Shotgun In The Trunk - How Much Trouble Will I Get In To?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    They can't, because there is none.

OP, also bear in mind any local ordinances. Baltimore, Rockville, and Leonardtown are the three cities in Maryland that have casing ordinances. while the penalties may not be heavy, you will still lose your gun.

Never heard such a thing for Leonardtown. You have a link?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IIRC unless the law is grandfathered, state preemption applies. 4-209. Leonardtown's statute would create an inconsistency.

But iANAL.

Attachments

• leonardtown.jpg
      leonardtown.jpg
      15.9 KB · Views: 580

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Recommended AR soft case carriers? Not a fan of the hardshell case mine came with. I know there are bazillion options, thus the ask. Also, for a dude with a little more tire around the middle, LBV or chest rig with plate pockets recommendations? I'm leaning towards plate carrier in trunk with soft case. Thanks in advance.

crazybird

Clandestines Wife
    Oct 3, 2009
    Cecil County
    My husband stashed an unloaded AR under the seat in our truck. Not to mention the smoke grenades, bear spray and buck knife. I pray I will never have to use any of it but if I have to....well, watch out! ;)

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I believe a person has the legal right {when a LEO asks to search the trunk of a car} --- to say "only when you get permission from your commanding officer to search the trunk of my vehicle."

The LEO...who has a suspicion that a driver of a vehicle is carrying firearms --- It might be a good thing for the driver to say {if the LEO asks if the vehicle is carrying any firearms} "I have secured firearms onboard Mr. Officer" --- Since I'm not going to lie to a LEO if he or she asks me that question. The next question a LEO might ask you: "Do you have any knives onboard the vehicle?"

I'm not a legal adviser, nor am I a LEO --- So take it this information with a grain of salt --- Since I am not sure I'm correct in this legal matter.
    Here is your answer, Officer, I jabber nothing illegal in my vehicle

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jmward2008

Feb 3, 2016
    Harco
    Ive wanted to do this as well but im unsure the legality. I tend to have a few long guns in the suv few days after forgetting to take em in the house from a range day, but id like to keep my small 12g pump in for good incase SHTF

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom