• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    After just needing 34 strokes of my thumb to scroll through a single post (#94) on my cell phone - and I have big hands - I have a new rule. More than 6 strokes of the thumb and I ignore the entire post. War and Peace like posts just don’t get the attention they deserve - for a good reason.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    After just needing 34 strokes of my thumb to scroll through a single post (#94) on my cell phone - and I have big hands - I have a new rule. More than 6 strokes of the thumb and I ignore the entire post. War and Peace like posts just don’t get the attention they deserve - for a good reason.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Could someone please explain to me why anyone would insult and denigrate ANY grassroots 2A effort?

Are people bored? Go back and see recorded proof in post 83 that I have tried to be patient with insults directed at me and other VOLUNTEERS. Only to have insults keep piling up?

Who confronts people making efforts to resist our soulless, desperate opponents?

Can someone explain this?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Based on news I received just a little while ago, I am asking for you patience for this thread derail.

One of our co-leaders in the Patriot Picket, Ed Leary, who is known to all here as EL1227, says his doctors have told him he can only expect to live a few more weeks. Ed is on home hospice at his place in Edgewater.

He really embodies the fightin' spirit in 2A. God bless him!

Would you please drop into the "Prayers For EL1227" thread to wish him the best in this time of need. Thank you so very much.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=205306

Well, that sucks.:sad20:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Some of the pants Rack wears look too big for him. :shrug:

He’d certainly attract more attention if he wore some MC Hammer pants. Dayglow orange would be ideal for grabbing attention.

I’m just sayin

This is getting sad.

The daily steroids I am compelled to take (to buffer my cancer medications) distends my abdomen, and can push my pants down.

Thanks for the fun post though.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    This is getting sad.

The daily steroids I am compelled to take to buffer my cancer medications distends my abdomen, and can push my pants down.

Thanks for the fun post though.

I’ve had bad luck with my posts for about a month now so nothing to lose. I have mentioned this to you in person so I didn’t feel bad posting it.

We should do an annual Rack Roast. ?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Could someone please explain to me why anyone would insult and denigrate ANY grassroots 2A effort?

Are people bored? Go back and see recorded proof in post 83 that I have tried to be patient with insults directed at me and other VOLUNTEERS. Only to have insults keep piling up?

Who confronts people making efforts to resist our soulless, desperate opponents?

Funny you should mention a grassroots 2A effort...While this thread was stewing in my brain while I was at work today, I have to admit I was getting a little excited about the alternative to the PP. Now, I'm not considering jumping ship (and I'm certainly not considering becoming a founder:o), but I would definitely entertain the notion of duel citizenship. ;)

How great would it be to read a headline about, "Multiple Second Ammendment Groups Assembling in Annapolis..." :party29:

If the "shortcomings" of the PP are all that are keeping some folks home, why shouldn't they get together and get out there to do it their own way? Their club, their rules. :shrug:They could wear their pants any way they wanted to and get everything else "right" as well...and still advance the cause for all of us. :mdpatriot

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I understand what pp is trying to do. but the way you guys are going about it is just plain stupid. take the fight to court if you disagree. make your voice be heard on 2a day in session. you go to these rallies and get arrested im sorry it does give me a chuckle seeing stuff like that and it makes you just as idiotic as the leftists. I have never been a fan of protesting and think its the most pointless thing in the world. the other thing I need to tell you is that not every democrat is an anti. so stop stereotyping democrats as being antigun. I didn't vote for trump because I think hes a total idiot and needs to be impeached and frankly dont understand why people are still supporting him with his cronies getting locked up one by one. but I am a firm supporter of the 2nd amendment. not all of us agree with you but we share the same common denominator. we all support the 2nd amendment.
    Is it safe assume you'll be funding this if so I totally agree

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Funny you should mention a grassroots 2A effort...While this thread was stewing in my brain while I was at work today, I have to admit I was getting a little excited about the alternative to the PP. Now, I'm not considering jumping ship (and I'm certainly not considering becoming a founder:o), but I would definitely entertain the notion of duel citizenship. ;)

How great would it be to read a headline about, "Multiple Second Ammendment Groups Assembling in Annapolis..." :party29:

If the "shortcomings" of the PP are all that are keeping some folks home, why shouldn't they get together and get out there to do it their own way? Their club, their rules. :shrug:They could wear their pants any way they wanted to and get everything else "right" as well...and still advance the cause for all of us. :mdpatriot

I like the way you think, and applaud you for making a constructive suggestion that could actually be implemented. Maybe a group that's mostly warm and fuzzy, as a counterpoint to the poignant signs of the PP? That might sound wrong or sarcastic and I don't mean it that way at all (it's hard to word it better right now), but something that would offer folks who don't like confrontation a welcoming group with whom they could stand and also demonstrate. Well done, sir! :thumbsup:

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    No worries, Zzzzzz_man.....

