• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Got back late Monday (in the snow "event") - here's a couple of pics. Daughter got this on a "Spot and Stalk" and had the patience of Job as we were tracking in the woods for just over 3 hours before she could get a good, clean shot. The most impressive part of the trip was that she passed on a VERY large sow and a large boar because she did not have a good shot the evening before while in a stand. Very proud of her discipline and focus for 10 years old.

She used the "House Gun" - a Bob Hart custom rifle in 7mm-08 built for the young hunter in mind.

The last pics is her with the guide - Ronnie Miller. She and Ronnie became great buds as she reminded him of his daughter when she first went hog hunting.

She took the shot in pine woods at about 40 yards. 1 shot between the eyes. She is getting it processed in all sausage except for a few chops, per her request, and getting the hide tanned to hang in her room.

A great Daughter/Daddy weekend!

Well done!!!!!!!

Congrats to your daughter, for a fine hunt and trophy!

Congrats to YOU, for giving your daughter the opportunity!!!!!! (Just remember, they won't be young, forever.)

Well done. Well done, indeed!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Seagrave1963,

Awesome story and what a great way to spend time with your daughter. Congrats to her as well. I may have to set something up like this for my daughter and I to do.

SgtKope

Nov 7, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    Glad I could put that gun in your hands. I only had 22 rounds through it but I know it shot a .75 MOA group, so I know it is capable. Not sure if you hand load but I bet a 155gr Lapua over varget would be a winner in that rifle.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Glad I could put that gun in your hands. I only had 22 rounds through it but I know it shot a .75 MOA group, so I know it is capable. Not sure if you hand load but I bet a 155gr Lapua over varget would be a winner in that rifle.

Have not gotten into reloading yet but this rifle gives me the urge to make the leap. Have really enjoyed this rifle and thankful that you allowed me to get it. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom