• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Over priced.

IF (big if) I am going to spend that much on an AR, I would spend just a little bit more (maybe) and buy brand new with the all the specific components that I wanted.

^^^This. I saw it, but when I spend that kind of dinero I would just buy what I want instead. Additionally, the market is saturated and you're selling a Frankenstein AR for pretty much top dollar.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    ^^^This. I saw it, but when I spend that kind of dinero I would just buy what I want instead. Additionally, the market is saturated and you're selling a Frankenstein AR for pretty much top dollar.

This I also agree with. It's gotta be a damn good deal if I'm going to buy someone else's custom build.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    ARs that are built don't hold their value very well AND don't sell easily.

Unless you've managed to build exactly what someone else wanted, it's going to be a difficult sell.

Of the rifles that I've put together myself I've only been able to sell one of them, and that's because it was exactly what the buyer was looking to build himself and cost less.

Another one that I built up and tried to sell no one even made offers on it. I ended up selling just the upper from it.

Compound this with the fact that people wont shell out "the big bucks" for little known brands and/or local manufacturers, and you've got yourself a rifle that's hard to sell.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    This I also agree with. It's gotta be a damn good deal if I'm going to buy someone else's custom build.

I would expect $1k to be reasonable... It's a nice rifle, but it's used. Outside of this area Precision Firearms is a complete unknown. Very few people will know his brand and reputation from Billy Bob's AR Emporium, Lyons KS.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Maybe it's because I can get Mark at Precision Firearms to build me the same rifle with a better grip, better handgaurd, and an SSA-E trigger for about the same price new. If you want to sell that rifle you are going to have to drop the price.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Man, you guys are a tough crowd. That said, I think candid and correct...and the OP did ask.

I can't add to what I have read here as much of it is spot on and offered pretty constructively. Kind of a primer on selling second hand ARs in today's market.

Unlike real estate (location, location, location), it's price, price, price.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Too much. I purchased my Colt HBar and Sig P226 for a few dollars more, both new. Im looking on spending around that in my next piece but it will be AR10 or variant in .308.

I say keep it and have more fun with it.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Where did the OP go? I think I stand with most people that I'm not gonna buy used unless I'm saving a lot of money. For the price you are asking, why wouldn't I go new? I know you feel its worth it but the market has dictated it's not worth what you're asking. Simple really.

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    Like what most others have said, but I'll put it a little differently....

It's a custom build. You had it built the way you wanted it (or with all the ups they managed to sell you on) and it is indeed a great gun. But it is not going to sell. Too many people think these are investments. Guns that turn out to be investments appreciate in value over time...you bought this 9 months ago. Firearms dealers already understand the narrow profit margins on gun sales and gun parts, so your beautiful custom build was already paying for the dealers' costs, overhead, and profits. And you are selling second hand goods.

It is just simple economics. You are better off keeping it and enjoying it. Put some good glass on it and work on extending your range and tightening your groups.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Man, I had the problems selling my last two cars. I couldn't figure it out either but eventually a buyer came along for both of them. Some guys just don't appreciate custom work and build ups. Thank Gawd for the Greater Fool Theory.

3709d1007011388-you-want-ghetto-the-geo-prizm-venom-gt-sport-type-r-mustang2.jpg

182544.jpg

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Price needs to be lowered, could build it cheaper new:

Billet upper $200
    Billet Lower $150
    Lpk with geissele trigger 200
    Acs l lower build kit 120
    Nib bcg 150
    Bcm ch 45
    Alpha rail 150
    Muzzle brake 100
    Noveske/kreiger/Lija. 450 or woa barrel for 300ish
    Total $1500 build then knock some off for used.

Plus you have to find the person who wants the same build you wanted, personally I'd want to change a few things so the rifle wouldn't be worth me buying .

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    We could also rehash the forged vs. billet debate, but the only real usefulness in "billet" is looks. The same shape milled out of a forging would have a better strength-to-weight ratio.

+1 on the used car jokes.

rafael

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2013
    Price needs to be lowered, could build it cheaper new:

Billet upper $200
    Billet Lower $150
    Lpk with geissele trigger 200
    Acs l lower build kit 120
    Nib bcg 150
    Bcm ch 45
    Alpha rail 150
    Muzzle brake 100
    Noveske/kreiger/Lija. 450 or woa barrel for 300ish
    Total $1500 build then knock some off for used.

Links please to comparable quality items and please include shipping?

Laharll

Jun 23, 2011
    Pasadena
    Are you wanting the links so you can buy the parts, build the rifle, and then try and sell another overpriced gun? And for that price you better find some MD legal mags to go with it.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Links please to comparable quality items and please include shipping?

Cmt, quinten defense or north tech or seekins billet upper/lower.(seekins being the most expensive others are under 400 for the set.

Dsgarms sells magpul acs l stock kits with buffer tuber, buffer spring etc for $120

Psa has lpk with geissele ssa trigger($40 more then the g2s trigger)
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...s/parts-kits/palmetto-state-armory-lpk-g.html

Rail choose your favorite

Nib bcg joeboboutfitters $150ish

Noveske barrel with pinned gasblock 450
    Bcm charging handles everywhere for $45

If you want links I'll pull them all up, not trying to be a dick just showing ppl could build one for cheaper essentially using the same quality parts. Plus I don't know the brand of your bcg or barrel.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    Doesn't necessarily have to go lower per say. This rifle was built to your taste it appears, which many may not like. Keep the ad open to get a hit both here and Gunbroker. As mentioned, many people are recouping their funds due to last ban.

I like the barrel personally. Try parting out!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom