

Attachments

• teaparty4.jpg
      teaparty4.jpg
      33.3 KB · Views: 95

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Well damn...pee in our Wheaties, why dontcha? :sad20:

Sorry, my level of anger is way past this kind of feel good protesting. It only serves those that participate, as everyone else, including the intended target of the protest, will not even notice. That is fine if that is what you want to do, and if it serves to make people more aware then that is good, but it is not worthy of of the legacy of the name "Tea Party". Save that term for when people are really pissed off. This reminds me of the Ron Paul "Revolution" and all of the supposed "protests" that they did, and you see where that went (nowhere). In a way it is kind of like the boy who cried wolf. Enough of these types of "protests" and after a while the public at large will just roll their eyes and ignore them. Much less the government, who could not care any less.

Yeah, I'm probably being a bit blunt, but I went cold turkey on smokes a week ago and I am constantly pissed off right now. :sad20:

Last edited:
    Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Sorry, my level of anger is way past this kind of feel good protesting. It only serves those that participate, as everyone else, including the intended target of the protest, will not even notice. That is fine if that is what you want to do, and if it serves to make people more aware then that is good, but it is not worthy of of the legacy of the name "Tea Party". Save that term for when people are really pissed off. This reminds me of the Ron Paul "Revolution" and all of the supposed "protests" that they did, and you see where that went (nowhere). In a way it is kind of like the boy who cried wolf. Enough of these types of "protests" and after all well the public at large will just roll their eyes and ignore them. Much less the government, who could not care any less.

Yeah, I'm probably being a bit blunt, but I went cold turkey on smokes a week ago and I am constantly pissed off right now. :sad20:

Anyone up for a collection to get DD some nicorettes?:D

Luke 12:49

A Good Ole Boy
    Feb 18, 2009
    Culvert County
    Isn't there a Tiki Bar in that area?

Correction, there is literally a shack with sand around it, and some stools and an over-hang for when it's raining...but the owners insist on implying the place is a "bar"...

But the 5-0 sure do a HELL of a DUI check-points all along Rt. 4!

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Sorry, my level of anger is way past this kind of feel good protesting. It only serves those that participate, as everyone else, including the intended target of the protest, will not even notice. That is fine if that is what you want to do, and if it serves to make people more aware then that is good, but it is not worthy of of the legacy of the name "Tea Party". Save that term for when people are really pissed off. This reminds me of the Ron Paul "Revolution" and all of the supposed "protests" that they did, and you see where that went (nowhere). In a way it is kind of like the boy who cried wolf. Enough of these types of "protests" and after a while the public at large will just roll their eyes and ignore them. Much less the government, who could not care any less.

It's better than doing nothing, especially when it's in our own backyard. A few MDShooters shirts in the crowd might get some people to take notice, even if locally. Or if you've still quit smoking by then and feeling rowdy, maybe a little civil disobedience is in order. :D

I do agree with not using the "Tea Party" moniker. If anyone stayed awake in their history class, it should evoke some sort of emotion, though unlikely. Damn, now I'm a gloomy Gus.

fish67

Nov 13, 2008
    I kind of agree with the sentiment -- this sounds way too much like a festival for my taste, but I still think it important that a good showing is made. There's gonna be music, and food...might as well be a marine museum concert....sigh....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom