• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I don't need any of those scarey assault rifles. They could turn on me. I need a good, steel framed .45 pistol. Hope to get one here in the next month or two. No need or desire for an assault shotgun or SBR. But, I hope you all can get what you want before it's too late.

matt1

Feb 5, 2013
    anne arundel county md
    Ive been wondering about this subject... I dont have any AR's or Ak's or anything like that. Just hunting rifles and shotguns. Do you all really think everyone should have something like that in their collections or is it just a cool thing to have? It would be a stretch financially to pick one up. I'd like to have one but it'd basically just be a big kid toy for me.

Bravo757

Stand In The Gap
    Apr 5, 2013
    Hagerstown
    This is for matt1 - these guns can be nothing more than a big boy toy or in the hands and mind of someone that sees more clearly that they are in fact tools - serious tools with lots of different uses in any number of situations - that person understands what the job is ahead and reaches for the correct tool for the proper outcome. For instance an good solid AR with a match barrel can help win a lot of money and trophies in competition or a G.I. Issue rifle can save a soldier's life or the lives of his buddies. A bigger caliber and you can cleanly take down a deer and feed your family and the list goes on. It all about what job is to be done - oh and yeah they're HUGE FUN too - the point is in the realm of the "Black Rifle" there's a configuration, i.e., a specific tool that suits almost every situation a shooter can think of.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    A Thompson 1927A1 semi, I've wanted one since I was a kid.
    M1A, just because.
    I guess an AK, because if I don't, I'll regret it.

Many pistols.

I was grumbling about it last night. My wife told me I better buy what I want before it's too late. I so love that woman!

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    I have "bought" these although not all are in my possession. I've been looking at the Keltec KSG shotty but I'm also in the camp of "what else do I get before I can't get it". I see the AK-47 mentioned a lot.

Pistols:
    Sig 226 Elite (.40)
    Sig 1911 TacOps (.45)
    Walther PPQ M2 (.40)
    HK P30S (V3) (.40)
    FNX-45 (The day it gets approved for the roster)
    FiveSeven

Rifles:
    DPMS 5.56
    M&P 5.56
    FS2000 5.56
    SCAR 17S (.308)
    Benelli M4 tactical
    PS90

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I picked up a Camp Carbine on Gun Broker... was tricked out with a folding stock and some other extras and came with 10 17-round magazines. Was quite a deal when you figure the mags alone were probably worth $300. While I was at the gun shop arranging the FFL transfer I made an "impulse buy" of yet another M-1 Carbine (collapsible stock and vertical front grip)... really was a good price... there are still some bargains out there if you are a careful shopper and a little lucky.

Next one on my list has got to be a magazine fed semi auto 12 gauge... 1919 or Saiga.

It is definitely hunting season until September 30th.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Yep... I'm kind of on the fence about which one. 20 rounds of 12 guague is pretty cool, but that is a lot of weight pulling down the gun. 10 round stick mags may be plenty to actually try and aim with. Will see... it will probably come down to what I can find at a fair price.

Oh what the heck... maybe I'll just get 'em both :party29:

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    I probably have another 45 days on my 7 day wait to pick up my XDm 9 Compact. I've already ordered more "evil" mags.

I'd like a modern Thompson but I'm probably too late for the SBR version I'd want. A walnut stock M1A Scout and a few AR lowers would be good.

If I get a threaded barrel now for one of my pistols can I get the silencer after 10/1?

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Ive been wondering about this subject... I dont have any AR's or Ak's or anything like that. Just hunting rifles and shotguns. Do you all really think everyone should have something like that in their collections or is it just a cool thing to have? It would be a stretch financially to pick one up. I'd like to have one but it'd basically just be a big kid toy for me.

Well, I think of the AR/AK rifles like this; a different type of life insurance. Now most of us have life insurance. And we "hope" we'll never really need it. But in the remote possibility you have a posse looking to get you and your family (think like the LA riots), if you have a dozen or so guys coming toward you, would you feel better with 5 rounds from a shotgun or hunting rifle, or 20-30rds from a light weight, lower recoil, versitile tactical rifle? Mainly they are for fun, but in emergencies they can be a lifesaver, literally. I hope I'd never have to use mine in that capacity, but if the worst ever happened, I feel better going to bed at night knowing I have that option. Besides, unlike life insurance, you can't take your policy out on the weekends to clean it and play with it. There is a reason police agencies went from .38 revolvers and shotguns to higher capacity tactical pistols and semi auto carbines. I would follow there example. Do you NEED one? No. But you may never need auto or life insurance either. Just my $.02

Feb 28, 2013
    I don't NEED my Harley either.

But it's FUN!!

I'll bet those will be the next to be banned, in the name of controlling health care costs. Thank you Mr. President!!!:mad54:

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I know the responses I'll get to this comment, but I don't care. I think the people buying 3, 4, 5 or more ARs are selfish. I'm not advocating policy, and I hate that this makes me sound liberal, buy what do you really need so many ARs for? I know several people who can't afford to get even one AR due to elevated prices, and you guys aren't helping matters by hoarding these things. And don't give me "well if they wanted an AR before they should have bought one," because the same comment can be said about those who are hoarding only now when the fate has been determined. I'm not advocating that people not buy any firearms due to a rush, but buying 3+ of the same gun is dumb at this point, especially since we can't transfer them post Oct 1.

And remember, this thread's title could be changed with a referendum which would give us an extra year to save up for and buy whatever we don't have.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    And remember, this thread's title could be changed with a referendum which would give us an extra year to save up for and buy whatever we don't have.

Not likely since even if we got it to a ref, Annapolis would most likely decide the wording. Our best fight is in the courts because of the number of truly unconstitutional pieces in this bill. Barring that its elect these idiots out of office and get people in there that would repeal it via another bill.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I look at it this way. I'm buying AR15 lowers and hunting for an AR10 lower. I still want some other rifles but I still have six months to get paperwork in. As long as its in before Oct 1 I don't care about the wait.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    I know the responses I'll get to this comment, but I don't care. I think the people buying 3, 4, 5 or more ARs are selfish. I'm not advocating policy, and I hate that this makes me sound liberal, buy what do you really need so many ARs for? I know several people who can't afford to get even one AR due to elevated prices, and you guys aren't helping matters by hoarding these things. And don't give me "well if they wanted an AR before they should have bought one," because the same comment can be said about those who are hoarding only now when the fate has been determined. I'm not advocating that people not buy any firearms due to a rush, but buying 3+ of the same gun is dumb at this point, especially since we can't transfer them post Oct 1.

We each fill our toolbox with what we see fit or what we can afford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom