So is Nations Gun Show the one to go to?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    As I frequently declare I am from the west coast, where gun shows are held in Football Stadiums and it takes a full day just to walk all the tables (of course half of them are dream catchers and beef jerky, but that's par for the course).

I've only hit up one show here in MD over the last 4.5 years, a small show up in York. I'd like to hit up another show, just to look around and maybe buy a few items for an AR build (unmarked upper and BCG as well as foliage furniture), but my free time is limited now that I have a kid. So I want the best bang for my buck, is Nations my best bet?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I actually think the York show is usually better. The Chantilly show is bigger, but also way more crowded and prices are usually higher. The Harrisburg show used to be pretty big, but I haven't been to it in two years.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    the nations gun show is about the only one i bother with, but York is just too far from SOMD.

its a big show, deals can be found. but sometimes you will also find dealers unfriendly to md'ers

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Dulles sucks if you're trying to buy guns. The MD hate/fear is strong there. I'm also not usually impressed by the pricing.

OTOH, it's pretty good spot to buy common magazines. Prices for those tend not to be too nutty due to competition. Not sure how ammo is these days.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Dulles is good for parts, mags, and accessories. Guns? If you're shopping for those, have a MD dealer lined up...or a C&R license in your pocket (don't leave home without one). I buy my ammo online.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    No guns for me, just parts. Maybe a 30 round P-mag in foliage (as well as a slew of other foliage green Magpul parts I need), mostly just going to get an upper/BCG w/o laser engraving (looks like Colt and Stag are my best bets (really wish PSA had clean parts).

Evil Twin

Jun 13, 2009
    Chantilly is my favorite show. York Fairgrounds is a close second, mostly because it's not as big. MD shows usually suck, well, because it's MD.

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    Do they usually have reloading supplies, especially powder and primers?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I like Chantilly, and the Oaks, PA show is usually pretty good. The March 2014 show at Oaks, PA is scheduled to be about twice the size of their other shows throughout the year. At the March show they advertise they will have 2,000 tables.

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    The big show this year will be the NRA-sponsored Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg which is supposed to happen February 1-9th. That complex is enormous and I could see that being the best show in the country.

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    I've found some good deals at Chantilly on old S&W revolvers, which is mainly what I look for. Certainly a lot more to choose from than at any other show I've been to. I haven't had a problem with the dealers not wanting to ship to MD.

You certainly can not be talking about any vendor there wanting to do transfers of firearms to MD. No one there except for 1 dealer (who charges $100+ transfer fees) will touch a sale of a firearm to a Marylander. Or maybe you are just dealing with curio and relic firearms?

That being said, I personally think it’s still the best show around if you are looking for “everything else” rather just purchasing a complete firearm. Crowds and parking can be an issue but once you figure out the optimal time to go, it makes for a very good show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom