• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    I have an opportunity to purchase a P226 Tactical Operations 9mm this weekend, and I'm interested in hearing the opinions of those with more experience than me. Other than the cost being prohibitive, and the SRT and slightly longer barrel a positive (in my eye), what are the +/- of this model. Any and all input welcome, and thank you in advance.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Finding ammo for it. :) This could easily be the gun if you had to choose only "1 pistol for the rest of your life to own" pistol. Get it and NEVER get rid of it.

aethyr

May 19, 2011
    Middle River, MD
    Well, if you decide not to purchase it can I buy it instead? :)

If both of you decide not to purchase it can i buy it instead? :)

The Sig P226 in any configuration is an exceptional firearm.

The standard Sig DA/SA trigger system is different, but not complicated.
    If everything else you own is a Glock, this will be a difference, but not a drawback.

hishaun84

Designated MD Collector
    Oct 18, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Finding ammo for it. :) This could easily be the gun if you had to choose only "1 pistol for the rest of your life to own" pistol. Get it and NEVER get rid of it.

This. You will NEVER regret this purchase. I'll even guarantee it. If you don't like it I'll buy it from you ;)

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's

Again....THIS!
    I carried a P-226 and a P228 when Active Duty and loved both. Bear in mind there is no perfect gun that works for everyone. But if there was, I'd put money on this one or a 1911 of course.

Sigman65

Jan 13, 2013
    I am less experienced than most, but during my nearly one year decision process having shot numerous full size 9mm models, I just found the P226 had a more consistent trigger pull and felt best in my hand. I have had my P226 Tactical Ops for about 6 weeks and have fired 600-700 rounds without a single FTE/FTF and I love it. Just wish ammo was cheaper and more readily available. Four 20 round mags doesn't hurt either.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Its junk and useless, you screwed up...dont worry though, ive been looking for one for a paper weight so ill give you $5 for it...

Seriously though, i had a sig 226 combat tb...sold it to buy a sgl21, and honestly i regret it sometimes...their great pistols, you will not regret owning it

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Buy it before someone else does. It's not cheap, but it's worth every penny.

The package is exceptional. The trigger has an unusually fast reset for a DA/SA gun, and the break is clean. In SA, it's a perfect weight pull for both defense and target shooting IMO. The sights are exceptional, and the gun is 'fast'. By that I mean you can shoot, recover, and follow-up faster, which is a huge defensive advantage. And like all 226s in 9mm, the felt recoil is a LOT less than many other firearms...and the recovery is a lot faster.

The longer barrel is a plus if you don't need compact. I tested most of the common .38 JHPs with a 2.25 barrel and found that virtually none expanded to an acceptable size and none met FBI penetration standards. When I tested the LE-grade Federal (Tactical Hydra-Shok and HST), Speer (Gold Dot), and Winchester (Ranger T and Ranger Bonded) loads in 5.5 inch 1911, I found that they expanded beyond what the manufacturer stated with equal or greater penetration. So I've come to settle on longer barrels whenever possible. Also, you will probably find the longer slide makes it easier to sight up a target, and the sights on the Tac Op is simply awesome.

You will love it.

sigdad

Jan 5, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    I have a P226 TAC Ops in .40 waiting for "not disapproved" and I can hardly wait. Only another couple of weeks...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom