• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Been EDC’ing a 365 X-Macro Comp for more than a few months now, as an overall package, I generally have been pretty happy with it. Good size, capacity, and fits my hand just right.

Few hundred rounds down the pipe, and it’s gotten a bit better/smoother - but I still wasn’t in love with the trigger - fair amount of pre-travel, bit of a lumpy rolling break, 5.6/5.8lbs pull, noticeable over-travel/let out to reset. (I’m admittedly a trigger snob, and those who have shot my previous EDC gun, can attest to my personal preference/standards.)

So, after a little deliberation and looking at the options, I got the kit from Tactical Trigger LLC, took care of the install after work tonight - and damn.

Total trigger movement is reduced to noticeably - and now that I understand how they achieved this, I can dial out even more pre-travel, if I wanted to.

Have to measure the pull still, but I’m safely ballparking it in the 4.1 to 4.7lbs range. After some dry fire, shooting from reset should be amazing (just relax the trigger finger and the trigger return spring does the rest). I’m genuinely excited to get this on the range now.

Most pain in the ass part of the install is the sear control spring (they give you 3 different ones to achieve the desired break and account for manufacturing variances). The pre and over travel shims are criminally simple (in hindsight, I could have made my own). Modified cover plate was included.

So, I can say that if you’re thinking about upgrading your 365’s trigger - for under $115 shipped, it’s a great option (I already had the flat face trigger, so I didn’t opt for that option).

Last edited:

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    IMO a striker-fire pistol should have plenty of pre-travel, because that's all you have for a 'safety'.
    Yes, don’t understand a light trigger on a carry gun.

If you ever need to use it you are not going to notice the trigger weight.

Buy a second one if you want to build a target pistol.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My pistols come with triggers, I don't need to spend 100 bucks for another one lol
    Personally, I'd love a trigger with 2 inches of travel and 20 pounds so I can carry it without a holster :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My pistols come with triggers, I don't need to spend 100 bucks for another one lol
    Personally, I'd love a trigger with 2 inches of travel and 20 pounds so I can carry it without a holster :)
    I’m triggered by this.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Personal preferences, I guess.
    IMO a striker-fire pistol should have plenty of pre-travel, because that's all you have for a 'safety'.
    Ed, I respect you and your opinion, and I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you.

If I put a piece of tape on the trigger guard and mark my travel and measure using the bottom of the trigger shoe - I have 8.5mm of total travel with 5.5mm being pre-travel.

For me, I’m comfortable with that.

Last edited:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Just funning.

I'm more interested in the flat trigger. I know many here have made that upgrade.

Tell me why I should install the flat trigger.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just funning.

I'm more interested in the flat trigger. I know many here have made that upgrade.

Tell me why I should install the flat trigger.
    Mine already had the flat face trigger, for me it’s just a preference over the curved face.

I don’t know how to really quantify the difference to you, but after handling so many of the 365’s - I feel more comfortable and confident about my trigger press with the flat face compared to the curved. I find it easier to replicate my finger placement and pressure with the flat face.

Last edited:

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Mine already had the flat face trigger, for me it’s just a preference over the curved face.
    Overall, how difficult was the install? I have a co-worker with a 365 and she isn't thrilled with the trigger. I've looked at that kit but have been hesitant about getting it for her. I've never messed with the Sigs.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Overall, how difficult was the install? I have a co-worker with a 365 and she isn't thrilled with the trigger. I've looked at that kit but have been hesitant about getting it for her. I've never messed with the Sigs.
    Hardest part is the sear control spring, the yt install video didn’t get the best angle to show me what was happening, that’s what took the most time.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Hardest part is the sear control spring, the yt install video didn’t get the best angle to show me what was happening, that’s what took the most time.

Could you add a better explanation in the comments to the video?

I found a helpful video showing a better way to replace the starter in a Hyundai, but it started part way into the process, and wasn't clear on some parts. I added a long comment clarifying those points, and the guy who made the original video thanked me, as did several other people

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Could you add a better explanation in the comments to the video?

I found a helpful video showing a better way to replace the starter in a Hyundai, but it started part way into the process, and wasn't clear on some parts. I added a long comment clarifying those points, and the guy who made the original video thanked me, as did several other people
    I made a remark on their detailed install video, seems a few others had too.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    To their credit, they responded almost immediately and said they’d be doing dedicated videos of each stage of the installation provided YouTube doesn’t pull them down.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If need be, I am happy to assist you with it if she greenlights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom