• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Ideas are being taken from this website by the opposition. They will close any loopholes they can find. Please do not post about what will not be banned, or you will find it soon will be banned! Talk to you local gun shop in private about anything you want to purchase :)

Make no mistake about it – the violation of your 2A rights does not stop with this bill. They want confiscation, and not just rifles!

Agreed in principle. It is sad we have to call our constitutional rights loopholes these days.

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    There is a vetting process already in place. There are those who have been on the board for a while, there are those that meet outside of the forum and there those who have been lurking and reading for years and now becoming more and more active.

We have met face to face, we have talked about what is happening, we have planned our next steps in the lunch room at the House Office Building. Vetting takes place in person with people we can trust have our best intentions and the issues of this fight. After that it is only people that are KNOWN to those doing the vetting.

just a thought.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    :innocent0What loopholes???? this bill is airtight, rock solid, it completely destroys the right of legal gun owners to own any and all firearms in MD...:innocent0

This bill is a dog's breakfast, written by people who have no idea what they're talking about. Sadly, we spent time and effort in attempting to educate them, only to have them use us unmercifully.

This is not the end of the process by any means. This is the initial shock to the hornet's nest they smacked with a legislative stick.

scottymd

Mar 2, 2013
    MoCo Ag zone
    In a week it won't matter and we should share all of our ideas in the open for the good of all of us. I think though if they have been lurking here to get our secrets they would have closed all of the existing loopholes from previous legislation and I haven't seen much of that at this point. For now keep on fighting the good fight!

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Point is that it is not to a great idea to post up things like:
    I will just do X to get around law wording X. Can't believe they missed that...
    All they have to do is X, and that gives them a ban on X.
    They didn't ban X, so that is good.

Not saying to crawl into a hole and hide :)

Feb 28, 2013
    There is a vetting process already in place. There are those who have been on the board for a while, there are those that meet outside of the forum and there those who have been lurking and reading for years and now becoming more and more active.

Do people identify themselves that meet from here?

People's online persona's tend to be different than their real ones. Theoritically there could be 2 guys that had a big battle on here about whatever. Than they meet FTF, each not knowing who the other is yet and get along great, only to have that fly out the window once they reveal their respective handles.

scottymd

Mar 2, 2013
    MoCo Ag zone
    No worries TopShelf this whole thing scares the hell out of all of us and it won't hurt to chill on the loophole discussions for a week or two.

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County

People's online persona's tend to be different than their real ones. Theoritically there could be 2 guys that had a big battle on here about whatever. Than they meet FTF, each not knowing who the other is yet and get along great, only to have that fly out the window once they reveal their respective handles.

I know the times I was in Annapolis people who had MDS pins would identify themselves and then say their screen names. Some even wrote their screen names on name tags. SO yes we have done that.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I am not on the "in" on what is to be kept confidential. I hope I have not sunk any ships with my posts. Is there any way to do like the gubment does and put CONFIDENTIAL or TOP SECRET on the top and bottom of stuff that we should not be blabbing about?

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011

Look at what the Czar & his henchmen have accomplished so far this session:

Windmills, Drivers Licenses for Illegals, Additional Funding for Baltimore City Schools, Additional Gas Taxes

Sergeant Preston,

You forgot repeal of death penalty. :sad20:

It's been a good year for criminals.

Mobile

Dec 30, 2011
    Honestly, I'm starting to think that a government this evil, dishonest, dysfunctional, incompetent and stupid shouldn't have the power to impose death.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Thats fine. Then we dont have to worry about msp, nfa, blah blah blah. Well just go to Baltimore, PG, or DC and pick up some cheaper guns from the friendly neighborhood drug dealer. I mean, we are being made into criminals. However as we see with the laws, the bad criminals go free usually. So we will be able to do what we please, without consequence. Your morals will be the only thing holding you back from being a gun owner. Thats the way to get through MD

Hmmm... Good idea. Wonder if the Boyz in da Hood can get me a Perazzi? Four barrel set would be nice.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    I think the 8.98mm x 78mm lead covered ice bullet slipped through also, along with its dedicated sniper shot gun. Even so, I ordered one yesterday in case they realize their error.

STFU!!!

Jeez, next you'll be blabbing about automatic transaxles.

:lol2:

Agreed in principle. It is sad we have to call our constitutional rights loopholes these days.

Yep! Situation is F* up

No worries TopShelf this whole thing scares the hell out of all of us and it won't hurt to chill on the loophole discussions for a
    week or two.

:)

Started to multi-quote from more in this thread to say "agree", but this post would be 3 pages long if I did...

I will say that Dumias sounded calculated at times last night. They had a specific agenda, and had no problem re-counting votes to make sure only that agenda was met. Grrrrrrr. I caution not to underestimate them.

We lost a battle last night, but not the war :) They will be waging more offensive attacks, which is of concern to me. Some very clearly want all-out bans and confiscation, and they want it to be effective immediately! They seem to be taking a bit more of a boiling frog approach, but a very very aggressive one!

As for tactics and workarounds, sadly we can’t openly discuss them on a publicly accessible forum...

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County

That is not my experience here. We have been having pretty regular meet ups here in Carroll County since I joined 4 years ago. I have had many FTF meetings and if nothing else the people I've met seem to be very much the same in person as they are online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom