• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    Glad your friend is OK.

It is good to see that the police press release stated these facts. I noticed WBAL included the AAPD facts in their article, as well. While it is not their goal, it does show HGP holders in a positive light.

Thanks. It sheds a positive light on CCW, and shows the need to be able to defend oneself. Hopefully it also has the counter affect on public opinion to the food court incident that occured earlier this month.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks. It sheds a positive light on CCW, and shows the need to be able to defend oneself. Hopefully it also has the counter affect on public opinion to the food court incident that occured earlier this month.
    Did the pieces of shit suspects leave in your friends car?

Do you know why you friend did not fore his gun?

I would probably have just wet my pants.

I am very glad your friend is okay!!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Did the victim by chance shoot back with a han-solo replica blaster? Did the criminals miss because they were dazzled by his amazing hair?

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    Did the pieces of shit suspects leave in your friends car?

Do you know why you friend did not fore his gun?

I would probably have just wet my pants.

I am very glad your friend is okay!!
    They did not leave in his car. As some folks do with a new car he parked further away from the store. He noticed a silver Toyota sedan with dark tinted windows parked right next to his SUV on the passenger side, which put him on alert. He went to the driver side and opened the back door to put his purchases inside and saw two guys jump out with guns in hand. He then opened the driver door to give additional cover, drew his sidearm, and chambered a round. One guy comes around the rear and says give up the keys, saw the gun ready, yelled OH Sh!t!!! and let off some unaimed shots while running away. My buddy moved to cover while looking for the the other individual. He said he didn't take a shot because he didn't feel he had a shot and would have been shooting toward the store. A second vehicle pulled up and they both drove away. Buddy calls the police, gives a statement, shows his CCW, and goes home with his gun. Edited for vehicle description accuracy.

Last edited:

wardm6

Oct 7, 2022
    They did not leave in his car. As some folks do with a new car he parked further away from the store. He noticed a blue Toyota Avalon with dark tinted windows parked right next to his SUV on the passenger side, which put him on alert. He went to the driver side and opened the back door to put his purchases inside and saw two guys jump out with guns in hand. He then opened the driver door to give additional cover, drew his sidearm, and chambered a round. One guy comes around the rear and says give up the keys, saw the gun ready, yelled OH Sh!t!!! and let off some unaimed shots while running away. My buddy moved to cover while looking for the the other individual. He said he didn't take a shot because he didn't feel he had a shot and would have been shooting toward the store. A second vehicle pulled up and they both drove away. Buddy calls the police, gives a statement, shows his CCW, and goes home with his gun.
    Well done!

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Silver sedan, two guys with guns, going for BMWs. Seems like quite the coincidence. So the friend doesn't keep a round chambered? Glad he is ok but the couple seconds it takes to load the weapon can be crucial when defending one's self.

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    Did the victim by chance shoot back with a han-solo replica blaster? Did the criminals miss because they were dazzled by his amazing hai

Did the victim by chance shoot back with a han-solo replica blaster? Did the criminals miss because they were dazzled by his amazing hair?
    Yeah, no kidding. They didn't even hit the truck. Honestly, I don't think they were expecting to be challenged in MD. That and the probable sideways pushing of the bullets out of the gun while running away make for bad accuracy. I kid, but my friend is still shaken by the experience. He says he's definitely going with Shield Arms mags now in his G43X for more capacity and carrying a spare, which he didn't do before. Also considering a lower profile vehicle.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    wow that's some crazy stuff, glad he walked away unharmed, and kept his ride, and good for not unloading possibly into a group of innocents in the background.

before he worries about more capacity though, he should carry the gun actually LOADED.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Yeah, no kidding. They didn't even hit the truck. Honestly, I don't think they were expecting to be challenged in MD. That and the probable sideways pushing of the bullets out of the gun while running away make for bad accuracy. I kid, but my friend is still shaken by the experience. He says he's definitely going with Shield Arms mags now in his G43X for more capacity and carrying a spare, which he didn't do before. Also considering a lower profile vehicle.
    I wonder how many criminals are aware of the Bruen ruling.

JollyPedro

Aug 15, 2022
    St Mary's County
    They did not leave in his car. As some folks do with a new car he parked further away from the store. He noticed a blue Toyota Avalon with dark tinted windows parked right next to his SUV on the passenger side, which put him on alert. He went to the driver side and opened the back door to put his purchases inside and saw two guys jump out with guns in hand. He then opened the driver door to give additional cover, drew his sidearm, and chambered a round. One guy comes around the rear and says give up the keys, saw the gun ready, yelled OH Sh!t!!! and let off some unaimed shots while running away. My buddy moved to cover while looking for the the other individual. He said he didn't take a shot because he didn't feel he had a shot and would have been shooting toward the store. A second vehicle pulled up and they both drove away. Buddy calls the police, gives a statement, shows his CCW, and goes home with his gun.
    This is amazing, well done by your friend! Maybe it'll give your buddy the confidence he needs to carry with one in the chamber?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Can someone forward this police statement to sunovabitch Brian Frost?
    If Frosh's position was based on controlling crime, AND if he was objective (LOL) it might make a teeny, tiny difference in his stance. Since neither are true, it is indeed a 'waste of electrons' to try to communicate this.

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    before he worries about more capacity though, he should carry the gun actually LOADED.
    We've had that conversation prior to this happening. He's new to CCW, I'm even newer, so I think it's a growing comfort level thing. I also think we might be revisiting that conversation again real soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom