• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Its running faster now for some reason :thumbsup:

I guess my computer is finally realizing how hard headed I am and I wont give up on trying to access MDS :rolleyes:

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I will unplug my modem for a week when I go on vacation and hope for a new IP. Until then, I guess I'll have to use a proxy. If anyone can unblock my actual address, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: scratch that. Apparently the San Diego Unified School District doesn't restrict MDS, but restricts just about everything else. :(

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Anyone know how to get a new IP address on a FiOS modem? I was going to unplug it overnight and see if that does the trick. Is resetting the IP address on a fios modem more involved than that?

My home network has been blocked for 4 days I can only use the 3G Verizon wireless network on my phone.

Sent from crapatalk.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I'm using this proxy server:

port 8080

Fine to access this site, but its not secure so I don't use it for other browsing. Changing your IP is a PITA and there's no telling how long your lease is. If Cloudflare has blocked a wide range, you may never get back on.

I'm hoping that one of the Admins will add my real address to a safe list.

necrodude

Aug 22, 2012
    PG county, MD
    I'm using this proxy server:

port 8080

Fine to access this site, but its not secure so I don't use it for other browsing. Changing your IP is a PITA and there's no telling how long your lease is. If Cloudflare has blocked a wide range, you may never get back on.

I'm hoping that one of the Admins will add my real address to a safe list.
    I hope this isn't true because right now all I can do is get on it on my phone. That would suck big time because I'm on this site all the time.:sad20:

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Yup. Don't expect very much traffic on it though. It won't be very active unless something big happens to MDS... Try starting a cop bashing thread over there. Maybe everybody's spidey senses will start tingling and come running to it.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I think that some of you are being auto added to the firewall. Some browsers make a ton of simultaneous connections and it triggers the script that is in place to stop DDOS attacks. I'm on travel and busy so I haven't had much time to deal with this unfortunately, but I've just informed my host and hopefully we will find a solution soon.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I think that some of you are being auto added to the firewall. Some browsers make a ton of simultaneous connections and it triggers the script that is in place to stop DDOS attacks. I'm on travel and busy so I haven't had much time to deal with this unfortunately, but I've just informed my host and hopefully we will find a solution soon.

I can buy that...

I have a PC that my son anf his girlfriend used to use last summer, and I'm STILL trying to clean off all the popups and ad crap that got added on. Problem is, that's my evening-use machine.

i wouldn't be surprised if that earned me a timeout.

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    Looking forward to this being cleared up. Right now I can turn off my phone's wi-fi and get on the site, but my home computer network is blocked out. :-(

Gundahar

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    WooHoo!!

I'm BACK b****es!! Home internet is hooking back up!!

Thank you DD214, I was going through withdraw bad. I had the shakes from lack of MDS.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm moving as fast as 3 Chipotle burritos and a bottle of prune juice.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    Seems faster now...must have been on my end.

I'm moving as fast as 3 Chipotle burritos and a bottle of prune juice.

a_ldisgust_0604.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom