• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    Recently picked up a Colt 6450 9mm carbine courtesy of Engage. Found some of the 32 round factory mags up in PA and headed to the range. I have never had a real issue loading mags before.. thumbs would get ate up a little, but nothing popping off a few rounds wouldn't help me forget.

Until I met these mags, I went to free-state to shoot it for the first time and was struggling just to load them. After the first two I went in to try and find a maglula loader... but they were out of stock, the guy next to me had the one I was looking for and was kind enough to let me try it. I thought the pistol version would work but it didn't.

Came home and did a little looking and sure enough they make one specifically for these mags. It just came in today and I tried it out. Works perfectly. It even locks on to the mag so you dont have to keep pressing down.

If you have one of the Colt 9mm Carbines, I Highly recommend the MagLula for it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks for the tip. In the process of building one that takes the colt mags.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    i love my 9mm ar lula, i got to get some metal 32's at next pa show. i have some 25's but they just don't cut it.

btw i have a mag lula for every caliber i own:thumbsup:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    SCAR, while I understand the pain of sten mags, you haven't lived (or suffered) til you have had the experience of loading twenty or so PPSH 41 mags....come by one night and I'll let you try them, just to spread the pain around.

as to the OPs experience, I shoot a similar weapon and I was introduced to the ease of Cammenga loaders by other machine gunners. I love them. I have them for the Colt mags, MP5 mags, AK47, and M16. Could not ask for better. the only Lula product I'm totally sold on is their UP Lula pistol loader. Makes the 33 rnd glock mags a breeze (at 900rpm the damn gun eats them way faster than we can load them, even with the UP Lula). If you get a chance, try the Cammenga loader. Oh, and a tip on the Colt mags, I very carefully cleaned up the bottoms of the mag lips with some fine sandpaper and they don't tear up brass as bad.

HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    as to the OPs experience, I shoot a similar weapon and I was introduced to the ease of Cammenga loaders by other machine gunners. I love them. I have them for the Colt mags, MP5 mags, AK47, and M16. Could not ask for better. the only Lula product I'm totally sold on is their UP Lula pistol loader. Makes the 33 rnd glock mags a breeze (at 900rpm the damn gun eats them way faster than we can load them, even with the UP Lula). If you get a chance, try the Cammenga loader. Oh, and a tip on the Colt mags, I very carefully cleaned up the bottoms of the mag lips with some fine sandpaper and they don't tear up brass as bad.

Ill have to check out the mag lip to see if it needs some sanding. I cant imagine something working better than the lula on these mags... certainly not enough to warrant buying another, but I would be interested in seeing it work.

Now if I can just find some factory mags...

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    I have the Maglula for my 6450 and it loads my Mags fast and easy. Good thing because that gun eats ammo quickly - it is so fun to shoot. A favorite when I take newbies shooting and they want the AR experience at a pistol caliber-only range. The only applicable gun I have without a Maglula is my Fal but it is easy to load by hand or with stripper clips.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Recently picked up a Colt 6450 9mm carbine courtesy of Engage. Found some of the 32 round factory mags up in PA and headed to the range. I have never had a real issue loading mags before.. thumbs would get ate up a little, but nothing popping off a few rounds wouldn't help me forget.

Until I met these mags, I went to free-state to shoot it for the first time and was struggling just to load them. After the first two I went in to try and find a maglula loader... but they were out of stock, the guy next to me had the one I was looking for and was kind enough to let me try it. I thought the pistol version would work but it didn't.

Came home and did a little looking and sure enough they make one specifically for these mags. It just came in today and I tried it out. Works perfectly. It even locks on to the mag so you dont have to keep pressing down.

If you have one of the Colt 9mm Carbines, I Highly recommend the MagLula for it.

I second that! Those mags are the worst. I don't even bother trying to load past about 25. I have a Maglula on backorder as we speak. Glad to hear it will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom