• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dragonfire1911

That's too bad, I didn't get to try them before they closed. I'm also from the South (SC). I haven't found a place in the area that have carolina style mustard base BBQ or the eastern NC vinegar base pulled pork. No decent Memphis ribs or Texas briskets either. Bummer.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Ok, the missus and I hit Smokin Hot in Glendale on 97. Crab dip was REALLY good, then she had two nearly perfect crab cakes, and I had a good pulled pork sandwich and fries. The mac and cheese and potato salad was good, and the corn bread also dead on. A real surprise, and the strip mall façade is misleading. Small bar area with HUGE tv and music weekends, decent sized dining area with a few booths and tables/chairs. Will definitely be heading back. Next to try, the Black Hog in Frederick...

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Black Hog in Frederick has NC-style vinegar-based. It's excellent, considering this ain't NC (sigh).
    http://blackhogbbq.com/menu.html

Love Black Hog

image-L.jpg

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    +1 for Kloby's. That's my go-to place.

Speaking of Laurel, RG's Bbq Cafe gets a lot of good press. It used to be the BBQ House but the name and menu changed when it went under new ownership.

Really? Wow, i've been to Kloby's twice and was NOT impressed either time. I have been to RG's and it was quite good. Not trying to sound like an :asshat:, but if I want really good BBQ I'll make it myself. That's not always convenient however.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I am been favoring Andy Nelson's in Cockeysville over my beloved Charcoal Deli due to cost. My meal was boarding 15 bucks at Charcoal deli for sandwich, fries, Ice-T.

For 11 bucks I get not as good pit beef, cornbread, not as good wedges, and Tea at Andy's.

I drive a hour to get pit beef once a week...really need a good place close in Carroll.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    RG's does a BBQ'd lamb shank. Succulent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      100.3 KB · Views: 63

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    YES, the Canopy, I forgot the name....well, they are not close...but they have GREAT PIT...pork, chicken, fresh cut fries, even baked potato's....I used to drive by them on the way home and stop by 1 x a week....Mmmmmmm it was heaven!! hahahahah Been eating pit beef for almost 41 yrs now.

There was this stinky little stand, that looked like it was about to fall over any minute, outside the Fairgrounds INN....which is now MICHAELS in Timonium now....and the guy was only open from like....Sept to FEB and then he packed it up....closed till next Sept. There would be lines of like 18-25 guys on football sundays....:-) Buying 2-3-4 sandwiches....MMmmm damn good!!

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I am been favoring Andy Nelson's in Cockeysville over my beloved Charcoal Deli due to cost. My meal was boarding 15 bucks at Charcoal deli for sandwich, fries, Ice-T.

For 11 bucks I get not as good pit beef, cornbread, not as good wedges, and Tea at Andy's.

I drive a hour to get pit beef once a week...really need a good place close in Carroll.

Pioneer on the corner of Rolling rd. and Jonnycake still open? That's good pit beef.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Pioneer on the corner of Rolling rd. and Jonnycake still open? That's good pit beef.

I heard of a place on Rolling just past the beltway but I do not know the name or if it's the same spot you are speaking of.

There are many "stands" on Liberty Road....I ain't eat'n at those places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom