• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Links please to comparable quality items and please include shipping?

Why bother...
    You asked a question and are now on page 3 of answers you don't seem to like.
    Like them or not these are your peers (even the senior members who hurt your feelings) and have a bunch of experience in buying ARs in the last 1.5 years.
    You picked a good crowd to ask as the experience is here.
    You built a nice gun. You should either keep it, or lower the price to match the market.
    No matter what you spent on the build the economy is still weak.
    Good luck.

rafael

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2013
    It's a nice gun, I think you should just hold on to it and enjoy it!

I think it is really nice. Especially after the tight groups, and I actually am regretful b/c I believe it is true quality... and, crapola, at this price I am selling for a 25 percent loss. I guess I bought last year during the craze and price gouging. I am trying to raise funds to by a .308... which is probably what I should have started out with. I built two, and this is the one I am keeping in 5.56:

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I think it is really nice. Especially after the tight groups, and I actually am regretful b/c I believe it is true quality... and, crapola, at this price I am selling for a 25 percent loss. I guess I bought last year during the craze and price gouging. I am trying to raise funds to by a .308... which is probably what I should have started out with. I built two, and this is the one I am keeping in 5.56:

There's your problem.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    During my search for a 6.5 G rifle I looked at them as a builder. You are a bit high for a used rifle from them. I know you say you didn't shoot it much but I could scrub up just about any of my mint guns and sell it as only fired one box of ammo....not saying you would do that but you know how people's minds work. Selling on GB has been slow...I know I have nine auctions going on right now and have over 150 feedback's with over 200 sales. Some of my items are blow what I have into them just to sell them. I don't sell items to friends or people on forums that I hang out with just because it can cause issues. OH and lastly don't show up on a forum and start debates about why you item is not selling when you have just barely enough post to sell regardless....might make people think your trolling.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Good luck selling it at that price on gun broker with no feedback. Your wasting your time, part it out and get back as much as you can.

thai

May 8, 2013
    As everyone has mentioned:Frankenstein AR, wrong time to sell because everyone has Long spent out of cash, price is higher than worth of parts, lack name recognition. For this price I can buy a NIB DD/BCM/KAC/POF/LMT/LWRCI/Noveske....and on and on, and most would even cost a few hundred less. They would also have name recognition and from the factory having a warranty.

The only option for you is as already mentioned: part it out if you really want to sell it. Otherwise keep it and consider this a lesson on having a unique custom AR.

BTW, Armed Ferret you crazy ol' Coot! That was funny as hell!!!

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    OP,

I really like your build. It is very similar to the build I did. I spent about what you did, but apparently got everything at sale prices that you did not get. Plus my build costs included a Burris scope. If I were to sell it, I would like to get at least $1500. If I were to sell it, I would realistically expect to actually get no more than about $1200, more likely closer to $1000. Whether I fired it or not, most will consider it a used gun and look for a consequent used price since this is NOT a collector item. That is the market reality. There is probably that one buyer out there willing to pay your asking price, but they will be a needle in a haystack that will likely require a lot of effort to locate or just some good blind luck.

pop-gunner, I think we may be related. :)

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER

I want that rail so bad in 15 inch length. Sweet setup.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I think anyone spending that kind of money on an AR will probably want to hand pick their own parts and either build it themselves or know the smith that built it. You're probably better off disassembling and selling the parts separately.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I think anyone spending that kind of money on an AR will probably want to hand pick their own parts and either build it themselves or know the smith that built it. You're probably better off disassembling and selling the parts separately.

Thats actually a good plan for him. Might get a little less but you probably could hang onto your lower which may become useful again in the future.

Since outside MD lowers are well under $100 these days.

It sucks to take a hit but we all have done it.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Guessing it was bought at the height of the panic and from md dealer at a md gun show,now prices are at pre 2013,prices,the most I ever paid for an ar 1.000 and that was a new colt

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    It didnt sell because the mall ninjas only want BCM stuff.

They used one in Call Of Duty, and want the same one...

Attachments

• BCHWAH.jpg
      BCHWAH.jpg
      82.8 KB · Views: 430
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member