One year after joining MDshooters... you labelled me, and my activism, this way: "hysterical...lame-brained....old fat white guy...old enough to know better....dressed like characters from a Clockwork Orange".

Welly, welly my droogies. Seems I'm here on my oddy knocky. Must be time for some moloko plus with vellocet and some of the old in out, in out.

I’ve been trying to understand Patriot Picket for some time. So far, it’s clear that PP can be a valuable instrument in the 2A fight and for the MDS community. It also seems as if PP can be one of the MDS chair legs but that’s just me.

My biggest takeaway is how often PP discussions turn into ugly drama. Drama pushes away the most productive and creative people and attracts problems like flies to garbage. Yet, Patriot Picket discussions degenerate into pushing each other’s buttons like Trump on twitter. I understand Trumps reasons for doing it but doing it here achieves nothing and everyone loses!

If everyone is part of the program, great, help each other in a productive and inspiring manner. If you’re not, that’s ok too but you should be respectful and back off. For the Patriot Picket folks who are out there, in the streets doing it, thanks for putting your butts on the line! However, do yourselves a big favor and avoid the garbage in here!

I know my opinion doesn’t mean diddly, but I’m sure others feel the same. I also know most people won’t invest their money, time or ideas for drama. Just my 2 pennies. Peace!

Where pre tell?

I will always seek out and respect your opinions Bob A. :thumbsup:

The bold print is the crux of my concerns.

[/B]

Are we still waiting? Is this why so few others have joined in?

That must have been you(Bolded). I was referring to many of the men(as seen through the eyes of your critics). :rolleyes:

Criticism can be hard to take. I understand. Most of you have known me here for several years now. And by now you should know, this out of my character. That should also suggest to you, 'hmm, maybe something to this'.

I've been hearing a good bit of grumbling of late. Grumbling by long time members here. I took the initiative. Maybe I was unsuitable person for this, but that horse has left the barn.

:rolleyes:

Again Bob A. One for the ages.

Well I can only vouch for myself and you are correct. I have never participated. That doesn't make me blind.

My feelings are just fine. No butt-hurt what so ever. I can not say the same for some of the other participants in this thread though.

We're getting warmer...

Big egos are dangerous in certain situations. Situations where things can get out of hand real fast. I think the word you are looking for is confident.
    Some of the leaders here, I wouldn't follow out of a burning house.

Where it's safe?

I hope that is true...

Sweet Baby Jeebus! Look what the f**k I done stirred up!

I will forever keep Ed in my thoughts and prayers.

The overriding complaint I keep hearing(and have experienced first hand) is the attitudes of a few of the ranking members of this organization. It's an "If you aren't with us, you must be against us" attitude. It's the way some treat non-members of the PP. I can't understand how people within the organization haven't picked up on this. It's constant and disgusting. Pure egotistical elitism.

Secondly. I am worried about mob-mentality. Yelling back and forth across picket lines achieves nothing. Volume and vitriol has never won an argument. If this ever became part of the standard operating procedure, you'll have lost the battle of ideals. I guess I'm just not hip, but marching and chanting slogans doesn't do it for me.

Lastly, Things can go screwy in a hurry. Are you physically and mentally prepared for the worst scenario on the bricks? As things get ratcheted up, some other group, a little less scrupulous than yours decides to 'crash' your party. Got a plan?

I am at a loss.

If you don't like the PP's methods, do something yourself.

If you have problems with individuals in or leading the PP, then tell them and try to fix things.

Whatever the faults of those leading the PP (and I have had some exceptions to a few of their methods), then either try to change them or put your efforts elsewhere.

There's so much effing butthurt in this and some other threads on MDs right now. God, I feel like I'm in a Sally Jesse Raffael or Jerry Springer alternate reality.

What a bunch of crybabies and whiners.

Go enjoy your mutual appreciation society dinners and campouts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom