shooting ranges in west virginia eastern panhandle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    i'm gonna be around the seneca rocks area of wv this week cuz i'm going camping. i was gonna take my rifle and possibly do some target practice in the woods, or is that not a good idea?

you should be good on that

what kind of rifle you taking? just be aware of hunters because i think turkey season may still be in. but you should be good on shooting in the woods as long as you know whats around you

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    just a .22 survival rifle with open sights, probably just gonna do 25-50yds. i was gonna hike about 1/2-1 mile west, away from everything to shoot, since the rec area surrounds in all directions except for west. although last time i heard gunshots, sounded like shotgun to me, going off right by that farm on the hill w/ the graveyard, its up the hill (north) from princess snowbird campground. its supposed to be t-storms on tues, but the rest of the week should be nice :-D

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    i know i'm a little late, but if that's on Manongahela Forest land target practice is "discouraged" but not prohibited. The website says is disturbs the animals lol. I was hiking down in that area (Otter Creek) a few weeks ago and was thinking of bringing my .22 survival as well. Changed my mind because of the note on the site. Good thing I did because we got rained on anyways and spent most of the time in tents.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    i can shoot 600 yards from my back deck.

AND my friend up the road has quite a bit of land i shoot at somtimes.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    New indoor pistol range opening 6/1 down at Valley Guns just outside of Inwood, you can see it from 81 on the right going south. I took a tour yesterday nice place, it's down in the basement I believe I saw 10 lanes. Motorized target recall, A/C, just putting the finial touches. Looks promising.

i actually visited that 2 weeks ago and actually saw it for the first time. very nice might i say and its not to expensive and they allow you to bring your own ammo which is nice. i was pretty impressed

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    hey bean, i've got a .308 bolt action i'll be putting some glass on sometime this fall/winter. i'd love to have some help sighting it in :O) :hint hint:

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    i actually visited that 2 weeks ago and actually saw it for the first time. very nice might i say and its not to expensive and they allow you to bring your own ammo which is nice. i was pretty impressed

i packed up the car and went looking for this place today but I don't think I could find it.. I found an Archery place but they were closed. and so was Sparks..

Can someone help me find some information on Valley Guns. I'd really like to get out there soon and check teh facilities out. Maybe someone familiar with teh place could ride out there with me or show me how to get there? :O)

Phoronus

Apr 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    i packed up the car and went looking for this place today but I don't think I could find it.. I found an Archery place but they were closed. and so was Sparks..

Can someone help me find some information on Valley Guns. I'd really like to get out there soon and check teh facilities out. Maybe someone familiar with teh place could ride out there with me or show me how to get there? :O)

It's kinda weird to get to. I tried to use Google directions the first time and I'm pretty sure Google has no idea where the place is..

Go down 81 into WV, take the Tabler Station Rd exit, making a right off the exit. At Arden Nollville Rd (4 way stop), make a left. Follow that road. Follow it farther than it feels like you should be following it. Eventually, you'll see a big sign on the left pointing you up a road, you'll probably be able to see the wood (log?) building from there.

Edit: Wait, if you found the Archery place, you probably found it. Looking at the building from 81, the right side is Archery, the left side is Valley Guns II.

B1web

Cogito Ergo Sum! (cogito)
    Jan 11, 2008
    Hole punch, have you heard about the Izaak Walton league range in Clear Spring? It is right across the river from the Wash County land fill. Small but nice.

ssjones

Nov 22, 2008
    Guys, I'm jumping into this thread via message from Hole Punch. I'm over the river in Williamsport.
    I just bought a Ruger SP101/357 and was looking for a place to shoot. I also have a Ruger MKII- 22LR that is a blast.
    I used to shoot (20 couple years back..) at an old quarry/dump site off Rt. 11 in Falling Waters (past the Falling Waters mobile home park)
    December looks to be pretty busy for me, but hopefully I'll get to shoot the new gun at least around the holiday somewhere.
    My wife does a lot of work with a guy who is pretty active in that Izaak Walton league over near Sharpsburg. I'll see if she can get the info on using their range, but would guess you have to be a member.
    If we had a group of folks, I'd give the Sleepy Creek site a shot, but don't want to get shot for my efforts. Sounds a little sketchy.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Guys, I'm jumping into this thread via message from Hole Punch. I'm over the river in Williamsport.
    I just bought a Ruger SP101/357 and was looking for a place to shoot. I also have a Ruger MKII- 22LR that is a blast.
    I used to shoot (20 couple years back..) at an old quarry/dump site off Rt. 11 in Falling Waters (past the Falling Waters mobile home park)
    December looks to be pretty busy for me, but hopefully I'll get to shoot the new gun at least around the holiday somewhere.
    My wife does a lot of work with a guy who is pretty active in that Izaak Walton league over near Sharpsburg. I'll see if she can get the info on using their range, but would guess you have to be a member.
    If we had a group of folks, I'd give the Sleepy Creek site a shot, but don't want to get shot for my efforts. Sounds a little sketchy.

i live less than a mile from the quarry...

good choice on the sp101, my mom just got one for herself with CTC lazer grips.

and i agree with you on staying from sleepy creek. its nice shooting 200 yards but you get alot of dumbasses up there.

i know plenty of people with the property but i doubt all of you have 4 wheelers or would be able to get trucks in and out of trails to get to our shooting spots. maybe with the exception of a few but i don't know who would be interested in hosting a shoot though...

Phoronus

Apr 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    I didn't think Sleep Creek was that bad, though maybe I was just there good days. Both times there were a couple families, no body too sketchy.

I'll probably join the IWL at some point, I just need to remember to get around to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom