So, did SB281 change at all on Good Friday?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    I don't think it would be retroactive. Since your issue was 10 years ago, I doubt you would see any repercussions from it. I really do think it is a stupid amendment. So many times people get charged with 2nd degree assault for a simple fist fight. Yeah, people shouldn't be fighting one another, but sometimes boys will be boys and men will be men.

You can get PBJ for traffic tickets... I haven't read that particular amendment well, but is it ANY PBJ?

We cannot answer these questions definitively until the text of the amendment is available. I addressed them the best I could, here. Delegate Simmons described it as applying to crimes of violence (see the list at that link). My guess is that it will turn out to be retroactive, because that is the way firearms disabilities generally work, at least in Maryland, but it might be prospective.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    three questions

1. Are all AK-47 variants (ak74/akm/saiga etc) banned from purchase in md after 10/1?
    2. If someone moves into the state with a banned weapon do they have to sell it before become a MD resident?
    3. What does this law do to stripped ar15 lowers

No one can definitively answer this yet... we need to see the final text.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    So basically because I had a PBJ for sec-degree assault over 10 years ago if this passes i have to give up my right?

If you have a 10 year old pbj that is expungable, I would ask why you haven't you had it expunged? Only costs about $35 filing fee and about 15 minutes of you time to fill out the paperwork. Then you wouldn't need to ever ask this question again.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    For those who keep posting perceived loopholes and omissions in this piece of crap bill, PLEASE STOP using this open forum! There's a reason football teams use a huddle to discuss strategy instead of a bull horn. This forum is a bull horn.

RedWolf762

Jan 18, 2013
    Freedom
    For those who keep posting perceived loopholes and omissions in this piece of crap bill, PLEASE STOP using this open forum! There's a reason football teams use a huddle to discuss strategy instead of a bull horn. This forum is a bull horn.

The only holes I see are the A$$holes in Annapolis that support this bill.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    And you must be very careful when you are in Annapolis. If you attempt to keep an eye on all the assholes at once, you might wrench your neck and end up in Teratos' shipping container with nurse Chad assisting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom