• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Looks like I'll be making the drive between here and NC (Raleigh-Durham area) every month or two for a new job. So, what are some good spots for shopping between here and there? I'm sure there are some!

Ammo, parts, regular capacity magazine, accessories... I'd be looking for the things I can have but not buy here in the People's Republik, y'all know the drill.

Thanks!

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Southwest flies direct. Just saying..... Can you expense it?

I can, but it's faster, cheaper, less hassle and more flexible to just drive. Anything under a 2-hour flight, I rent a car locally and drive. My break point is somewhere between 6 and 8 hours of driving, then I'll fly.

Plus I can stop and relax and maybe do a little shopping when I drive.

:)

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    To close the loop on this, I didn't have a chance to visit that store in Raleigh, but will another time.

For this week it was Green Top on the way down and Bass Pro on the way back. Had to make both visits short because traffic was so much worse even than usual on I-95 (many hours worse). Bass Pro was nice, big and full of everything.

Green Top was even better - it was like Cabela's but with a local feel to it, great selection in firearms, archery, everything. If only I could have gone for-real shopping there, they had so many nice boomsticks to play with!

Oh wait, that doesn't sound right, does it?

Carry on.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Green Top is a must. The Bass Pro at the same exit has the worst customer service on the planet.

If you do chance it, be sure to look for Taylor in the gun department. He's a older guy who never comes out from behind the counter. Be sure to tell him he's a nasty son of a bitch.

I'll never set foot in that Bass Pro again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom