So is Nations Gun Show the one to go to?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    You certainly can not be talking about any vendor there wanting to do transfers of firearms to MD. No one there except for 1 dealer (who charges $100+ transfer fees) will touch a sale of a firearm to a Marylander.
    I think the operative word was "ship". If you're buying anything like a pistol or EBR, you need to have a transfer dealer in MD lined up.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Dulles sucks if you're trying to buy guns. The MD hate/fear is strong there. I'm also not usually impressed by the pricing.

OTOH, it's pretty good spot to buy common magazines. Prices for those tend not to be too nutty due to competition. Not sure how ammo is these days.

I went there looking for G3 mags, which are suppose to be cheap. I saw two different venders that wanted $20 for a G3 mag, they looked to me to be surplus. I talked one guy down from $10.95 to $8.75 a mag. Then found some beat up looking G3 mags for $6. He also had steel G3 mags for $8. Since the $8.75 aluminum mags were in better condition, I picked up 4 of those. I suppose I could have got the beaters, cleaned them up and painted them and that would have worked too.

I saw 30 round aluminum AR mags for $12, and Korean Magpul clones for $15. Looks like the Magpul mags had been sold earlier, did not see any that were reasonably priced.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    I went there looking for G3 mags, which are suppose to be cheap. I saw two different venders that wanted $20 for a G3 mag, they looked to me to be surplus. I talked one guy down from $10.95 to $8.75 a mag. Then found some beat up looking G3 mags for $6. He also had steel G3 mags for $8. Since the $8.75 aluminum mags were in better condition, I picked up 4 of those. I suppose I could have got the beaters, cleaned them up and painted them and that would have worked too.

I saw 30 round aluminum AR mags for $12, and Korean Magpul clones for $15. Looks like the Magpul mags had been sold earlier, did not see any that were reasonably priced.

I found a lot of Pmag's for 11-15, but was there at 1030 Sat. I only bought one mag, $14 for a Foliage Windowed (that's all I needed).

Sting

Member, League the Armed
    Apr 28, 2013
    Rockville
    Spent Sunday afternoon at there. Parking was hard but not impossible. Some good prices on ammunition and magazines. A great selection of handguns I could not buy, being from the PR of Md. It was good to browse. Picked up some tools and tips. The crowd and vendors were cheerful and helpful. A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom