• ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    You’ll like it.
    I think I will

I have watched a lot of videos and they are surprisingly clear as long as they have good ir illumination, or so if seems and I can’t wait to find out

Next on my wish list is a thermal. Maybe a wraith mini or a rattler. They both look like they could do double duty as scopes and hand held scanners.

Now the wait begins for the wraith hd lol

And thanks!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I think I will

I have watched a lot of videos and they are surprisingly clear as long as they have good ir illumination, or so if seems and I can’t wait to find out

Next on my wish list is a thermal. Maybe a wraith mini or a rattler. They both look like they could do double duty as scopes and hand held scanners.

Now the wait begins for the wraith hd lol

And thanks!
    Well it’s here

I will say it’s pretty cool from the 5 minutes I have fooled with it

I got the 4x and I am second guessing myself on that but I will see one evening this week if i like it when I have time to get out on some field edges

But so far I am tickled pink

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Well it’s here

I got the 4x and I am second guessing myself on that but I will see one evening this week if i like it when I have time to get out on some field edges

That’s awesome!! I may need to dip my toe into the NV world.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    That’s awesome!! I may need to dip my toe into the NV world.
    It’s actually amazing

I know it’s just digital night vision but it is cool

Now I need a thermal and some NOD’s and a new varmint rifle and I was thinking for small critters s 22 mag with a matching pistol …..

I may have a problem lol

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    It’s actually amazing

I know it’s just digital night vision but it is cool

Now I need a thermal and some NOD’s and a new varmint rifle and I was thinking for small critters s 22 mag with a matching pistol …..

I may have a problem lol

If you give a mouse a cookie…:D

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    I've been considering buying one like the wrath. I just want it to play around with for plinking at night suppressed when it gets warmer. When I researched the digital NV scopes, most of the negative comments come from the tactical preppers because the illuminator would give you away to people with real NV but I don't plan on going to war in my backyard so that's not really a concern. The other issues always had to do with updating it which I don't feel like dealing with.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I've been considering buying one like the wrath. I just want it to play around with for plinking at night suppressed when it gets warmer. When I researched the digital NV scopes, most of the negative comments come from the tactical preppers because the illuminator would give you away to people with real NV but I don't plan on going to war in my backyard so that's not really a concern. The other issues always had to do with updating it which I don't feel like dealing with.
    Yeah I also am not worrying about someone with nod’s seeing my ir light mostly because I don’t know anyone with nod’s and i wouldn’t care if I did and they saw me because I can’t even imagine how that would happen lol. I don’t know anything about updating, I did see a couple videos about updating some thermals but since I am now in the “market” for a thermal I guess I should figure out this updating thing.

I tried the new wraith out for a few minutes this evening and it doesn’t fail to impress

Now I need to mount it to something, one of the ar’s for now I rekon but I am not sure which but I want something dedicated for it soon in the future

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    The QD base ($50 from Sightmark) works well and is useful if you want to move the Wraith to different rifles. The Wraith can store 5 different zeros. The "one-shot" zero function is pretty nice, too.

I use a Wraith HD on my 450 Bushmaster AR for shooting subs, and remove it for shooting supers (using BUIS). The Wraith is rated for .308 recoil, and 450B supers may exceed that. I've shot a few supers with it attached with no ill effects, but don't make a habit of it. And that was before I removed the muzzle brake from my 450B.

Since you can't put a scope cover on the rubber eyepiece, I use a Ziplock with a slider closure to keep dust off the display when not in use.

I use NiMH batteries in mine. They provide hours of operation and don't leak acid or alkaline like disposable batteries are wont to do.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Well it’s here

I knew you’d like it. You don’t need the quick mount. It is one. Welcome to the dark side

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom