Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    IMG_9080.png

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    It’s probably worth $350 to some. It’s basically a digital camera with low light sensitivity in the IR range. They attach a few IT LED’s and. You have poor man’s NV. My guess is that you will not be able to see clearly past 25-30yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They suck.

Go big or go home.

For the money, though, it’s probably not terrible.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    It’s probably worth $350 to some. It’s basically a digital camera with low light sensitivity in the IR range. They attach a few IT LED’s and. You have poor man’s NV. My guess is that you will not be able to see clearly past 25-30yds.

I’m not going to buy one but it doesn’t sound too bad for the money, the reviews I’ve seen aren’t bad. It would be good to put on a .22 and blast rats at night, where visibility without it would be 0 yards (the video I posted shows what it looks like at 75 yards). Obviously it’s not the quality of a multi thousand dollar optic which is reflected in the low price.

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    I’ve got one on one of the ARs. If you’re deep in woods it’s damn near useless. Get some space between yourself and up close objects and it’s alright……but it’s also 4x minimum…….so no duh. I’ve gone out several times now with it at night and can see 100yards out just fine. I’m hitting thick trees by that point on my property 360 degrees, so beyond that is a non issue for me. I’ve taken out to a neighbors farm field just for playing with the settings, and can see beyond 150 yards.It's a working mans NV that fits the bill. It works, it holds zero since I use it in the day as well, so it does get used as a day scope on this one. You can program it for different rifles and bullet weights etc,if you get a Qd mount. I know another with the same, and has taken countless nighttime predators. Is it the best? No of course not. Is it better than not having NV at all, since for so many,NV is typically out of reach cost wise? In my opinion, absolutely.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Isn’t Chyna supposed to be cloning all the NV and thermal stuff Biden left in Afghanistan? Hurry up with that!

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Isn’t Chyna supposed to be cloning all the NV and thermal stuff Biden left in Afghanistan? Hurry up with that!

They already are. You can find PVS14 knockoffs with Chinese grade intensifier tubes for around $1500. They will be the equivalent of U.S. Gen2 green phosphor tubes.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015

Well, you are absolutely wrong. I have one and I can see 600 yards, could make a shot at 300, and regularly practice NV with my 22 at 200 yards. It will blow your mind. Now I paid 500 for mine in 2020. Is this one a factory 2nd, I don’t know. But I HIGHLY recommend to anyone interested in less that 300 yard NV shooting.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Well, you are absolutely wrong. I have one and I can see 600 yards, could make a shot at 300, and regularly practice NV with my 22 at 200 yards. It will blow your mind. Now I paid 500 for mine in 2020. Is this one a factory 2nd, I don’t know. But I HIGHLY recommend to anyone interested in less that 300 yard NV shooting.

I stand corrected. I’m not saying it’s a bad deal at $350. I’m just surprised you can see that far. These are not factory seconds, they look like maybe a PSA overstock special. I’m going to be down in Savannah in a few days, maybe I’ll convince my son in-law to take me over to the PSA store and check it out.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Nice. The internet reviews that I’ve seen are quite good.

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    Now I’m going to have to go back out with the rangefinder and check distance as far as I can positively confirm. Hadn’t considered further, at the time I confirmed I could see within the realm of my personal properties shot distances.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I stand corrected. I’m not saying it’s a bad deal at $350. I’m just surprised you can see that far. These are not factory seconds, they look like maybe a PSA overstock special. I’m going to be down in Savannah in a few days, maybe I’ll convince my son in-law to take me over to the PSA store and check it out.

I think these may be discounted because this is the HD model and Sightmark has now come out with more compact 4K models.

For those concerned that 4x is too much magnification, they also have 3-24x and 2-16x models. Note that on all models, any "magnification" above the base number is digital zoom.

I think the limiting factor on how far you can see with these is the ir illuminator. It's not bad, but it's not the most powerful. It is also detachable, so you can use your own, more powerful illuminator, such as a Uniquefire ir flashlight with a picatinny mount.

One thing I like about the Wraith is that it uses 4 AA batteries (I use NiMH rechargeables in mine). This seems like older technology than the internal Lithium Ion battery used in the ATN X-Sight, it's direct competitor. But since all batteries eventually fail, the Wraith seems more user serviceable to me. The Wraith's illuminator uses a CR123. These are kinda expensive, another argument for a separate illuminator like the Uniquefire 1508, which uses 1-2 rechargeable 18650 Li-ion batteries.

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    So ultimately we have real world MDS’rs using the sightmark. China nv being mentioned also, so I’ll throw this out there. My wife ordered a nv monocular and bino, from that temu site. She said they were around 30 bucks. I tried them out 2 nights ago, and for something just to give you eyes at night, they actually worked very good. The monocular is not much bigger than a run of the mill rangefinder, so will easily fit in a cargo pocket or pack, and go unnoticed. I assumed like any of us would, that they’d be total garbage……but dammit these little ching chow things ain’t too shabby for a cheap set of nighttime eyes

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    I think these may be discounted because this is the HD model and Sightmark has now come out with more compact 4K models.

For those concerned that 4x is too much magnification, they also have 3-24x and 2-16x models. Note that on all models, any "magnification" above the base number is digital zoom.

I think the limiting factor on how far you can see with these is the ir illuminator. It's not bad, but it's not the most powerful. It is also detachable, so you can use your own, more powerful illuminator, such as a Uniquefire ir flashlight with a picatinny mount.

One thing I like about the Wraith is that it uses 4 AA batteries (I use NiMH rechargeables in mine). This seems like older technology than the internal Lithium Ion battery used in the ATN X-Sight, it's direct competitor. But since all batteries eventually fail, the Wraith seems more user serviceable to me. The Wraith's illuminator uses a CR123. These are kinda expensive, another argument for a separate illuminator like the Uniquefire 1508, which uses 1-2 rechargeable 18650 Li-ion batteries.
    Thanks for that info. I hadn’t thought about swapping out the IR. I do get free batteries though,so that helps. But a brighter IR might be nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom