• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I sent him the following link with the following message: "FYI. http://www.mosinnagant.net/global%20mosin%20nagants/Chinese-T53Carbine.asp"

He changed his listing to a Chinese copy of a Mosin-Nagant Type 53. Almost there ...http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=450620055

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they rare? If so I have two. Am I rich?

Looks like a well used and abused 1920's Lithgow that was refurbed (FTR'd) in the 40's that the seller is trying to trump up as some kind of "super rare, awesome, one of a kind sniper rifle".

He even uses regular parts of standard No.1 Mk. III rifles and tries to make it seem like they are added improvements that didn't already exist. He states, "Lithgow modified the rifle from the receiver up...iron sight protectors (wings), detachable magazine, and a full wood frame covering the barrel for added stability". I also see no "scope mounts" on the receiver. "Octagon bull barrel" and a "spring loaded bolt" (C'mon, really?!). This guy is either as stupid as he sounds, or is really hoping to catching a sucker with a large bank account.

I hear the Australians are such great shots, they don't need scopes.

In fact, they don't need rifles. So they gave them all to the government.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I have a genuine Chinese paratrooper SKS, probably used in combat when the Chinese invaded Pearl Harbor. Will sell for $2235.07

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    I also know nothing about Enfields but looking at that thing it seems that some of the wood on the upper part of the stock must be just lying on there. I can't figure out how they are secured. Especially that bit that seems to be hacked out around the "octagonal" barrel just fwd of the rcvr.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Besides the fact that I'm pretty sure this one's faked . . .

".. here's a very nice antique Mauser / Argentine 1891 model ... I list it as a "parade rifle" because all of the hardware has been nickle plated (ages ago) / cleaning rod / barrel rings / sling swivels / butte plate / bolt / bullet magazine / trigger guard / bolt release ... ALL nickled ... the nickle plating shows age here and there ... but overall ... GREAT COND"

pix892951556.jpg

pix665950660.jpg

pix191118647.jpg

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I can't find the posting now, but there was one recently for a Sistema that read, "This one is still in its original phosphate finish!"

:lol:

I was telling my wife last night (who really doesn't give two sh*ts about my love affair with guns) that gun sales are probably the most overlooked "consumer" transaction from a consumer protection standpoint, and that so much fraud takes place that it's not funny.

Feb 28, 2013
    I have a genuine Chinese paratrooper SKS, probably used in combat when the Chinese invaded Pearl Harbor. Will sell for $2235.07

I have an original Romanian made AK-47 that a German soldier carried when they marched across the border into Canada in 1912.:innocent0

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I suspect that a metal detector was involved in locating that one--or it was found under fresh water. A bit of electrolysis and conservation might turn it into a nice display piece.

You know I cobbled together a reverse galvanic cell out of AC-to-DC phone chargers and the magnetite that replaces the rust is just beautiful.

If you could find a way to get an electrode into the mag well without it touching the piece, that SMG would probably be a GREAT display piece after it was done.

For reference, that magnetite coating soaks up oil like YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE. Like even better than parkerizing, and it's almost impossible to get out once it's in the metal, even if you buff most of the magnetite off. I say this because after like seven hours you're going to take the piece out, see that it looks pretty nice, and want to see how it looks oiled up, figuring that you can just strip off the oil with solvents afterward.

DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE, it is nearly impossible to get the metal to etch any further once oil permeates that black coating. No current will run through the piece into your galvanic fluid, and your cathode will not react at all because no net current will be acting on it.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Looks like a well used and abused 1920's Lithgow that was refurbed (FTR'd) in the 40's that the seller is trying to trump up as some kind of "super rare, awesome, one of a kind sniper rifle".

He even uses regular parts of standard No.1 Mk. III rifles and tries to make it seem like they are added improvements that didn't already exist. He states, "Lithgow modified the rifle from the receiver up...iron sight protectors (wings), detachable magazine, and a full wood frame covering the barrel for added stability". I also see no "scope mounts" on the receiver. "Octagon bull barrel" and a "spring loaded bolt" (C'mon, really?!). This guy is either as stupid as he sounds, or is really hoping to catching a sucker with a large bank account.

BUT DON'T YOU REALIZE THE FRONT SIGHT POST HAS WINGS?!?!?! THIS IS A VALUE BEYOND COMPARE!

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    What I really like is how one of the pictures is of the rollmarks on the slide....WHICH SAYS "Fabrica por HAFDASA" clear as day.

Which tells you what? It could have come from Colt in Hartford. Presumably you know most were made in Argentina using equipment purchased from Colt, under license agreement with Colt? Or are we selectively ignoring that history to prove some goofy point?

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

He was being sarcastic. The seller has it listed as an FN-made handgun. He knows that it's an Argentine gun.

Which tells you what? It could have come from Colt in Hartford. Presumably you know most were made in Argentina using equipment purchased from Colt, under license agreement with Colt? Or are we selectively ignoring that history to prove some goofy point?

Umm ... it's the Sistema that was made under Colt license, with Colt equipment, etc.

The Ballester had no connection to Colt. It wasn't even a Colt copy--more of a Star clone.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I have an original Romanian made AK-47 that a German soldier carried when they marched across the border into Canada in 1912.:innocent0

I have a similar rifle, but mine has been arsenal refurbished to the hyper-rare TAPCO configuration, used by only the most elite German/Romanian/Chinese sniper commando medic paratrooper MMA fighters. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom