shooting ranges in west virginia eastern panhandle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B1web

Cogito Ergo Sum! (cogito)
    Jan 11, 2008
    I'm a member out at the IWL. Anytime anyone wants to take a look just let me know. It's pretty cheap to join and is a nice setup. I have a pretty flexible work schedule and can go out during the week. Let me know if anyone wants to go shoot:thumbsup:

Brad

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    i found a place i can shoot to get up to 500 yards. in my neighborhood and on private land that borders the quarry.

but since you asked hole punch,
    i think we should set a date and place for a weekend in spring or summer.

i'd be willing to host somthing but my shooting spots are pretty much only accessable by 4 wheeler or truck and my one spot is a bit to close where phoronous and i got bitched at one day.

i'll have to check with some people who own private land or know anyone who would be willing to host it on their land. the only problem is that it wouldn't be too constucted like a normal range with berms, covered benches(if any). it would basically be a red-neck style shooting range shooting towards the creek bed or tree line.....

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    i'll have to check with some people who own private land or know anyone who would be willing to host it on their land. the only problem is that it wouldn't be too constucted like a normal range with berms, covered benches(if any). it would basically be a red-neck style shooting range shooting towards the creek bed or tree line.....

lol, if you can clear if with the property owner then count me in. :party29:

ssjones

Nov 22, 2008
    Wife and I might head up that way tomorrow afternoon with the pistols and some cans (is that OK?). We have a 4WD Chevy, guess it might be a bit messy.

It may just be me, but that link doesn't seem to take you to WVA? (edit - I pasted the long/latitude in and it showed the correct location) I've been by there before, just past Shanghai.

It is free to shoot and has a 200 yard line with 8 benches. I know this is not an easy explanation but..

From 81 take 15 West (exit 13) follow it, it becomes Route 18 and you go past the town (if you can call it that) of Shanghai, the road is then known as Hampshire Grade Road (County Road 7-13). You will go up the mountain and at the top there is a left onto a dirt road. There used to be a sign for Sleepy Creek WMA, but I do not know if it is there. If you start going down the west side of the mountain, you passed the road. Once youn turn down the road (Target Lane) and the range is a little bit down on the right.

You can look up the turn at Target Lane by these Lat/Longs at Google Maps

+39°27'27.03" -78°10'23.16"

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=37.771008,+-122.41175+(You+can+insert+your+text+here)&iwloc=A&hl=en

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    cans = suppressors?

or cans = generic targets?

targets are fine as long as you use the backstop berms ( dont' set them ON TOP like most dumbasses do.. where will the bullet stop? anybodies guess)

as for suppressors.. i dont' recall seeing any rules against em, but i plan on making a serious note of ALL rules, including those which do not immediately apply to me, next time I'm out

ssjones

Nov 22, 2008
    Whoops, no cans just as in plinking targets.
    I'll snap a photo of the rules board this afternoon.

Btw, how far off the main road is the range?

cans = suppressors?

or cans = generic targets?

targets are fine as long as you use the backstop berms ( dont' set them ON TOP like most dumbasses do.. where will the bullet stop? anybodies guess)

as for suppressors.. i dont' recall seeing any rules against em, but i plan on making a serious note of ALL rules, including those which do not immediately apply to me, next time I'm out

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom