So what "final purchases" are you making?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I'm doing a couple/few lowers but can't afford much more right now. If I could, I'd grab an AK, a 1911 and a few more goodies. If all goes well I will be out of here in 3 years when the last kid graduates HS.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I was the same.

But, so as not to go overboard, I just bought a couple of lowers instead. Will just build them up a piece at a time.

Me too. I like my AK's and revolvers, but I just bought a lower. I may buy another JIC I like them.

I'd really like an M1A, but I have an FNAR and as I understand it, AR10's are still available after 10/1. As much as I want one, they command a pretty steep price these days, and I've blown a lot of $$$ on guns in the last 7 months so I may do without.

Overall, I'm being opportunistic. There is way more stuff that I want that will still be available after 10/1 but if I see an "evil" item for a good price, I'll buy it.

sfchoffman

Full Battle Rattle
    Feb 18, 2013
    I bought a Bushmaster XM15-E2S from a friend of a coworker, (only 10 rounds run through it so it's basically a new gun) about 2 months ago. Saturday my wife and I went to 2A Sales to buy a lower and ended up buying a Colt M4A1 that they had in stock (should have it in 30 days). I think if I get anything else, it will be a lower that I can slowly build on in the future.

Boy that co-worker will be sorry sometime down the road. Like when SHTF !

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I mailed my AK receivers back to Rifle dynamics today. . . $144 with insurance :eek: But, I figured if they get lost I am screwed so I might as well get a little extra out of it.

Anyways, they said 8-10 months until the build is complete. . . which should be right in time for my bday next year :party29:

Crap, just remembered that the AR10 I have on order comes with 20 rounders and it wont ship till WAY after Oct 1. The FFL can still receive the 20 rounders, correct? Then I can just have him ship them to a friend in VA and go and pick them up at a later date. Uggg, I guess I get to ask if they can send me the mags ASAP. . . hopefully they dont make me pay in full lol

Feb 28, 2013
    Crap, just remembered that the AR10 I have on order comes with 20 rounders and it wont ship till WAY after Oct 1. The FFL can still receive the 20 rounders, correct? Then I can just have him ship them to a friend in VA and go and pick them up at a later date. Uggg, I guess I get to ask if they can send me the mags ASAP. . . hopefully they dont make me pay in full lol

The dealer CAN ship the mags out of state. It's a question of are they willing. A1 Uniforms wouldn't do that for me. He said something about a "slippery slope". P

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    The dealer CAN ship the mags out of state. It's a question of are they willing. A1 Uniforms wouldn't do that for me. He said something about a "slippery slope". P

They are Larue OBR mags so they are rarer that diamonds with gold magically imbedded in them. . . and just as expensive. So I will fight to get my hands on them :D

Anyone know if I can take possession because they are a part of the rifle and I have a purchase order pre Oct 1? Or is that caveat just for the actual rifle but since its AR10 it doesn’t matter for the rifle itself. Yeah I am just grasping but might as well.

Last edited:

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Ok, so a year ago I didn't even think about getting an AR. I was in the Army and carried an M-16, great rifle but I didn't see anything special about it. Then I saw the upcoming election and thought "Oh, sh!t, her it comes." So, I did what any patriot would do and bought a reasonably updated musket, per the 2A, a M&P 15.

Fast forward to today, I just purchased my second lower from 2A Sales and I'm eyeing an AR in .308 (2A has a Sig 716 in stock for anyone interested.....I'm tempted)

So my final pre ban purchases are two lowers to be completed by D-Day and hopefully a .308, just in case they get banned as "Copycats" (even though there is no mil-spec version of an AR-10 style rifle).

As for pistols, I have one and that's OK for now, but I will get more. I'm kind of the opposite of most folks around here. Yes I think that the fingerprinting issue is an overreach, but I've already been fingerprinted for the military and for my Utah CCW, so I don't care about that (and I'm already on about a dozen "watch lists" so if they can't find me either I'm really good or they are miserably bad). But my main reason for getting my next pistol post ban is as an FU to MOM. I won't let his tyranny keep me from honoring and respecting the Constitution.

I grew up with guns, but was never a gun "nut," I just enjoyed shooting. MOM and his minions are a direct cause to me vowing to increase my collection over the next few years with everything I can get my hands on and afford.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    They are Larue OBR mags so they are rarer that diamonds with gold magically imbedded in them. . . and just as expensive. So I will fight to get my hands on them :D

Anyone know if I can take possession because they are a part of the rifle and I have a purchase order pre Oct 1? Or is that caveat just for the actual rifle but since its AR10 it doesn’t matter for the rifle itself. Yeah I am just grasping but might as well.

Congrats on the LaRue in the que. I would call them directly and see if they can ship you the mags prior to 10/1. I'm not sure they will but its worth a shot.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Can you have the seller/manufacturer ship the mags to somebody outside the state of Maryland and then drive there to take possession of them? If so, this seems like the smoothest way to handle this situation without any "slippery slope" being involved. I really do not think a dealer/FFL can transfer the mags to you after October 1, 2013, regardless of whether the purchase order is pre October 1, 2013. Plus, the AR-10 it not defined as an assault weapon, so it does not even fall under the purchase order exception. Lastly, the purchase order exception isn't as great as most people think. Dealers/FFL's cannot transfer any assault weapons after October 1, 2013 that are not in their possession on or before October 1, 2013. So, while SB281 says a person with a purchase order for an assault weapon dated on or before October 1, 2013 may continue to possess said assault weapon, the law does not provide a means for a dealer/FFL to receive said assault weapon after October 1, 2013 and it does not provide a means for the dealer/FFL to transfer said assault weapon if it is received after October 1, 2013 by the dealer/FFL.

Again, have the mags shipped to somebody out of state and go pick them up.

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    I refuse to apply for the handgun license if I can help it (I strongly loathe the requirement to be submitted to fingerprinting simply to be able to buy handguns). Most likely I'm stuck here another 1-2 years (I renewed my lease instead of rushing and trying to move to VA earlier than I planned because I simply didn't have the time to move while finishing my masters). Now, if I get a Baltimore City job I applied for, I may be stuck longer (it is $20K more than the VA jobs I've applied to which are themselves $20K more than I make now- it would be hard to pass up that big a pay difference), it would be near impossible to work in Balt City and live in VA. Should that happen, I may get the license (I won't go without buying handguns indefinitely, possibly for many years), but more likely, I'm leaving in 1-2 years and I can wait that long so as not to submit to the reprehensible licensing scheme.

I also have never been that into "assault" rifles. I've thought quite a bit off and on over the years about selling my AR. The semi-auto rifles that most appeal to me would not be affected (M1A, Mini-14, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine). So, there is no need to rush an assault rifle purchase, overpay due to the current demand, and then likely just end up selling it in a few years anyway.

That all said, I'm more interested in adding a handgun since I most likely won't be able to buy any more after Oct 1 until I move out of MD. So, after schools start back up and I start getting paychecks again in Sept I will buy a handgun or two from one of the dealers that are releasing on the statutory 8th day and not waiting for the MDSP background check to come back.

On my list (I'm not sure which I'll choose):
    -A 3" .327mag revolver (probably a Ruger SP101)
    -A "Cowboy Action" SA revolver (probably a Cimarron, but not necessarily)
    -A SIG P229 in .40S&W
    -A SIG P239 (undecided on caliber)
    -Another 3" .357mag (Ruger SP101, Ruger GP100, older K-frame)
    -A .22lr handgun of some kind

I have most of what I "need". I don't have a .22 handgun anymore, when I did have one I rarely shot it. If I want some changes, I have a SIG P250 (waiting to be released :( ) so I can get exchange kits for different sizes or calibers. After the law is in effect, until I'm able to move out of MD, I'll stick with buying rifles for a couple years (I've been neglecting rifle purchases for a while anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom